TEAL!!!!!

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

Re: TEAL!!!!!

Postby bighop » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:55 pm

Rick Hall wrote:
bighop wrote:You're not adding much to my motivation, Rick.....

This will be the weekend. Unless it isn't.

Well it sure wasn't this morning.

Season totals:
4 hunts
2 birds
6 rainbows (2 doubles!)
1 yellowjacket

At least dove opens tomorrow...
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
bighop
Sugar Daddy

Postby Tinner4 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:09 pm

wanapasaki wrote:
Tinner4 wrote:We got there got all set up, was just about shooting time and of course someone comes crashing in. Teal are starting to fly in groups around the marsh and this guy was just crashing around, he finally get set up. Then just after that guy 2 more come crashing into the marsh, straight toward us. Just a minute or so until shooting time they head off in another direction as birds are flying all over. A good group of about 30 would have landed if they hadn't been tooling around. Shooting time we have groups come in and out, and we are the only ones to shoot. :biggrin: We ended up getting 2 of our 3 limits; one guy left empty handed and the other 2 stayed after we left. It just irritates the chit out of me when guys get there that late.

Nice firearm of choice. I like your style :thumbsup:

We like them!

Headed out this morning.. thunderstorms lightning everywhere, didn't even get outta the truck and my dog thinks we are crazy now. Maybe tomorrow ..
Tinner4
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:14 pm

Rick Hall wrote:

:lol3: Reminds me of a Si Robertson quote....

"Well....They are either Here.............or they're not." :lol3:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Rick Hall » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:11 pm

bighop wrote:
Rick Hall wrote:

Well it sure wasn't this morning.

Season totals:
4 hunts
2 birds
6 rainbows (2 doubles!)
1 yellowjacket

At least dove opens tomorrow...

We more than doubled our morning haul...from two to five. At that rate, we'll be back on track in no time.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby LTMFH » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:57 am

If you Waterfowl hunt for very long you will have a hunt in the rain. Raining here this morning. I dont mind hunting in the rain. Getting all the gear dry again after the hunt is a pain. Do you hunt in the Rain or turn off the alarm and stay home?

LTMFH
hunter

Postby t_baker » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:03 am

LTMFH wrote:If you Waterfowl hunt for very long you will have a hunt in the rain. Raining here this morning. I dont mind hunting in the rain. Getting all the gear dry again after the hunt is a pain. Do you hunt in the Rain or turn off the alarm and stay home?

Your smokin em! I am going out in the morning, calling for rain, looks like I am getting wet.
t_baker
hunter

Postby Tinner4 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:26 am

Hubby and I about decided to sleep in and finish the last minute wedding stuff but the oldest talked us into going. Good thing! Shot 22 birds (4 guys), Sammer was retrieving doubles and I ended up with a BWT band!! :biggrin: Perfect morning in the marsh, had groups of 50+ banking in front of us just before shooting time, oh how I've missed that!

Tinner4
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:28 am

Nobody likes a show off Tinner@

Nice job on the Teal. :thumbsup:

Good luck baker. Send some this way for tomorrow
Last edited by OHIODUCKA5 on Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby Tinner4 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:31 am

Thanks! :) I was on fire today too, best shooting I've done in a while!
Tinner4
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:00 am

LTMFH wrote:If you Waterfowl hunt for very long you will have a hunt in the rain. Raining here this morning. I dont mind hunting in the rain. Getting all the gear dry again after the hunt is a pain. Do you hunt in the Rain or turn off the alarm and stay home?

LTMFH putting them down! Good work man. We will be hunting in the rain this weekend.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:02 am

Tinner4 wrote:Hubby and I about decided to sleep in and finish the last minute wedding stuff but the oldest talked us into going. Good thing! Shot 22 birds (4 guys), Sammer was retrieving doubles and I ended up with a BWT band!! :biggrin: Perfect morning in the marsh, had groups of 50+ banking in front of us just before shooting time, oh how I've missed that!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Awesome! Congrats on the band! Looks like the birds are on the move with this front...that is good news! :clapping: :clapping:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:07 am

Headed to SWLA in about 2 hours for a hunt this weekend, hopefully that front pushes some new birds down.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Jarren » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:05 am

You and me both swamp. Killed one this morning ,worst teal hunt I've had to date.
Jarren
hunter

Postby t_baker » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:06 am

Tinner4 wrote:Thanks! :) I was on fire today too, best shooting I've done in a while!

Tinner...Your always smokin, who you kidding.
t_baker
hunter

Postby Rick Hall » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:51 am

When it rains here, we drop what we're doing and go duck hunting. Particularly for teal.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby jmpflasterer » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:36 pm

It's not a problem hunting in the rain. It was a all out lightning storm that morning. If you are telling me that your gonna stand in the middle of a marsh with that going on you are special. If we weren't seasoned vets we wouldn'd be able to go out on public ground and kill as many birds as we do with sky busters all around us. I invite you to come to the same marsh as us and try to out hunt us let alone out call us. You keep ur 6 birds we'll keep killing 4 man limits.
jmpflasterer
hunter

Postby Rick Hall » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:52 pm

We're unworthy of your presence.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby teddysberna » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:57 pm

Rick Hall wrote:We're unworthy of your presence.

He's clearly a better, more seasoned hunter than you, Rick... Leave the man be before he makes the rest of us look like amatuers as well...

@
ByersFarm wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:Sugar is a top secret place.

Sugar is a mythical place, with unicorns and sugar plum ferries. It's a majestic place. I mean moth8rf^@king majestic. Like a bald eagle getting a hand job from the statue of liberty herself.
teddysberna
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:58 pm

OOOHHH he burned you Rick.

@
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby possumfoot » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:03 pm

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Postby 18javelin » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:10 pm

Tinners husband^ ?
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
18javelin
hunter

Postby Tinner4 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:28 pm

No not hubby I think he was just saying rain is fine to hunt in but not thunderstorms with lightning hitting the ground everywhere obviously because sitting in water in that isn't a very smart thing to do and all of us can agree on that. I dont mind hunting in rain at all. I love rain! :smile:
Tinner4
hunter

Postby jehler » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:31 pm

jmpflasterer wrote:It's not a problem hunting in the rain. It was a all out lightning storm that morning. If you are telling me that your gonna stand in the middle of a marsh with that going on you are special. If we weren't seasoned vets we wouldn'd be able to go out on public ground and kill as many birds as we do with sky busters all around us. I invite you to come to the same marsh as us and try to out hunt us let alone out call us. You keep ur 6 birds we'll keep killing 4 man limits.

i'm your huckleberry
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy

Postby Eastin08 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:19 pm

Going to try my luck tomorrow with a buddy around Indian bayou. Was going to go to blind in grand chenier but I'll see what happens. Haven't been out yet this season. Hopefully this weather brings some birds down because from what I've been reading they aren't here yet!
Eastin08
hunter

Postby possumfoot » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:50 am

jehler wrote:
jmpflasterer wrote:It's not a problem hunting in the rain. It was a all out lightning storm that morning. If you are telling me that your gonna stand in the middle of a marsh with that going on you are special. If we weren't seasoned vets we wouldn'd be able to go out on public ground and kill as many birds as we do with sky busters all around us. I invite you to come to the same marsh as us and try to out hunt us let alone out call us. You keep ur 6 birds we'll keep killing 4 man limits.

i'm your huckleberry

i'm in.. you must be out of you mind if ya think a lil lightning is gonna run me off... best teal shoot of my life was in a thunder storm.. and if we get one during our regular season, its usually pretty good too..

ya really should not knock a man just cause he hunts alone.. cause there are folks out there that can just as easily say "you can keep your dinky 4 man limit and i'll stick with a 12 man limit." :lol3:
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole