2013-2014 MISS. FLYWAY TRAVELING DECOY

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

Re: 2013-2014 MISS. FLYWAY TRAVELING DECOY

Postby SpinnerMan » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:45 pm

Indaswamp wrote:not legal to shoot mute swans there?

Nope. I wish, We have a ton of them around here. They're going to have to do something soon.

BTW, I screwed up the link on "but" at the end. Oops.

It was supposed to take you to this file.

GingerGoose.jpg
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:51 pm

BAM! And I am ashamed to say (since more are taken in MN than anywhere else) that is the first goose over ginger. Well done Sir!
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby jaysweet3 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:53 pm

Not that it matters, I got one. Northern Illinois straight up representing on our waterfowling prowess.
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:59 pm

jaysweet3 wrote:Not that it matters, I got one. Northern Illinois straight up representing on our waterfowling prowess.

:thumbsup:

I still haven't crossed IL off my list so I can't say much.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:19 pm

Good job there spinnerman. Is someone keeping track of the tally?
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Re: 2013-2014 MISS. FLYWAY TRAVELING DECOY SIGN UP LIST

Postby SpinnerMan » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:25 pm

WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:New numbers... Sorry for not making much of a dent, should have added 18-20 to the list, but we didn't. Oh'well!
7 DHC Members
157 Doves
19 BWT
17 Woodducks
7 GWT
3 Mallards
1 Coot

I think Jay said they got 1 Canada and 1 Wigeon and I got the 1 Canada, so I believe these are the current total

9 DHC Members
157 Doves
19 BWT
17 Woodducks
7 GWT
3 Mallards
1 Coot
2 Canada Geese
1 Wigeon
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:11 am

good job Spinnerman. I will kill one of those evil geese yet this year. If i have to club a park goose
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby 18javelin » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:30 am

Can't wait till Saturday

Sent from my LGL75C using Tapatalk 2
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
18javelin
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:29 am

18javelin wrote:Can't wait till Saturday

Ginger is on the move. He should arrive Wednesday. I'll PM you the tracking info later.

Good luck. I hope you have as much fun as I did and more success with the numbers.

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:good job Spinnerman. I will kill one of those evil geese yet this year. If i have to club a park goose

Just don't get caught. I think they should allow us to net the sidewalkshitters during the season. They need to learn their place in the pecking order. Of course, so do all the people that are scared of them and let them have a higher rung on the pecking order. The geese where I work almost look shocked when I don't break stride when they are in my way on the sidewalk. When they walk across the road when I'm driving, I do not stop. I don't go fast enough that I might run one over. I'd hate to see people break down in tears over a flattened sidewalkshitters, but they will move at my pace and not theirs. I had one a few weeks ago, all I could see were the wing tips when it finally realized that I was not going to stop for it and it best get out of the road, now! Just one week of allowing people to go after them with nets and they would quickly learn that people are to be feared and most of the problems would go away.

In a normal year, I get about 10, but I'd shoot 100 if I could. These are mostly suburban sidewalkshitters and there are too damned many of them.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:53 am

SpinnerMan wrote:

Ginger is on the move. He should arrive Wednesday. I'll PM you the tracking info later.

Good luck. I hope you have as much fun as I did and more success with the numbers.

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:good job Spinnerman. I will kill one of those evil geese yet this year. If i have to club a park goose

Just don't get caught. I think they should allow us to net the sidewalkshitters during the season. They need to learn their place in the pecking order. Of course, so do all the people that are scared of them and let them have a higher rung on the pecking order. The geese where I work almost look shocked when I don't break stride when they are in my way on the sidewalk. When they walk across the road when I'm driving, I do not stop. I don't go fast enough that I might run one over. I'd hate to see people break down in tears over a flattened sidewalkshitters, but they will move at my pace and not theirs. I had one a few weeks ago, all I could see were the wing tips when it finally realized that I was not going to stop for it and it best get out of the road, now! Just one week of allowing people to go after them with nets and they would quickly learn that people are to be feared and most of the problems would go away.

In a normal year, I get about 10, but I'd shoot 100 if I could. These are mostly suburban sidewalkshitters and there are too damned many of them.

This is exactly what they are. I hate them like Cujo hates Turkeys
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:03 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

Can't come even close to Cujo's hate for turkeys! :no:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:05 am

Indaswamp wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

Can't come even close to Cujo's hate for turkeys! :no:

This is true. That man despises turkeys

-Gene Hill
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby Blackcloud870 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:58 pm

Well you've got me excited for Ginger Spinner. I vow to unleash as much fury as the law/luck permits on those water turkeys when I have my chance.
threedogs wrote: wrote:One word, Inflatable decoys......

DanJeffandJack wrote:I just drink beer and crush box.

That's how I remain the physical specimen that I am.
Blackcloud870
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:59 pm

Blackcloud870 wrote:Well you've got me excited for Ginger Spinner. I vow to unleash as much fury as the law/luck permits on those water turkeys when I have my chance.

Kill em all BC.

-Gene Hill
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:09 pm

Blackcloud870 wrote:Well you've got me excited for Ginger Spinner. I vow to unleash as much fury as the law/luck permits on those water turkeys when I have my chance.

Give 'em hell. If you have a good field, you can whack and stack 'em around here. That is for sure.

I hunt in a strip pit. We've been working to clear and level some land so we can actually hunt them as opposed to just shooting flyovers. It's definitely been working, but it's not like being in a big corn field.

That goose I got was a fly over, but it was the result of clearing a bunch of worthless cottonwoods which in addition to giving us a place to hunt them, it increases the number that flyover low enough.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby 18javelin » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:09 am

Im scouting 3 evening this week hope to find some birds.

Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
18javelin
hunter

Postby 18javelin » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:42 pm

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:

Kill em all BC.

Im next A5 ME im next....
18javelin
hunter

Postby bmoy1920 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:10 pm

The Hickory Ridge boys would love to get the Rambler on the 22nd and 23rd of December. Last time out with it, it was the only decoy we had since we couldn't get to Arkansas with it, but this year we'll be in Arkansas nearly every weekend with special preference to the weekend before Christmas.
bmoy1920
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:24 pm

18javelin wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:

Kill em all BC.

Im next A5 ME im next....

kill em all 18. lol. Get your azz to Ohio before the season ends buddy

-Gene Hill
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:18 pm

bmoy1920 wrote:The Hickory Ridge boys would love to get the Rambler on the 22nd and 23rd of December. Last time out with it, it was the only decoy we had since we couldn't get to Arkansas with it, but this year we'll be in Arkansas nearly every weekend with special preference to the weekend before Christmas.

pm sent bmoy....

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:28 am

Good luck 18javelin. The tracking says that Ginger is out for delivery, so you should get him today.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby 18javelin » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:50 pm

Ginger has arrived. Tomorrow he will join me on a Trip to Cabelas in Louisville Ky. Then scouting Friday eve for opener Sat. Morning. Seen 400 commerants this eve from highway ducks (A Duck)should be around.
uploadfromtaptalk1383256100054.jpg

18javelin
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:24 pm

Is your man cave a closet ? What kind of booze is that that you have already drank?
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby 18javelin » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:49 pm

My stairway to Manly Realms the internet is not Ready for Unfinished basement with my bow shop and hunting gear. Those are Empty Ducks Unlimted whiskey bottles. (Worthless) But cool 60s? Bottles.

18javelin
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:53 pm

18javelin wrote:My stairway to Manly Realms the internet is not Ready for Unfinished basement with my bow shop and hunting gear. Those are Empty Ducks Unlimted whiskey bottles. (Worthless) But cool 60s? Bottles.

ducks unlimited made whiskey? Mind. Blown...

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole