Indaswamp if you wouldn't mind making this a sticky that would be great...Please keep the chatter down on this thread... ONLY post dates that you would like to hunt over the Rambler...
O.K., here are the rules for this year....pretty much the same as last year...
If you are interested in hunting over the 2013-2014 Pacific flyway traveling deek this season, please post up on this thread.
This is for the Pacific flyway ONLY, if you hunt in the Pacific flyway-you can sign up for the deek.
Requirements are that you must have at least 300 posts or been a member for at least a year. Also, you must check in to DHC at least once a week so that you can keep up with the scheduling. things move fast as the season gets close and people get shifted around, we need you to be able to answer questions on changes in dates quickly-otherwise you might get left out. It's up to you to check in and be sure you can hunt over the deek during your season dates. Also-there is a cost to hunting over the traveling deeks. You are responsible for the shipping cost to the next member on the list! DO NOT SIGN UP IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO PAY IT.
These requirements are in place to assure that members in good standing qualify for the deek. If you are new to DHC, stick around and you will get a chance next season. The interest in hunting over this deek is always high.
O.K., here are the ground rules...
1. The deek will be shipped out on Mondays, received by the next guy in line on prob. thursday to give him time to hunt over
the deek on the weekend. please try to ship it out before 10 am and keep in touch with the next guy in line to work things out between each other.
2. Try and schedule a hunt with fellow DHC members in your area so that more people can hunt over the deek. You do not have to take them to your #1 honey hole if you do not want to. pick a public marsh if possible and have fun with it.
3. I will try and find a journal to send out with the deek like last year, and everyone can throw a little somethin in the box that's unique to that hunt.
4. We will hunt early teal/goose over the deek and late season goose. If you want to hunt over the deek, I need your season dates for scheduling. No exceptions. If you wanna hunt over the deek, look up your season dates and post them up on this thread along with the state you hunt in, don't expect me to do it for you. Please do not pm me your dates it will be easier for me to scroll through this thread to find them rather than clicking on a bunch of pms. And don't forget early season...we need guys to hunt over it then too.
5. I'm going to do my best to keep the deek traveling North-South with the migration, with the mailing distances as short as possible to keep mailing costs to a minimum. You may not get the deek at optimum hunt time when the migration comes though. People that have scheduled more than 2 DHC members to hunt over the deek will be given preference, so do try to schedule a hunt with other members. Conflicts will be resolved as best as possible, don't get butt-hurt if you don't get the dates you want. After the schedule is set, you can horse trade among yourselves for date changes if you want...just post up the changes to the schedule on this thread.
6. Everyone must swap phone numbers with the guy before you and after you so we can contact each other about when the deek is shipped and so no one falls off the map again. And if you will be unable to log in to DHC when you have the deek, please post up ahead of time and let us know. This will make the handoff's much easier. Thanks guys!
7. I'll get the complete list posted in a few weeks... remember first come first served!
ScaupHunter Got the decoy this year here's a few pictures of the Rambler... Very Nice...