Including Lost Game In Limit

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut, lostpup, Preacher1011

Re: Including Lost Game In Limit

Postby possumfoot » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:11 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:BTW, the goal in my opinion should be to maximize harvest. Not maximize populations.

If you think the goal should be to maximize the population, limit your harvest to zero :thumbsup:

Unless there is an overpopulation to the point of disease or some other rare circumstances, minimizing harvest maximizes the population.

for the very short term, this CAN be true, but long term, minimized/no harvest would greatly reduce the population..

by short term, i mean one january count (hunted) to the next not hunted.. but the population will not be even close to +7mil.
Last edited by possumfoot on Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:12 pm

I do not understand why there is a limit on snow geese if they are trying to reduce the population.....
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Bill Herian » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:14 pm

Indaswamp wrote:I do not understand why there is a limit on snow geese if they are trying to reduce the population.....

If reducing the population was really that important, we wouldn't be using shotguns in the first place.
Bill Herian
hunter

Postby possumfoot » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:15 pm

Indaswamp wrote:I do not understand why there is a limit on snow geese if they are trying to reduce the population.....

thats getting ready to go.. i know some changes were made this year..

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Postby possumfoot » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:18 pm

Bill Herian wrote:

If reducing the population was really that important, we wouldn't be using shotguns in the first place.

from what i understand, population # are peaked.. lowing the numbers is going to be next to impossible.. and at this point, there is no need.. also no need for a limit as the birds have shown the capability to handle the pressure.. i think the limit is to avoid waste more than anyting..

possumfoot
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:23 pm

Bill Herian wrote:
aunt betty wrote:Speaking of the 50/50.

If a rooster gets onto a gable roof to lay an egg...according to AT and his magical 50/50 that applies to EVERYTHING and it somehow predicts there is a 50/50 chance that the egg will roll down one side except for one thing.
Roosters cant lay eggs.

Epic 50/50 failure. He'll say there is a 50/50 chance the rooster will lay an egg because either it will or it wont.
It wont...100%

You don't even have a basic grasp of 50/50

There is a 50/50 chance the rooster will lay an egg. Either it will, or it won't. There are two possible outcomes. Just because one never happens, doesn't negate the fact that one or the other will happen.

Which way the egg rolls is a separate event, with its own probability.

yes, either it will or it won't. two outcomes. But they most certainly are NOT weighted the same.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Bill Herian » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:26 pm

Indaswamp wrote:yes, either it will or it won't. two outcomes. But they most certainly are NOT weighted the same.

Tell that to the rooster that layed the egg.
Bill Herian
hunter

Postby Bill Herian » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:28 pm

possumfoot wrote:
Bill Herian wrote:

from what i understand, population # are peaked.. lowing the numbers is going to be next to impossible.. and at this point, there is no need.. also no need for a limit as the birds have shown the capability to handle the pressure.. i think the limit is to avoid waste more than anyting..

Give me a thousand pounds of C4 and a one way ticket to Nunavut.

And I agree, the limit is just there to keep things manageable. Probably benefits the outfitters more than anything by putting a ceiling on the guys who really wail on em.
Bill Herian
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:29 pm

Bill Herian wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:yes, either it will or it won't. two outcomes. But they most certainly are NOT weighted the same.

Tell that to the rooster that layed the egg.

show me one instance wherein reality a rooster layed an egg....

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby possumfoot » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:32 pm

Bill Herian wrote:
possumfoot wrote:
Bill Herian wrote:

And I agree, the limit is just there to keep things manageable. Probably benefits the outfitters more than anything by putting a ceiling on the guys who really wail on em.

i doubt you would take out many more than one bear does over the season..

it would take the airforce and a carpet bombing campain to knock em down noticable, and they would just be back the next year.

possumfoot
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:35 pm

possumfoot wrote:
Bill Herian wrote:
possumfoot wrote:
Bill Herian wrote:

it would take the airforce and a carpet bombing campain to knock em down noticable, and they would just be back the next year.

It would only take 1 coonass....just turn him loose.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby bighop » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:18 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
possumfoot wrote:
Bill Herian wrote:
possumfoot wrote:
Bill Herian wrote:

And the only thing left as waste would be their toenails!
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
bighop
Sugar Daddy

Postby Cujo1 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:37 pm

bighop wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
possumfoot wrote:
Bill Herian wrote:
possumfoot wrote:
Bill Herian wrote:

Nope, the toenails are nailed to tupelo sticks for backscratchers
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby QH's Paw » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:13 pm

Cujo1 wrote:
bighop wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
possumfoot wrote:
Bill Herian wrote:
possumfoot wrote:
Bill Herian wrote:

That's funny, I was gonna say something similar. :yes:
Save a Salmonid, shoot a sawbill
QH's Paw
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:16 pm

QH's Paw wrote:
Cujo1 wrote:
bighop wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
possumfoot wrote:
Bill Herian wrote:
possumfoot wrote:
Bill Herian wrote:

Nothing left but da HONK! :yes: :lol3:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby QH's Paw » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:21 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
QH's Paw wrote:
Cujo1 wrote:
bighop wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
possumfoot wrote:
Bill Herian wrote:
possumfoot wrote:

Nothing left but da HONK! :yes: :lol3:
Haven't you heard of honk stew, well you will. :yes:
Save a Salmonid, shoot a sawbill
QH's Paw
hunter

Previous

Return to The Honey Hole