ios 7 for iPhone

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

Re: ios 7 for iPhone

Postby whistlin_wings » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:31 am

jehler wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:
assateague wrote:I'm pissed. Mine automatically updated last night (allegedly). I still think the wife did it, but she won't fess up, because she sees how mad I am. The background and font style is extremely hard for my old eyes to read. Overall, I'm pissed.

Here you go old man river. Go to settings>general>text size and increase the font for those weary eyes
IMG_2055.png

Better send him a voice message, he won't be able to read this

I would send him a message by carrier deer but we know he would never shoot it to read it. Just sit in his blind cursing the sky and neighbors
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby assateague » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:21 am

It's not the font size, dammit, it's the bright ass screen behind it all. It's horrible. And I still want to know how I ended up with this damn update.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:27 am

assateague wrote:It's not the font size, dammit, it's the bright ass screen behind it all. It's horrible. And I still want to know how I ended up with this damn update.

I blame the Robertsons. Or Titz
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby Sir Big Spur » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:27 am

assateague wrote:It's not the font size, dammit, it's the bright ass screen behind it all. It's horrible. And I still want to know how I ended up with this damn update.

First of all you need to tone it down, pal. Second, you need to tone the brightness down in your settings, pal.
Mayonnaise colored Benz, I push Miracle Whips.
Sir Big Spur
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:33 am

AT. You can turn the brightness down. Probably saves batteries.
Mine was factory set at around 45%. I put it on auto...try that.

Settings/display/brightness
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:23 am

ios 7 right now has way too many faulties that even script kiddy hackers can find. The latest was how to bypass the lockscreen. They are still extremely vulnerable to brute force attacks in order to steal passwords to where your files can be stolen remotely and even your fingerprint can be extracted from the device if you have had that set up.
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby trowlan1 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:28 am

I updated mine and lost all but about 45 of the 700+ pictures I had stored on the phone......wish there had been a warning message that it could happen. I've tried everything to get them back.....no success. So BACKUP YOUR PICTURES!! AND CONTACTS/CALENDARS IF YOU'RE NOT IN THE CLOUD!!!
trowlan1
hunter

Postby assateague » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:21 pm

I still want to know how mine updated. Wife still pleads ignorance. Is there an auto-update function, which would prevent me from having to divorce her?

And Betty, it is on auto-bright. It's not the brightness. It's the new-age bullshit appearance, sort of like a bad sci-fi movie from 1998, where everything is washed out just a bit on the spaceship. It looks stupid there, and it looks stupid on my phone. crap gives me a headache. And the sounds are retarded.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague

Postby MarkM » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:30 pm

Mine downloaded the update automatically but didn't install. I did that myself.
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Postby assateague » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:34 pm

Mine was finished and installed when I woke up. Had to complete the setup before the damn phone would even work. That was a fine wake up present.
WOLVERINES

assateague

Postby whistlin_wings » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:39 pm

assateague wrote:Mine was finished and installed when I woke up. Had to complete the setup before the damn phone would even work. That was a fine wake up present.

It's a lose lose for you. Accuse her of going through your phone and she'll go on the offensive and ask why don't you want me to go through your phone what do you have to hide. Put a password on it to prevent such updates from happening again by her and then you're accused of having something to hide. Just accept the update and that your wife went through your phone while you were asleep.
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby MarkM » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:52 pm

just get one of these. No need to update.

possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:35 pm

I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:12 am

assateague wrote:I still want to know how mine updated. Wife still pleads ignorance. Is there an auto-update function, which would prevent me from having to divorce her?

Here's a likely theory.

The NSA, in order to better keep tabs on the domestic terrorist watch list, hacked your phone and installed the update-which isn't really an update, but is a virus which transmits all your communications directly to the UAV drone that follows you waiting for the opportune moment to take you out.
assateague wrote:Wives are all against super cool, awesome ideas. If Columbus had been married, we'd all still be European.

WisconsinWaterfowler wrote: You just have to use the back of your throat and hum. That's how I would describe it anyways.
DeadEye_Dan
hunter

Postby GOTDUCKS? » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:17 am

DeadEye_Dan wrote:
assateague wrote:I still want to know how mine updated. Wife still pleads ignorance. Is there an auto-update function, which would prevent me from having to divorce her?

Here's a likely theory.

The NSA, in order to better keep tabs on the domestic terrorist watch list, hacked your phone and installed the update-which isn't really an update, but is a virus which transmits all your communications directly to the UAV drone that follows you waiting for the opportune moment to take you out.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
GOTDUCKS?
hunter

Postby troutman561 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:38 am

Botiz630 wrote:
assateague wrote:I think I'm still running 4.0.1 or something. I refuse to update.

I still have the iPhone 4 because Verizon has told me that if I want to keep my unlimited data plan I have to buy new phones at full retail value. I've held strong for a year past the expiration of my contract now, but I want a 5 pretty bad.

That sucks. I have been grandfathered in with my unlimited data with new phones on AT&T.
troutman561
hunter

Postby La. Hunter » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:23 am

troutman561 wrote:
Botiz630 wrote:
assateague wrote:I think I'm still running 4.0.1 or something. I refuse to update.

I still have the iPhone 4 because Verizon has told me that if I want to keep my unlimited data plan I have to buy new phones at full retail value. I've held strong for a year past the expiration of my contract now, but I want a 5 pretty bad.

That sucks. I have been grandfathered in with my unlimited data with new phones on AT&T.

Same here for my wife and I. My kids phones were bought later so I do have to pay the 2 and 3 meg data plans for them.
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby aunt betty » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:01 am

MarkM wrote:just get one of these. No need to update.

I have one of those old bag phones that would work anywhere.
Thought about taking it to Verizon and asking them...
How much would it cost me to ask you how much it costs to actually use it?
Is there a fee for asking how much you charge for telling me how much service costs?
Yeah. I betcha there is.
Verizon is NOT your friend.
aunt betty

Postby assateague » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:20 am

My Rhapsody doesn't work, Weather Channel doesn't work, and this update still pisses me off. A lot.
WOLVERINES

assateague

Postby aunt betty » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:26 am

assateague wrote:My Rhapsody doesn't work, Weather Channel doesn't work, and this update still pisses me off. A lot.

You still get notified instantly when your bill is due, right?
That is all your cell provider cares about. It'll be fine as long as you keep paying for bs service.
They have a contract, contract...contract.
aunt betty

Postby bighop » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:10 pm

So mine updated without me doing anything. I had downloaded it on the computer, but it updated during my post-hunt nap without asking.

Strange I still have the old tapatalk.

Maybe I beat them.
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
bighop
Sugar Daddy

Postby assateague » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:44 am

I have the old tapatalk, too. That's my only solace, really. I hate the upgrade.
WOLVERINES

assateague

Postby whistlin_wings » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:28 am

assateague wrote:My Rhapsody doesn't work, Weather Channel doesn't work, and this update still pisses me off. A lot.

Still have napster on your phone?
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby bighop » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:49 pm

Damnit. Now tapatalk updated itself...
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
bighop
Sugar Daddy

Postby Botiz630 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:02 pm

bighop wrote:Damnit. Now tapatalk updated itself...

Your life is over. It's the worst.
A year from now, you'll wish you had started today.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole