Duck Hunting Forum banner

Pacific Flyway Rambler Sign Up

10K views 118 replies 23 participants last post by  All-Day 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Indaswamp if you wouldn't mind making this a sticky that would be great...

Please keep the chatter down on this thread... ONLY post dates that you would like to hunt over the Rambler...

O.K., here are the rules for this year....pretty much the same as last year...

If you are interested in hunting over the 2013-2014 Pacific flyway traveling deek this season, please post up on this thread.
This is for the Pacific flyway ONLY, if you hunt in the Pacific flyway-you can sign up for the deek.

Requirements are that you must have at least 300 posts or been a member for at least a year. Also, you must check in to DHC at least once a week so that you can keep up with the scheduling. things move fast as the season gets close and people get shifted around, we need you to be able to answer questions on changes in dates quickly-otherwise you might get left out. It's up to you to check in and be sure you can hunt over the deek during your season dates. Also-there is a cost to hunting over the traveling deeks. You are responsible for the shipping cost to the next member on the list! DO NOT SIGN UP IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO PAY IT.

These requirements are in place to assure that members in good standing qualify for the deek. If you are new to DHC, stick around and you will get a chance next season. The interest in hunting over this deek is always high.

O.K., here are the ground rules...

1. The deek will be shipped out on Mondays, received by the next guy in line on prob. thursday to give him time to hunt over
the deek on the weekend. please try to ship it out before 10 am and keep in touch with the next guy in line to work things out between each other.

2. Try and schedule a hunt with fellow DHC members in your area so that more people can hunt over the deek. You do not have to take them to your #1 honey hole if you do not want to. pick a public marsh if possible and have fun with it.

3. I will try and find a journal to send out with the deek like last year, and everyone can throw a little somethin in the box that's unique to that hunt.

4. We will hunt early teal/goose over the deek and late season goose. If you want to hunt over the deek, I need your season dates for scheduling. No exceptions. If you wanna hunt over the deek, look up your season dates and post them up on this thread along with the state you hunt in, don't expect me to do it for you. Please do not pm me your dates it will be easier for me to scroll through this thread to find them rather than clicking on a bunch of pms. And don't forget early season...we need guys to hunt over it then too.

5. I'm going to do my best to keep the deek traveling North-South with the migration, with the mailing distances as short as possible to keep mailing costs to a minimum. You may not get the deek at optimum hunt time when the migration comes though. People that have scheduled more than 2 DHC members to hunt over the deek will be given preference, so do try to schedule a hunt with other members. Conflicts will be resolved as best as possible, don't get butt-hurt if you don't get the dates you want. After the schedule is set, you can horse trade among yourselves for date changes if you want...just post up the changes to the schedule on this thread.

6. Everyone must swap phone numbers with the guy before you and after you so we can contact each other about when the deek is shipped and so no one falls off the map again. And if you will be unable to log in to DHC when you have the deek, please post up ahead of time and let us know. This will make the handoff's much easier. Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

7. I'll get the complete list posted in a few weeks... remember first come first served!

ScaupHunter Got the decoy this year here's a few pictures of the Rambler... Very Nice... :thumbsup:
get-attachment.jpg

get-attachment.jpg

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I am in AZ, Season Dates last year where OCT. 19th through JAN. 27th and should be similar this year. I would love to be involved. pencil me in for November 7th-11th
:grooving:

#3 ·
WA State

jan 9th-13th want it

season is oct 12- jan 31st

At least 2 DHC members, Columbia Basin Local along with myself and possibliy two more members

#4 ·
HOWDY FROM NORTHERN CALIFORNIA,UPPER BUTTE SINK RICE FIELDS......IM RETIRED,HUNT DUCKS EVERY DAY,.AFTER MY BIG GAME SEASONS,......I DO A LOT OF LOOKING ON HEAR,BUT ONLY POST WHEN I GOT SOMETHING TO SHARE,AS I LIVE IN THE HEART OF THE BEST DUCK AND GOOSE HUNTING IN CALIFORNIA,SO I KEEP MY EYES OPEN FOR THE CALI FORUM....CHECK MY POSTS AND YOU YOU SEE I HAVE A FEW MEMBERS FOLLOW ME.........MY BLIND IS IN THE RICE FIELDS,SO WE DONT SHOOT A LOT OF SCAUP,BUT I WOOD BE GLAD TO GIVE IT ALOT OF ATTENTION ,IN MY HONEY HOLE LANDING AREA IN FRONT OF MY 4 MAN DUCK BLIND,
WITH 3000 TO 8000 OF HIS BUDDYS TO HELP HIM OUT..........AS I HAVE ONE OF THE BIGGEST DECOY SPREADS IN THE STATE'....

I ALSO CAN FILL MY BLIND WITH DHC MEMBERS,TO HUNT OVER THEM,
CALIFORNIA SEASON RUNS OCT.19 TO JAN.26TH.....I DO GOOD MOST DAYS...BUT THE BEST IS THANKSGIVING TO NEW YEARS

ID BE GLAD TO HAVE IT ,AND WOULD WRITE A STOIRY OR TWO WITH PICTURES.....

THANK YOU.......YOUR FRIEND .......DUCKSPY.......

#5 ·
I don't know how you're doing the calendar up but, I'd like to request to have the deek for the weekend of Jan.5. AKPirate should be traveling through this way and we're gonna try to chase the bills with it before we head to Cali for a hunt the following week.

#6 ·
DUCKSPY said:
HOWDY FROM NORTHERN CALIFORNIA,UPPER BUTTE SINK RICE FIELDS......IM RETIRED,HUNT DUCKS EVERY DAY,.AFTER MY BIG GAME SEASONS,......I DO A LOT OF LOOKING ON HEAR,BUT ONLY POST WHEN I GOT SOMETHING TO SHARE,AS I LIVE IN THE HEART OF THE BEST DUCK AND GOOSE HUNTING IN CALIFORNIA,SO I KEEP MY EYES OPEN FOR THE CALI FORUM....CHECK MY POSTS AND YOU YOU SEE I HAVE A FEW MEMBERS FOLLOW ME.........MY BLIND IS IN THE RICE FIELDS,SO WE DONT SHOOT A LOT OF SCAUP,BUT I WOOD BE GLAD TO GIVE IT ALOT OF ATTENTION ,IN MY HONEY HOLE LANDING AREA IN FRONT OF MY 4 MAN DUCK BLIND,
WITH 3000 TO 8000 OF HIS BUDDYS TO HELP HIM OUT..........AS I HAVE ONE OF THE BIGGEST DECOY SPREADS IN THE STATE'....

CALIFORNIA SEASON RUNS OCT.19 TO JAN.26TH.....I DO GOOD MOST DAYS...BUT THE BEST IS THANKSGIVING TO NEW YEARS

Sounds good just give me a date and I'll fill it in on the calendar...

#7 ·
The deek is a foamer I made up. I picked a sleeper to make the shipping easier on everyone. You won't have to worry about the head breaking in shipping.

I would like to have the deek for the last week of the late season. That will put it back in the spread with it's brothers and sisters, with lots of great hunts under it's keel. That would be sometime after Jan 25th.

#8 ·
QH's Paw said:
I don't know how you're doing the calendar up but, I'd like to request to have the deek for the weekend of Jan.5. AKPirate should be traveling through this way and we're gonna try to chase the bills with it before we head to Cali for a hunt the following week.
Got ya down QH... in a week or 2 I'll come out with official calendar with dates that are spoken for and also dates that have not been taken so people can see what is still available and hopefully get a full ride for the Rambler this season

#9 ·
HOWDY MR. JUWEHOYT......
ANY TIME WORKS FOR ME AS I HUNT EVERYDAY ,AFTER THANKSGIVING TO END OF SEASON....
DEC. IS THE BEST AS NEW BIRDS ARRIVE,AND THINK MY SPREAD IS A CLOSED ZONE....SO WERE DONE EARLY WITH SHOOTERS CHOICE,FOR A FEW WEEKS,THEN WE HAVE TO WORK A LITTLE HARDER AFTER THAT........WHAT EVER WORKS FOR THE REST OF THE GUYS,GIVE IT TO THEM ,THEY FILL ME IN WHENEVER.....ILL BE IN MONTANA HUNTING,FROM ABOUT OCT. 20 TO NOV.15TH
SO ILL BE OUT OF TOUCH......WHAT EVER DATE YOU GIVE ME IT WILL BE PUTIN STONE[OR IF YOUVE HUNTED CALIF.STOMPED RICE FIELDS>>ADOBE MUD].........
.....YOUR FRIEND .....DUCKSPY.............

#12 ·
juwehoyt said:
DUCKSPY said:

Sounds good just give me a date and I'll fill it in on the calendar...
I am a fellow ricer in nor cal. Duck spy. That would be cool to meet you and get a hunt in. I pay for a blind and I know you own some blinds so i figured we could make it happen.

#15 ·
BigBlondeBirdDog said:
WA State

jan 9th-13th want it

At least 2 DHC members, Columbia Basin Local along with myself and possibliy two more members
If It works out that you and I both get the weekends we're requesting, I'll send it to you with Tealer(if he is available). You'll get it quicker and can hunt it sooner that way. Plus that will give him an excuse to go over and hunt with you guys that weekend. :thumbsup:

#16 ·
QH's Paw said:
BigBlondeBirdDog said:
WA State

jan 9th-13th want it

If It works out that you and I both get the weekends we're requesting, I'll send it to you with Tealer(if he is available). You'll get it quicker and can hunt it sooner that way. Plus that will give him an excuse to go over and hunt with you guys that weekend. :thumbsup:
I have always wanted to share a blind with Tealer. Do you hunt with him?

#17 ·
I will throw my name in for Nov. 1, 2, and 3. First weekend in November I guess. I am in the Northern most part of Washington. Should be able to scrounge together a few forum guys to hunt over it.

The schedule should look as follows so far:

Oct. 5-6
Oct. 12-13
Oct. 19-20
Oct. 26-27
Nov. 2-3 jgoetz
Nov. 9-10 blindbound86
Nov. 16-17
Nov. 23-24
Nov. 30-31
Dec. 7-8
Dec. 14-15
Dec. 21-22
Dec. 28-29
Jan. 4-5 QH's Paw
Jan. 11-12 BigBlondeBirdDog
Jan. 18-19
Jan. 25-26 ScaupHunter

#20 ·
jgoetz said:
I will throw my name in for Nov. 1, 2, and 3. First weekend in November I guess. I am in the Northern most part of Washington. Should be able to scrounge together a few forum guys to hunt over it.

The schedule should look as follows so far:

Oct. 5-6
Oct. 12-13
Oct. 19-20
Oct. 26-27
Nov. 2-3 jgoetz
Nov. 9-10 blindbound86
Nov. 16-17
Nov. 23-24
Nov. 30-31
Dec. 7-8
Dec. 14-15
Dec. 21-22
Dec. 28-29 duckstoppa
Jan. 4-5 QH's Paw
Jan. 18-19
Jan. 25-26 ScaupHunter
Perfect Thanks I just got on to do this been pretty busy... Thank you Justin :bow:

#21 ·
I'll take the last week in November... 30&31

jgoetz said:
Oct. 5-6
Oct. 12-13
Oct. 19-20
Oct. 26-27
Nov. 2-3 jgoetz
Nov. 9-10 blindbound86
Nov. 16-17
Nov. 23-24
Nov. 30-31 juwehoyt
Dec. 7-8 DUCKSPY
Dec. 14-15
Dec. 21-22
Dec. 28-29 duckstoppa
Jan. 4-5 QH's Paw
Jan. 18-19
Jan. 25-26 ScaupHunter

#22 ·
DUCKSPY said:
HOWDY MR. JUWEHOYT......
ANY TIME WORKS FOR ME AS I HUNT EVERYDAY ,AFTER THANKSGIVING TO END OF SEASON....
DEC. IS THE BEST AS NEW BIRDS ARRIVE,AND THINK MY SPREAD IS A CLOSED ZONE....SO WERE DONE EARLY WITH SHOOTERS CHOICE,FOR A FEW WEEKS,THEN WE HAVE TO WORK A LITTLE HARDER AFTER THAT........WHAT EVER WORKS FOR THE REST OF THE GUYS,GIVE IT TO THEM ,THEY FILL ME IN WHENEVER.....ILL BE IN MONTANA HUNTING,FROM ABOUT OCT. 20 TO NOV.15TH
SO ILL BE OUT OF TOUCH......WHAT EVER DATE YOU GIVE ME IT WILL BE PUTIN STONE[OR IF YOUVE HUNTED CALIF.STOMPED RICE FIELDS>>ADOBE MUD].........
Your on for Dec 7-8

#23 ·
juwehoyt said:
DUCKSPY said:
HOWDY MR. JUWEHOYT......
Your on for Dec 7-8
Duckspy let's hook up for that or I will take it the next weekend.

#24 ·
AKPirate said:
QH's Paw said:
BigBlondeBirdDog said:
WA State

jan 9th-13th want it

Everyday and twice on Sundays brother

#25 ·
BigBlondeBirdDog said:
AKPirate said:
QH's Paw said:
BigBlondeBirdDog said:
WA State

jan 9th-13th want it

Everyday and twice on Sundays brother
I plan to spend a lot more time in Washington and look forward to meeting you guys on the wet and dry side.

#26 ·
juwehoyt said:
I'll take the last week in November... 30&31

jgoetz said:
Oct. 5-6
Oct. 12-13
Oct. 19-20
Oct. 26-27
Nov. 2-3 jgoetz
Nov. 9-10 blindbound86
Nov. 16-17
Nov. 23-24
Nov. 30-31 juwehoyt
Dec. 7-8 DUCKSPY
Dec. 14-15 Wanapasaki
Dec. 21-22
Dec. 28-29 duckstoppa
Jan. 4-5 QH's Paw
Jan. 18-19
Jan. 25-26 ScaupHunter
Duckspy I maybe in Marysville, I can pick up from you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.