Shoulder problems

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter, #1wingnut, lostpup

Shoulder problems

Postby macdaddy » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:34 pm

I have heard from some " medical geniuses" that one can suffer shoulder problems from recoil.
Symptoms?

I have been getting pains in my upper right arm lately. Is this it? Are my shooting days ending? Woe is me!!! Oh dear!! :crying: :crying: :crying:
I'm the guy your Mother Goose warned you about.
macdaddy
hunter

Re: Shoulder problems

Postby winchester1852 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:04 pm

yup their done.
if you can read this your almost as smart as a dolphin.
winchester1852
hunter

Postby sampsonhuntin » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:17 pm

Underradar wrote:If you are gonna be a duckhunting badass, you need that barrel sticker that reads:

Prison Is My Futre

copterdoc wrote:trim, for grinding.
sampsonhuntin
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:56 am

Any type of abuse to your body will perk a physicians ears up.
How much did you pay the guy to tell you to quit shooting?
Did he say that his mommy wont let him play with guns?
Orthopedic surgeon said EXACTLY THAT when I banged my center finger with trigger guard.
Gave me a horrible cortizone shot in the palm of my hand.

THE CURE WAS WORSE THAN THE DISEASE.

Paying for it...sucked.
Getting laughed at by four orthopedic surgeons...priceless.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Postby macdaddy » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:36 am

aunt betty wrote:Any type of abuse to your body will perk a physicians ears up.
How much did you pay the guy to tell you to quit shooting?
Did he say that his mommy wont let him play with guns?
Orthopedic surgeon said EXACTLY THAT when I banged my center finger with trigger guard.
Gave me a horrible cortizone shot in the palm of my hand.

THE CURE WAS WORSE THAN THE DISEASE.

Paying for it...sucked.
Getting laughed at by four orthopedic surgeons...priceless.

Right on, man.

Lotsa "thank heavens" in this one:
Insurance will pay. I will fork over $25 or so.
No cortizone shot.
Aspercreme took it away. What wonderful stuff.

I'm going to blame old age & heavy lifting. I know $25 is a box of shells. Lesson learned as I see it.
macdaddy
hunter

Postby Locked&Loaded » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:40 am

macdaddy wrote:I have heard from some " medical geniuses" that one can suffer shoulder problems from recoil.
Symptoms?

I have been getting pains in my upper right arm lately. Is this it? Are my shooting days ending? Woe is me!!! Oh dear!! :crying: :crying: :crying:

Your symptoms are more consistent with a repetitive motion injury, probably excessive masturbation.

I completed a medical fellowship in firearm recoil associated shoulder injuries. My recommendation is to sell all hunting-related gear at largely discounted prices to fund the necessary healthcare you are certain to need. Do you have any 20g or 28g over/unders??
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby macdaddy » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:04 pm

Locked&Loaded wrote:
macdaddy wrote:I have heard from some " medical geniuses" that one can suffer shoulder problems from recoil.
Symptoms?

Your symptoms are more consistent with a repetitive motion injury, probably excessive masturbation.

I completed a medical fellowship in firearm recoil associated shoulder injuries. My recommendation is to sell all hunting-related gear at largely discounted prices to fund the necessary healthcare you are certain to need. Do you have any 20g or 28g over/unders??

Locked&Loaded
Good God man - you let out my real secret. D@mned Mylee Cyrus. :lol:
Just cheap plastic dekes (six cork from Bean) a BPS 10 ga & 12ga A5. No 20 or 28. :crying:
macdaddy
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:31 pm

macdaddy, for relief of those shoulder problems and even knee pain, eat 1/2 teaspoon of celery seed everyday, a buddy of my told me about this and I thought he was full of BS. I did some reading on the net and celery helps relieve inflammation. I tried it and it did help, took about 2 weeks to notice anything.
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
State Moderator

Postby macdaddy » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:16 pm

cluckmeister wrote:macdaddy, for relief of those shoulder problems and even knee pain, eat 1/2 teaspoon of celery seed everyday, a buddy of my told me about this and I thought he was full of BS. I did some reading on the net and celery helps relieve inflammation. I tried it and it did help, took about 2 weeks to notice anything.

Thanks cluckmeister.

1/2 tsp in a gel cap. Great - I can add it to the vitamins & herbs I take. Homeopathics do work. And if eating the veggie helps too, I'm in. Love the stuff - even plain. Right out of the frige.
macdaddy
hunter

Postby grizz18 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:02 am

I heard vagisil will work wonders.
grizz18
Squatch Life

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:16 am

grizz18 wrote:I heard vagisil will work wonders.

Also, as Sampson points out, licking my butthole.
teddysberna wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:Did you get his autograph?

I thought about getting him to sign my cleavage, but decided against it at the last moment.
Westtennduckhunter
hunter

Postby grizz18 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:18 am

Westtennduckhunter wrote:

Ahh, even better medical advice!
grizz18
Squatch Life

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:51 am

grizz18 wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:

Ahh, even better medical advice!

Trust me, I'm a doctor.
teddysberna wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:Did you get his autograph?

I thought about getting him to sign my cleavage, but decided against it at the last moment.
Westtennduckhunter
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:14 am

macdaddy wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
Symptoms?

Locked&Loaded
Just cheap plastic dekes (six cork from Bean) a BPS 10 ga & 12ga A5. No 20 or 28. :crying:

I'd be willing to take that evil A5 off your hands. Unless it's a Jap gun then you can keep it :hi:
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby macdaddy » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:40 pm

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
macdaddy wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
Symptoms?

Locked&Loaded

I'd be willing to take that evil A5 off your hands. Unless it's a Jap gun then you can keep it :hi:

Brand spankin' new, OHIO. BPS is Jap.
macdaddy
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:11 am

macdaddy wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
macdaddy wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
Symptoms?

Locked&Loaded

Brand spankin' new, OHIO. BPS is Jap.

Very nice that gun is on my Christmas list. You can send it to me for safe keeping untill your shoulder heals :biggrin:
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole