Transporting

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Transporting

Postby birdblaster » Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:48 pm

I need a way to transport a pretty good amount (4-5 dzn) of full body decoys (in my pickup). I have the GHG so I want to try to find a way to do this without scratching/scraping the paint. Do you guys have any ideas cuz I cant afford a trailer. Is there something you can make cheap?
birdblaster
hunter

Postby newbiewaterfowler » Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:14 pm

go down to a 2nd hand store or dollar store and buy a crap load of pillow cases.????I have the flocked heads and all I do is cover the heads with socks so the flocking does'nt come off the rest of the body is pretty durable.
newbiewaterfowler
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:23 pm

If you are conerned about enough room, remove the foot bases. Buy and put ithem in decoy pocket bags. Avery makes some. Also Diane's Custom Decoys Bags are excellent bags of various sizes.
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Giv'em3 » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:16 pm

Hog panel. You can find it at any farm supply store. Just cut it to fit your bed and wire tie it together. Make it so that it hinges in the back.
Don't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

If that don't light your Fire, your woods WET!!!!
Giv'em3
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole