Federal land projects

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, #1wingnut

Re: Federal land projects

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:49 pm

Bigpuddin43 wrote:But the odds of you being right is still 50/50. You are concerned with the odds of them picking the right number he has already picked so his odds of it being right is either right or wrong. 50/50. This is basically a half full half empty question. You look at his number as a 1/10 chance of being right. He looks at it as it is a winner or a loser.

But there are more than 1 losers! And only 1 winner!

So you are telling me that the odds are 50/50 for each participant? It is not possible. the drawing is one event. it happens once. It can be expressed as p=1 where p is a positive outcome. n= the number of participants. p/n= chance of each participant winning. It's really simple, p can not be greater that 1.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby assateague » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:46 pm

You just invented an equation to support your view. I could do the same, but it really wouldn't serve a purpose.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:47 pm

assateague wrote:You just invented an equation to support your view. I could do the same, but it really wouldn't serve a purpose.

Nope. that is from statistics class. I agree with Possum, you should become a bookie. :yes:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:18 pm

here ya go Assa...

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:19 pm

Even better:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Tinner4 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:58 pm

Broken Paddle wrote:WHOLLY CRAP, has this train derailed, off a high bridge even! :eek:

Tinner, you need to change the the thread name to, the great debate! :hi:

Haha I see that!
Tinner4
hunter

Postby assateague » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:10 pm

Swamp, it doesn't matter if you lose once, or lose 99 times. A loss is a loss. And when the number is drawn, you will either win or lose.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:23 pm

assateague wrote:Swamp, it doesn't matter if you lose once, or lose 99 times. A loss is a loss. And when the number is drawn, you will either win or lose.

1 person wins. there are 99 losers. 1/100...... your chance of winning is 0.01 or 1% you also have a .99 or 99% chance of being one of the losers.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby flightstopper » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:33 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
assateague wrote:Swamp, it doesn't matter if you lose once, or lose 99 times. A loss is a loss. And when the number is drawn, you will either win or lose.

1 person wins. there are 99 losers. 1/100...... your chance of winning is 0.01 or 1% you also have a .99% chance of being one of the losers.

But did you win or loose? All that matters when you either counting your winnings or crying about losing. 50/50.
Indaswamp wrote:
Bgold wrote:Finally just got to use mah .45 on a living thing...

you named your junk .45???? :huh:
flightstopper
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:37 pm

flightstopper wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

1 person wins. there are 99 losers. 1/100...... your chance of winning is 0.01 or 1% you also have a .99% chance of being one of the losers.

But did you win or loose? All that matters when you either counting your winnings or crying about losing. 50/50.

Odds do not lie....if it were 50/50. then 50 people would win and 50 people would loose....

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:30 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
flightstopper wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

Odds do not lie....if it were 50/50. then 50 people would win and 50 people would loose....

Everyone had the same exact odds. 50/50 win or loose. No other alternatives. 100 people had two outcomes each. No matter how you look at it, the odds for each person was 50/50.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt
jaysweet3 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:easy...just manipulate the ruler to make the inch shorter so that 28" reads 30"..... :thumbsup:

That's how I got a 13" pecker.
The Duck Hammer
hunter

Postby QH's Paw » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:43 pm

I just don't see what is so difficult to understand about it. Either you will or you won't. Either you did or you didn't.
Save a Salmonid, shoot a sawbill
QH's Paw
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:43 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
flightstopper wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

Everyone had the same exact odds. 50/50 win or loose. No other alternatives. 100 people had two outcomes each. No matter how you look at it, the odds for each person was 50/50.

smh.
p can not be greater than 1
In your example, p=.5 for each participant. .5 X 100 = 50, which is impossible.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:44 pm

QH's Paw wrote:I just don't see what is so difficult to understand about it. Either you will or you won't. Either you did or you didn't.

I don't see what's so hard to understand about the weighting of whether you do or don't.....it is only 50/50 when the odds are 50/50....

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:46 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
flightstopper wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

smh.

Your equation is irrelevant. If you hold 1 ticket, they will pull the matching ticket or they wont. 50/50. Its an inescapable truth. Embrace it.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt
jaysweet3 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:easy...just manipulate the ruler to make the inch shorter so that 28" reads 30"..... :thumbsup:

The Duck Hammer
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:50 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
flightstopper wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

smh.

Your equation is irrelevant. If you hold 1 ticket, they will pull the matching ticket or they wont. 50/50. Its an inescapable truth. Embrace it.

right and 99 other people will not be drawn. 1/100...
they either will or they won't true, but it's 1% they will or 99% they won't. you will either be the one that wins or one of the 99 that does not.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:57 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
flightstopper wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

smh.

right and 99 other people will not be drawn. 1/100...
they either will or they won't true, but it's 1% they will or 99% they won't. you will either be the one that wins or one of the 99 that does not.

The other people are irrelevant and have no bearing on your situation. 50/50 is the odds.
jaysweet3 wrote:

The Duck Hammer
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:02 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:The other people are irrelevant and have no bearing on your situation. 50/50 is the odds.

And that is where you are wrong.
there is no way you have the same odds if the drawing is between 2 people vs. 1 million! If you don't believe that-I'd love for you to be my bookie! :hi: I'd clean you out!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:04 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:The other people are irrelevant and have no bearing on your situation. 50/50 is the odds.

there is no way you have the same odds if the drawing is between 2 people vs. 1 million! If you don't believe that-I'd love for you to be my bookie! :hi: I'd clean you out!

Course it is. You win or you loose. Don't understand why that's so hard to grasp... :yes:
jaysweet3 wrote:

The Duck Hammer
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:06 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

Course it is. You win or you loose. Don't understand why that's so hard to grasp... :yes:

but you chances of winning are nowhere near the same, that is what you people fail to grasp!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:08 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

but you chances of winning are nowhere near the same, that is what you people fail to grasp!

Yes they are. 50/50. You win or you don't. I believe that is exactly the same odds. Never changes boss.
jaysweet3 wrote:

The Duck Hammer
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:10 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

Yes they are. 50/50. You win or you don't. I believe that is exactly the same odds. Never changes boss.

Let me know when you start as a bookie, I'll be your first client.....

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:11 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

50/50 I become a bookie and 50/50 your my first client.....
jaysweet3 wrote:

The Duck Hammer
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:14 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

SMH...I give up....agree to disagree. It's pointless for me to continue explaining it. You'd fail statistics.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:21 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

SMH...I give up....agree to disagree. It's pointless for me to continue explaining it. You'd fail statistics.

50/50

Sent from my Vox Mortem
jaysweet3 wrote:

The Duck Hammer
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole