2013-2014 MISS. FLYWAY TRAVELING DECOY

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

Re: 2013-2014 MISS. FLYWAY TRAVELING DECOY

Postby mitchmc » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:35 am

keep bustin' um Byers :clapping:
YOU GOT TO BUST UM IN THE LIPS!!
User avatar
mitchmc
hunter
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 7:53 pm
Location: bum f*@# Egypt


Re: 2013-2014 MISS. FLYWAY TRAVELING DECOY

Postby ByersFarm » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:42 pm

Ginga wasn't that good to us today. We fed her black eye peas and ham hocks tonight in the hope of turning her luck around.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 12347
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR

Re: 2013-2014 MISS. FLYWAY TRAVELING DECOY

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:51 pm

ByersFarm wrote:Ginga wasn't that good to us today. We fed her black eye peas and ham hocks tonight in the hope of turning her luck around.

no cabbage?
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56117
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: 2013-2014 MISS. FLYWAY TRAVELING DECOY

Postby mitchmc » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:09 pm

Hope it works...we still have to work hard for the ducks BUT hammerin the specks!!!!
YOU GOT TO BUST UM IN THE LIPS!!
User avatar
mitchmc
hunter
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 7:53 pm
Location: bum f*@# Egypt

Re: 2013-2014 MISS. FLYWAY TRAVELING DECOY

Postby Crazy Matt » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:11 pm

Image

Bazinga, you Mississippi sluts.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Call, Kill, Consume.
User avatar
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert
 
Posts: 6878
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:58 pm
Location: Texas

Re: 2013-2014 MISS. FLYWAY TRAVELING DECOY

Postby ByersFarm » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:14 pm

Crazy Matt wrote:Image

Bazinga, you Mississippi sluts.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get out of our flyway camera man.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 12347
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR

Re: 2013-2014 MISS. FLYWAY TRAVELING DECOY

Postby jaysweet3 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:35 pm

Who let you hold their birds for a picture?
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
User avatar
jaysweet3
hunter
 
Posts: 8055
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:42 am
Location: N. Illinois

Re: 2013-2014 MISS. FLYWAY TRAVELING DECOY

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:39 pm

Anyone hear how Bmoy did with the deek? If he posted about it, I missed it.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56117
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: 2013-2014 MISS. FLYWAY TRAVELING DECOY

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:40 pm

All that bad Texan juju will rub off on ginger
And a Desert Eagle that's one great big ol' pistol
I mean .50 caliber made by badazz Hebrews
User avatar
OHIODUCKA5
hunter
 
Posts: 11561
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: 2013-2014 MISS. FLYWAY TRAVELING DECOY

Postby ByersFarm » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:54 pm

We've put 54 over her so far.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 12347
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR

Re: 2013-2014 MISS. FLYWAY TRAVELING DECOY

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:01 pm

ByersFarm wrote:We've put 54 over her so far.


:clapping: :clapping:
And a Desert Eagle that's one great big ol' pistol
I mean .50 caliber made by badazz Hebrews
User avatar
OHIODUCKA5
hunter
 
Posts: 11561
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: 2013-2014 MISS. FLYWAY TRAVELING DECOY

Postby Crazy Matt » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:31 pm

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:All that bad Texan juju will rub off on ginger


Hate to say it, but this Texan juju is good.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Call, Kill, Consume.
User avatar
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert
 
Posts: 6878
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:58 pm
Location: Texas

Re: 2013-2014 MISS. FLYWAY TRAVELING DECOY

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:34 pm

Crazy Matt wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:All that bad Texan juju will rub off on ginger


Hate to say it, but this Texan juju is good.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Ok you and hop have good juju :lol3: .
And a Desert Eagle that's one great big ol' pistol
I mean .50 caliber made by badazz Hebrews
User avatar
OHIODUCKA5
hunter
 
Posts: 11561
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: 2013-2014 MISS. FLYWAY TRAVELING DECOY

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:11 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388700634.876707.jpg


Ginga helping haul wood
teddysberna wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:Did you get his autograph?

I thought about getting him to sign my cleavage, but decided against it at the last moment.
User avatar
Westtennduckhunter
hunter
 
Posts: 11947
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:04 pm
Location: Memphis, tn

Re: 2013-2014 MISS. FLYWAY TRAVELING DECOY

Postby Rick Hall » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:22 pm

Thought it was his family reunion.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
User avatar
Rick Hall
hunter
 
Posts: 13214
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:03 pm

Re: 2013-2014 MISS. FLYWAY TRAVELING DECOY

Postby CrazyDrake » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:47 am

Indaswamp wrote:Anyone hear how Bmoy did with the deek? If he posted about it, I missed it.


Bmoy wasn't able to make the trip, but me and my bro in law, Josh11591 got after em. Or should I saw we tried our best. We hunted the 26th-31st, and killed 4 birds. This is out of a field that before the 2 day Christmas break put up numbers of 24, 22, 24 and 30. Seems like the flood killed us. There were birds in the area but they were sky high all week. Seems like that's about how it was for most people around the area. Felt bad for my BIL, drove all the way from NC and didn't get to kill but 2 ducks.

Highlight of the week was sending my 2 year old on a 200+ yard cut bean field retrieve of a crippled goose.

All in all we have had a great season, since the split it has been pretty rough. I'm not gonna make Arkansas this weekend with this weather, but I will be there the next two weekends, hopefully it shapes up a little better! I have one crappy cell phone pic of the ginger, but wont post it. It was great just being able to have the bird in my possession, and think about all the ducks that have been killed over it this year!

Cason whenever you are feeling generous, we are only 20 minutes up the road! :hi:
User avatar
CrazyDrake
hunter
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:18 am
Location: West TN/N.E Arkansas

Re: 2013-2014 MISS. FLYWAY TRAVELING DECOY

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:03 am

CrazyDrake wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:Anyone hear how Bmoy did with the deek? If he posted about it, I missed it.


Bmoy wasn't able to make the trip, but me and my bro in law, Josh11591 got after em. Or should I saw we tried our best. We hunted the 26th-31st, and killed 4 birds. This is out of a field that before the 2 day Christmas break put up numbers of 24, 22, 24 and 30. Seems like the flood killed us. There were birds in the area but they were sky high all week. Seems like that's about how it was for most people around the area. Felt bad for my BIL, drove all the way from NC and didn't get to kill but 2 ducks.

Highlight of the week was sending my 2 year old on a 200+ yard cut bean field retrieve of a crippled goose.

All in all we have had a great season, since the split it has been pretty rough. I'm not gonna make Arkansas this weekend with this weather, but I will be there the next two weekends, hopefully it shapes up a little better! I have one crappy cell phone pic of the ginger, but wont post it. It was great just being able to have the bird in my possession, and think about all the ducks that have been killed over it this year!

Cason whenever you are feeling generous, we are only 20 minutes up the road! :hi:

Thanks for the report. How many of what species did ya'll kill over Ginger?
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56117
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: 2013-2014 MISS. FLYWAY TRAVELING DECOY

Postby CrazyDrake » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:42 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
CrazyDrake wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:Anyone hear how Bmoy did with the deek? If he posted about it, I missed it.


Bmoy wasn't able to make the trip, but me and my bro in law, Josh11591 got after em. Or should I saw we tried our best. We hunted the 26th-31st, and killed 4 birds. This is out of a field that before the 2 day Christmas break put up numbers of 24, 22, 24 and 30. Seems like the flood killed us. There were birds in the area but they were sky high all week. Seems like that's about how it was for most people around the area. Felt bad for my BIL, drove all the way from NC and didn't get to kill but 2 ducks.

Highlight of the week was sending my 2 year old on a 200+ yard cut bean field retrieve of a crippled goose.

All in all we have had a great season, since the split it has been pretty rough. I'm not gonna make Arkansas this weekend with this weather, but I will be there the next two weekends, hopefully it shapes up a little better! I have one crappy cell phone pic of the ginger, but wont post it. It was great just being able to have the bird in my possession, and think about all the ducks that have been killed over it this year!

Cason whenever you are feeling generous, we are only 20 minutes up the road! :hi:

Thanks for the report. How many of what species did ya'll kill over Ginger?



1-Susie Mallard
2 Drake GWT
1-Snow Geese
User avatar
CrazyDrake
hunter
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:18 am
Location: West TN/N.E Arkansas

Re: 2013-2014 MISS. FLYWAY TRAVELING DECOY

Postby Papachessie » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:08 pm

Rick Hall wrote:Thought it was his family reunion.

That's funny :lol3: Doesn't appear anyone else got it. :wink:
Jarbo03 wrote:Those two are nothing but life support systems for vaginas
User avatar
Papachessie
hunter
 
Posts: 4294
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:05 pm
Location: Northern Indiana NOT Notre Dame

Re: 2013-2014 MISS. FLYWAY TRAVELING DECOY

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:15 pm

Papachessie wrote:
Rick Hall wrote:Thought it was his family reunion.

That's funny :lol3: Doesn't appear anyone else got it. :wink:

I got the joke, but fwiw, Ginger is a foamer deek.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56117
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: 2013-2014 MISS. FLYWAY TRAVELING DECOY

Postby Underradar » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:26 pm

Well, Ginger is endangered.
My lab died, and no one on Duckhuntingchat even cared.

Google I'm feeling lucky: DU biologist stole my car

You may win a fight, but you can never win an argument.
User avatar
Underradar
hunter
 
Posts: 5166
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:09 pm
Location: Rut Coon, LA

Re: 2013-2014 MISS. FLYWAY TRAVELING DECOY

Postby Papachessie » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:45 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
Papachessie wrote:
Rick Hall wrote:Thought it was his family reunion.

That's funny :lol3: Doesn't appear anyone else got it. :wink:

I got the joke, but fwiw, Ginger is a foamer deek.

I know that. But it's still funny. She does have a wood head, by the way.
Jarbo03 wrote:Those two are nothing but life support systems for vaginas
User avatar
Papachessie
hunter
 
Posts: 4294
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:05 pm
Location: Northern Indiana NOT Notre Dame

Re: 2013-2014 MISS. FLYWAY TRAVELING DECOY

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:47 pm

Papachessie wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
Papachessie wrote:
Rick Hall wrote:Thought it was his family reunion.

That's funny :lol3: Doesn't appear anyone else got it. :wink:

I got the joke, but fwiw, Ginger is a foamer deek.

I know that. But it's still funny. She does have a wood head, by the way.

nope. All foam. I noticed it when I repaired the broke bill on the deek. Hopefully the wood dowel I inserted to secure the bill to the head works. I tried to loosen the bolt and turn the head to keep it from breaking, but the head would not budge.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56117
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: 2013-2014 MISS. FLYWAY TRAVELING DECOY

Postby cannon » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:58 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
Papachessie wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
Papachessie wrote:
Rick Hall wrote:Thought it was his family reunion.

That's funny :lol3: Doesn't appear anyone else got it. :wink:

I got the joke, but fwiw, Ginger is a foamer deek.

I know that. But it's still funny. She does have a wood head, by the way.

nope. All foam. I noticed it when I repaired the broke bill on the deek. Hopefully the wood dowel I inserted to secure the bill to the head works. I tried to loosen the bolt and turn the head to keep it from breaking, but the head would not budge.


Yeah . . . something tells me that the work you did ain't gonna keep it all together.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
User avatar
cannon
hunter
 
Posts: 4043
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:17 pm
Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Re: 2013-2014 MISS. FLYWAY TRAVELING DECOY

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:02 pm

cannon wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
Papachessie wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
Papachessie wrote:
Rick Hall wrote:Thought it was his family reunion.

That's funny :lol3: Doesn't appear anyone else got it. :wink:

I got the joke, but fwiw, Ginger is a foamer deek.

I know that. But it's still funny. She does have a wood head, by the way.

nope. All foam. I noticed it when I repaired the broke bill on the deek. Hopefully the wood dowel I inserted to secure the bill to the head works. I tried to loosen the bolt and turn the head to keep it from breaking, but the head would not budge.


Yeah . . . something tells me that the work you did ain't gonna keep it all together.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did you guys do with the deek??? :huh:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56117
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: decoycarver0205, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], OHIODUCKA5 and 29 guests