Tannerite

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

Tannerite

Postby aunt betty » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:35 pm

Will a .357 Magnum pistol make it go off?
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Re: Tannerite

Postby wanapasaki » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:39 pm

It sure will :lol3:
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby TXducksanddeer » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:41 pm

Only one way to prove it. Test it.
TXducksanddeer
hunter

Postby GomerPyle » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:26 pm

Absolutely but if you're blowing up enough to make it worth while, you better be further away than typical pistol range.....oh, and add a small bucket of gasoline to any tannerite explosion....trust me
At the advice of my attorney, I issue the following disclaimer:

"This post may or may not be intended as humor and/or sarcasm and does not necessarily reflect the actual views of the poster."
GomerPyle
hunter

Postby PungoShoresOutdoors » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:28 pm

When I read the directions it said nothing less than 2000 fps, Shot it with a 9mm just to see and it didn't go off.
PungoShoresOutdoors
hunter

Postby GomerPyle » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:28 pm

Some buddies of mine blew up an old broken down piano with 5lbs of tannerite and 2 gallons of gas.....nothing left but splinters....I'll try to find the video. They set it off with a. 308 from 150yds....said any closer would've been TOO close

"This post may or may not be intended as humor and/or sarcasm and does not necessarily reflect the actual views of the poster."
GomerPyle
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:29 pm

GomerPyle wrote:Absolutely but if you're blowing up enough to make it worth while, you better be further away than typical pistol range.....oh, and add a small bucket of gasoline to any tannerite explosion....trust me

It dont seem like too good an idea. I can hit the target from 20 yards, maybe.
Was hoping Crazy Matt would talk some sense into me. (Giggle)
aunt betty
hunter

Postby GomerPyle » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:33 pm

aunt betty wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:Absolutely but if you're blowing up enough to make it worth while, you better be further away than typical pistol range.....oh, and add a small bucket of gasoline to any tannerite explosion....trust me

It dont seem like too good an idea. I can hit the target from 20 yards, maybe.
Was hoping Crazy Matt would talk some sense into me. (Giggle)

They also blew up a toilet and an old solid wood dresser...it was awesome to see....there's a video on YouTube somewhere of people blowing up a small camper with like 100lbs or something ridiculous.....awesome

GomerPyle
hunter

Postby steve-o » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:39 pm

Just buy the stuff made to go off when hit with a .22
ByersFarm wrote:Remember that God will not test us beyond what we can handle.

Botiz630 wrote:I'm as tame as a show pony.
steve-o
Forum & State Moderator

Postby t_baker » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:01 pm

We blew up a hickory log. 48 inches in diameter. Cut a hole about ten inches in it and packed 8 lbs in it. Shot it at 200 yds with 25-06. I was certain we were about to die when the log chunked in a dozen pieces and began to fly. I know one piece was at minimum 50 feet in the air.
t_baker
hunter

Postby Cujo1 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:11 pm

Tannerite + propane tank + .243 = Boom heard from 12 miles ..... allegedly

Be sure to try these stunts from a very safe distance! If a person was to try something like these stories.
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:29 pm

Cujo1 wrote:Tannerite + propane tank + .243 = Boom heard from 12 miles ..... allegedly

Be sure to try these stunts from a very safe distance! If a person was to try something like these stories.
Two years ago on New Years eve at midnight,,,I think someone did one of them LARGE propane tanks in the Waldenburg vicinity...The ground shook but we couldn't tell where from or how far away. It was LOUD!

In 1999 there was an explosion at a propane storage facility north of Mahomet, Illinois. I heard the blast 20 miles away at Clinton Lake. I was in Houseboat cove hunting ducks. Was a very large boom.
aunt betty
hunter

Postby Cujo1 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:34 pm

aunt betty wrote:
Cujo1 wrote:Tannerite + propane tank + .243 = Boom heard from 12 miles ..... allegedly

Two years ago on New Years eve at midnight,,,I think someone did one of them LARGE propane tanks in the Waldenburg vicinity...The ground shook but we couldn't tell where from or how far away. It was LOUD!

In 1999 there was an explosion at a propane storage facility north of Mahomet, Illinois. I heard the blast 20 miles away at Clinton Lake. I was in Houseboat cove hunting ducks. Was a very large boom.

Before tannerite, acetylene bombs were popular. alledgedly
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby steve-o » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:39 pm

Her is what a sparkler bomb will do to a metal can with a rock sitting on top of it.
ByersFarm wrote:Remember that God will not test us beyond what we can handle.

Botiz630 wrote:I'm as tame as a show pony.
steve-o
Forum & State Moderator

Postby t_baker » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:41 pm

Cujo1 wrote:
aunt betty wrote:

Before tannerite, acetylene bombs were popular. alledgedly

Buddies dad had a 33 gallon one blow in his hand when we were in high school. He was outside the garage when it happened. Static electricity off his pants. It blew 12 sheets of osb off the ceiling of his garage. Straight to the ground. He was bruised on his entire left side from top to bottom and lost his hearing for 3 weeks. Swears when it came back it was just as good as ever. I about chit when it happened. I just knew he was dead.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
t_baker
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:58 pm

Crazy Matt is avoiding this thread.
I can't understand why. @
aunt betty
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:17 pm

aunt betty wrote:Will a .357 Magnum pistol make it go off?

Not if you miss.... :biggrin:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby aunt betty » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:39 pm

Indaswamp wrote:

Oh, I'll miss. The stuff scares me and I dont think shooting it at pistol range is a good idea.
aunt betty
hunter

Postby GomerPyle » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:58 pm

aunt betty wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

Oh, I'll miss. The stuff scares me and I dont think shooting it at pistol range is a good idea.

Absolutely not...seriously, don't even consider it...100yds for a small one and at least 200 for the big ones

GomerPyle
hunter

Postby Montanafowler » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:31 pm

no, it set off alarms at an earthquake monitoring center 12 miles away from the blast. the guy blew up a cement truck if i remember right.
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Postby aunt betty » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:25 am

Rural King farm store now sells firearms. They have a gun desk that's nice. Directly behind the gun desk on the back side of the wall is a shelf full of tannerite.

Suppose someone went in that store with a .223 round (one), asked to see a .223 rifle, loaded that round, and shot it thru the wall into that tannerite display. The entire store...

I wouldn't do this but it amazes me that it's set up like that. I took a package of tannerite up to the service desk and asked if they knew what this is and what it does???
They said, "no". :no: :no: :no: :no:
aunt betty
hunter

Postby t_baker » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:28 am

aunt betty wrote:Rural King farm store now sells firearms. They have a gun desk that's nice. Directly behind the gun desk on the back side of the wall is a shelf full of tannerite.

Suppose someone went in that store with a .223 round (one), asked to see a .223 rifle, loaded that round and shot it thru the wall into that tannerite display. The entire store...

I wouldn't do this but it amazes me that it's set up like that. I took a package of tannerite up to the service desk and asked if they knew what this is and what it does???

It wont go off in the store. It has to be mixed. Its a 2 part ammonium nitrate and aluminum powder.

Can be made from those ice packs that you pop and get cold instantly and aluminum foil ran through a blender.
t_baker
hunter

Postby GomerPyle » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:43 am

aunt betty wrote:Rural King farm store now sells firearms. They have a gun desk that's nice. Directly behind the gun desk on the back side of the wall is a shelf full of tannerite.

Suppose someone went in that store with a .223 round (one), asked to see a .223 rifle, loaded that round, and shot it thru the wall into that tannerite display. The entire store...

expect a knock on your door in a few minutes......

GomerPyle
hunter

Postby talltimber » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:16 am

Acetylene + garbage bag + static electricity = boom from 4 miles away + deaf + clothes blowed off and blackfaced, Warner Bros. style.
talltimber
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:49 am

The most fun I ever had playing with FIRE:
I was 13 years old in 1974 and went to visit my Auntie in Los Angeles. She had me install a quick connection for a gas grill complete with a valve. Her boy friend came up with the idea of adding a T and another valve to fill up dry cleaning bags with natural gas.

They had not yet invented the "safety cigarette" in 1974...
We would tape a book of matches to a piece of yarn and then wedge a lit cigarette into the matchbook. This was connected to cherry bombs, m80's etc., and to the bags full of gas.

We'd release one and sit back and drink, smoke, have fun watching it go up, and up...
Then after about 5 minutes the cigarette would burn down and Whoosh, bam bam bam...
It was very cool watching them go off over the ocean and watching the beach patrol searching for who did it. :yes:
aunt betty
hunter

Next

Return to The Honey Hole