Including Lost Game In Limit

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

Re: Including Lost Game In Limit

Postby B.E.Nelli » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:57 am

Mt question is, are you strictly talking birds you see hit the ground and can't find, or are you counting birds that you know you hit or saw feathers fly, but they still fly off. Are you counting those birds thinking they will or might die? No way I count that bird.
B.E.Nelli
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:14 am

whenever I go duck hunting and I cant find game, and come home empty, I include at least 6 of those ducks I didn't find in my bag limit!!!

the tool
favorite quote: We constantly dont do things this way
toolmaker
hunter

Postby bighop » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:25 am

toolmaker wrote:whenever I go duck hunting and I cant find game, and come home empty, I include at least 6 of those ducks I didn't find in my bag limit!!!

the tool

At least 6? Sometimes 12?
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
bighop
Sugar Daddy

Postby Underradar » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:42 am

Dear Mauser: Please bring us back some pretty pictures of unicorns and rainbows.
My lab died, and no one on Duckhuntingchat even cared.

Google I'm feeling lucky: DU biologist stole my car

You may win a fight, but you can never win an argument.
Underradar
hunter

Postby possumfoot » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:43 am

mauserfan wrote:Here's where I was going with this when I opened the thread....This type of a conservative philosophy is simply a matter of ethics and conservation. It is not a legal or rights issue. It was interesting where the conversation went. There are a number of hunters that are in the wings and think like I do and I just wanted to bring it out to open it up. If we all hunted this way our hunting would be better. It still would not prevent the guy from setting up too close but would limit an amount of skybusting. Food for thought. Signing off now to go to the camp. Be safe.....mauser :wink:

lol.. really.. you have no idea what your talking about.. your going off of an opinion that is in no way supported by anything scientific.
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Postby Bill Herian » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:45 am

mauserfan wrote:Here's where I was going with this when I opened the thread....This type of a conservative philosophy is simply a matter of ethics and conservation. It is not a legal or rights issue. It was interesting where the conversation went. There are a number of hunters that are in the wings and think like I do and I just wanted to bring it out to open it up. If we all hunted this way our hunting would be better. It still would not prevent the guy from setting up too close but would limit an amount of skybusting. Food for thought. Signing off now to go to the camp. Be safe.....mauser :wink:

Shut up possum, duckfucious is speaking.
Bill Herian
hunter

Postby possumfoot » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:53 am

Bill Herian wrote:

Shut up possum, duckfucious is speaking.

i think duckfucious has a couple christmas lights out upstairs if ya know what i mean...

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Postby bighop » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:57 am

Damn, you get crap for shooting under the limit and you get crap for shooting over the limit....
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
bighop
Sugar Daddy

Postby Duckdon » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:02 am

I read a thread like this and it makes it easier to understand how Obama got elected ............twice. Don
Forgive me for being arrogant. I own 2 Drahthaar's.
Duckdon
hunter

Postby possumfoot » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:14 am

yankees and the west coast.. thats how..

no offence to the sane ones..

possumfoot
hunter

Postby Underradar » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:25 am

I take great offense at some dumb meddling Yankee boy scout even suggesting that I stop shooting shy of a limit.

Underradar
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:51 am

Duckdon wrote:I read a thread like this and it makes it easier to understand how Obama got elected ............twice. Don

I will second that motion! :beer:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:55 am

bighop wrote:
toolmaker wrote:whenever I go duck hunting and I cant find game, and come home empty, I include at least 6 of those ducks I didn't find in my bag limit!!!

the tool

At least 6? Sometimes 12?

well I can shoot 7 seaDUCKS and 6 goldeneyes if I want..... that's 13

the tool
toolmaker
hunter

Postby DroppnDrakes » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:59 am

I doubt there would be many lost if we could use 22 long rifles
DroppnDrakes
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:02 am

DroppnDrakes wrote:I doubt there would be many lost if we could use 22 long rifles

a few folk may lose an eye though!!!!!!!!

the tool
toolmaker
hunter

Postby possumfoot » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:03 am

Underradar wrote:I take great offense at some dumb meddling Yankee boy scout even suggesting that I stop shooting shy of a limit.

i said nothing about the insane, ignorant or just plain stupid ones..

possumfoot
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:48 am

Milo gulped down a teal once. The guys laughed it off and one very kind man spoke up and said that he must have been really hungry to gulp a whole duck down like the way he did. :lol3:
I felt better and thanks Kdude.

Now, who shot that duck sure as heck wasn't claiming it and did not count that duck in their bag cuz it was gone.
Gone gone. Burp.

So, who gets the ticket and what for? :wink:
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:04 am

aunt betty wrote:Milo gulped down a teal once. The guys laughed it off and one very kind man spoke up and said that he must have been really hungry to gulp a whole duck down like the way he did. :lol3:
I felt better and thanks Kdude.

Now, who shot that duck sure as heck wasn't claiming it and did not count that duck in their bag cuz it was gone.
Gone gone. Burp.

So, who gets the ticket and what for? :wink:

Would the person have to claim that duck the next morning?
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:06 am

...so your game strap looks like Monty Tao's girlfriend?
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Tinner4 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:21 am

Say an eagle or a coyote runs onto the ice this winter and steals a cripple before I get to it.... am I supposed to claim that bird in my limit?
Tinner4
hunter

Postby Underradar » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:30 am

Only if you do the right thing - shoot the eagle.

Underradar
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:39 pm

Tinner4 wrote:Say an eagle or a coyote runs onto the ice this winter and steals a cripple before I get to it.... am I supposed to claim that bird in my limit?
No.
Assateague needs to explain why. Something about wild game belonging to everyone or no-one...something like that.

Myself, I'd say "what duck?" if asked about it.

It's a very dificult skill to perfect but I LOVE to say no and nod my head yes...It REALLY messes with people's heads.

There is a country in Eastern Europe that when you shake your head no, it means yes and vice-versa if you nod yes.
I come from there. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:14 pm

If everybody chose to shoot 3 birds under the limit, our hunting would be better, I guess, by your definition of better, would it not?

If you don't want to shoot hens, don't shoot hens. If you want to count a bird that might have caught a pellet in his ass as part of your bag limit, yep, you are free to do that and if it makes you happy :beer:

For me, sometimes I shoot hens and sometimes I do not. First duck of the morning, normally it is going to die or I'm going to make my best effort. If I already have a duck or two and for me that is a good day, Susie is probably, emphasis on probably, safe.

Our blinds tend to be elevated and I've seen many a duck, in range, center of pattern, keep on flying as if it were not hit. So shouldn't we count every bird we shoot at, just to be the most ethical person on the planet. For all you know, that bird is dead, so count it your bag limit and I know my hunting will be better.

I have to remember to take my video camera, I want to get a nice big fat hen paddling around in my decoys and blast it just to get under my more ethical brethren's skin. Especially the ones that probably shoot 10 times as many ducks as I do in a year and proclaim the virtues of their great restraint for the good of the species :tongue:

BTW, I am never going to count a duck or a goose that I did not find. NEVER. Of course, only a couple times a year would it make a difference if I did :sad:
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby sprigs4days » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:40 pm

DroppnDrakes wrote:I doubt there would be many lost if we could use 22 long rifles

22's are only good for cripples

@
"Three can keep a secret, if two are dead"
sprigs4days
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:20 pm

I make up for it with all the cripples I did not shoot that the dog finds....@
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole