Been training my cat

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

Been training my cat

Postby MarkM » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:01 am

possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Re: Been training my cat

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:07 am

Hows the Force Fetch coming along?
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby MarkM » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:09 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:Hows the Force Fetch coming along?

Having to use a chain mail glove to work him, but its going alright so far. Notice he grabbed the cayman right at the top of the head. He's got to work on that part still.
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:13 am

MarkM wrote:

Having to use a chain mail glove to work him, but its going alright so far. Notice he grabbed the cayman right at the top of the head. He's got to work on that part still.

I'd let that slide there will be a lot fewer cripples and no shredded meat from the pointy teeth.
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby MarkM » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:14 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
MarkM wrote:

I'd let that slide there will be a lot fewer cripples and no shredded meat from the pointy teeth.

Well I am gonna try to soften his mouth a bit with this:

Might not even take me a gun hunting though, if I can train him right.

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:17 am

MarkM wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
MarkM wrote:

I think you're on to something here. He'll probably help with keeping people from setting up too close as well.

-Gene Hill

OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby i_willie12 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:19 am

You dont need to FF big cats!!!!! Its breed into them to hold things and bring them back....

:biggrin: :biggrin:
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
i_willie12
hunter

Postby MarkM » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:19 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
MarkM wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
MarkM wrote:

I think you're on to something here. He'll probably help with keeping people from setting up too close as well.

That was my original intention. Have him sneak up behind someone that is within 500 yards of me and just growl. Make them have to go home and change their drawers.

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Postby i_willie12 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:20 am

That Jag needs to find something less dangerous to eat!!!!!!! :eek:
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

i_willie12
hunter

Postby MarkM » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:20 am

i_willie12 wrote:You dont need to FF big cats!!!!! Its breed into them to hold things and bring them back....

:biggrin: :biggrin:

But how is he gonna get his MH title then?

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:21 am

I would definitely poop my waders if that happened to me

-Gene Hill

OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby MarkM » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:25 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:I would definitely poop my waders if that happened to me

Good deal. My master plan will work then.

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:30 am

You could clear out a parking lot with him too. You and another truck get to the lot at the same time. His lab jumps out your Jag jumps out, boom guy gets in his truck and bugs out. You could have the whole marsh to yourself

-Gene Hill

OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby i_willie12 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:34 am

That Jag has to be showing off for a lady!! Oh he caught a little deer.... Here's my Croc!!!!
John Stephens RNT

i_willie12
hunter

Postby MarkM » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:35 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:You could clear out a parking lot with him too. You and another truck get to the lot at the same time. His lab jumps out your Jag jumps out, boom guy gets in his truck and bugs out. You could have the whole marsh to yourself

One problem. Mittens is terrified of dogs. A chihuahua chased him around the backyard the other day until he found a tree to climb. Not sure how to break him of this either.

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Postby MarkM » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:36 am

i_willie12 wrote:That Jag has to be showing off for a lady!! Oh he caught a little deer.... Here's my Croc!!!!

Oddly, when I go out and ask a lady if she wants to see my Jag, they run off.

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:36 am

MarkM wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:You could clear out a parking lot with him too. You and another truck get to the lot at the same time. His lab jumps out your Jag jumps out, boom guy gets in his truck and bugs out. You could have the whole marsh to yourself

One problem. Mittens is terrified of dogs. A chihuahua chased him around the backyard the other day until he found a tree to climb. Not sure how to break him of this either.

Poor mittens. Start slowly with a stuffed dog show her it won't hurt her

-Gene Hill

OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby MarkM » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:38 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
MarkM wrote:

Tried it. Peed everywhere except his sand box.

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:40 am

MarkM wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
MarkM wrote:

You may have to ask the experts in the Dog Forum then. I'm all out of ideas

-Gene Hill

OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby MarkM » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:43 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
MarkM wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
MarkM wrote:

That is why I am thinking I should FF him. Tell him to fetch a dog and he should cure himself of it over time. Start off with a chihuahua and move up to a St. Bernard.

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Postby bighop » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:47 am

MarkM wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
MarkM wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
MarkM wrote:

That is why I am thinking I should FF him. Tell him to fetch a dog and he should cure himself of it over time. Start off with a chihuahua and move up to a St. Bernard.

Maybe feed him a couple clipped shitzhu's and he'll get over it. I'd shave them first, though. Terrible mess, but it will be worth it in the end.
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
bighop
Sugar Daddy

Postby OGblackcloud » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:48 am

Yeah, My Jack Russell would shred that cat ! She hates cats and it doesn't matter how big they are. :smile:
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:48 am

MarkM wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
MarkM wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
MarkM wrote:

Solid plan buddy. You're gonna need a bigger boat though

-Gene Hill

OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:51 am

This video is good to show those people who say things like "I'd probably be able to survive in the jungle."

No you wouldn't.
It needs more cowbell.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby MarkM » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:55 am

Botiz630 wrote:This video is good to show those people who say things like "I'd probably be able to survive in the jungle."

No you wouldn't.

I would still let them try it

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Next

Return to The Honey Hole