Duck Fever!!!

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

Duck Fever!!!

Postby ATMO » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:05 am

I am from Central Texas and I spent my entire life hunting, but never for ducks. Everything from deer to bobcats. Last year I was introduced to duck hunting by my brother in law and I can't get enough of it. It's not the same kind of duck hunting that you would see on one of those television shows where there are hundreds of green heads cupped heading into the deaks. However, the good thing is that you never know what kind of ducks you will kill on any given day. We killed our limit opening morning by 7:15. We were picking up decoys while birds were still landing on us. Classic.
I would rather go duck hunting than deer hunting any day now. There is nothing like hearing that first group of ducks of the morning whistle over your blind. I just wish I had been doing this my whole life. Good thing I'm only 30 years old. Hopefully I will get to hunt those suckers for a long time to come.
It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.
Lonesome Dove
ATMO
Newb

Postby MTgoosehunter » Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:32 am

DUCK HUNTIN ROCKS!!! :getdown: :salude:
I aint a killer but dont push me.......revenge is the sweetist joy next to gettin ..ssy
MTgoosehunter
hunter

Postby O_E_J » Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:12 pm

I am in the same boat as you. I hunted for everything; deer, elk, rabbits, you name it I tried for it. After being introduced to duck hunting this season I could hang up the hat for the general deer and elk hunts. I too have duck fever.
OEJ
O_E_J
hunter

Postby AK Ducks » Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:19 pm

I love to duck hunt But I also like to deer hunt just as much. I got 2 deer the other week( limits 4 a year here) then went duck hunting the next weekend and got 30 ducks ( 3 of us with a limit of 10 a peice) it has been a sweet month :thumbsup:
thanks to the men and woman of the United States Coast Guard- without them I would not be here.
AK Ducks
hunter

Postby macdaddy » Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:32 pm

ATMO: that's the age @ which I started hunting; waterfowl was one of the first things that I pursued. Cut my teeth on geese. While I still hunt deer (& still thrill over opening day of Pa's rifle season), waterfowl are what I hunt for the rest of the season. You're right - few things can compare to the whistling of ducks' wings. Nothing like a flock of geese coming in like a flight of B24's.
I'm the guy your Mother Goose warned you about.
macdaddy
hunter

Postby Woodywoodduck » Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:16 pm

Duck Fever???

Look at my name!

Real Duck Fever makes you Grow feathers!

I'll have to dig up a picture of me and post it, to prove, i has Feathers all over
Our youth are the Back Bone to hunting of the Future. Teach them WELL!
Woodywoodduck
hunter

Postby Snaph » Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:38 pm

Pa rifle season is a state holiday. But after I got my deer on the first day I was back in "duck mode". I am hoping that this cold weather gets the ducks coming down this way. If we did not miss the migration already that is. A bay full of bluebills is all that is happening now. And they just sit out there and float and dive around. The duck numbers are low, but I have seen less rabbit than duck this year.
Snaph
hunter

Postby donell67 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:22 pm

i just hunt ducks now too. use to hunt alot of different game.i am on my 24th season and i get more obsessed every year.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby quackkiller » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:38 pm

I hunt everything. Deer, dove, coyote, coon, rabbit, squirrel, ducks, and geese. But I will say that nothing compares to Duck & Goose hunting. It is by far my favorite and always will be. :salude:
quackkiller
hunter

Postby hawkdog » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:46 pm

Im beginning to think its a disease. Symptoms: freezing your a#$ off, spending a bunch of money, getting lost in the dark.... :toofunny:
hawkdog
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole