New to Aberdeen and looking for hunting buddies.

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut, lostpup, Preacher1011

New to Aberdeen and looking for hunting buddies.

Postby PolynesianCowboy » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:55 am

I just recently decided to move to move to Aberdeen with my wife and mother in law. I love it here but meeting new people has been a drag. Looking for any younger college guys that enjoy hunting and hanging out. Now that hunting seasons are starting up it would be nice to hunt with some friends.
PolynesianCowboy
Newb

Re: New to Aberdeen and looking for hunting buddies.

Postby aunt betty » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:18 am

PolynesianCowboy wrote:I just recently decided to move to move to Aberdeen with my wife and mother in law. I love it here but meeting new people has been a drag. Looking for any younger college guys that enjoy hunting and hanging out. Now that hunting seasons are starting up it would be nice to hunt with some friends.

Aberdeen, Scotland?
Woot woot.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Postby Botiz630 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:20 am

I bet it's Aberdeen, North Carolina.
I need about tree fiddy.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby OGblackcloud » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:23 am

Where`s Waldo
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby sampsonhuntin » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:07 am

$@#% *&^#$. Please tell me you're not in NC...
Underradar wrote:If you are gonna be a duckhunting badass, you need that barrel sticker that reads:

Prison Is My Futre

copterdoc wrote:trim, for grinding.
sampsonhuntin
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:52 pm

I think its maryland. Pm assateague

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby oldfireguy » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:54 am

Join the local chapter of DU and Pheasants Forever. Spend some time at the shooting range. Be the first to offer to have someone go with you, rather than waiting for an invite. Good luck. You are going to be in a pretty fine hunting area.
Sorry to see the ealier responses. Class shows. So does the lack of it.
oldfireguy
hunter

Postby QH's Paw » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:26 am

oldfireguy wrote:Join the local chapter of DU and Pheasants Forever. Spend some time at the shooting range. Be the first to offer to have someone go with you, rather than waiting for an invite. Good luck. You are going to be in a pretty fine hunting area.

Yeh, right, because there's only one Aberdeen, right? I should say only one Aberdeen in each state.
Oldfireguy, you're new here too so, just so you know, the best place to ask a question that is regional or state specific is in one of the subforums for that area. For example, if it were Aberdeen South Dakota(South Dakota), you would get a better response there. If it were Aberdeen Washington(the state), you would be more likely to get a better response there(Washington forum).
This is the honey hole and, it is where everyone comes to goof off. Well, everyone except UR and WTN10. Those two are so straight laced they'd crack their face if they smiled let alone laughed. You can take anything those two guys say as serious info. You do gotta watch out for some of the jokesters that come across as serious, when in fact, they are always setting traps and taking part in general shenanigans. Don Taylor comes to mind.
Welcome to both of you and if you want serious answers just ask Jehler. :welcome:
Save a Salmonid, shoot a sawbill
QH's Paw
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:32 am

What Paw said :thumbsup:
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby oldfireguy » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:11 am

Okay. Like you said I am new to the site and did not realize the genre of The Honey Hole. I am guessing the young man did not as well.
My apologies.
I'll try to focus on the other ;forums, with an occasions visit to THH.
oldfireguy
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:00 am

As old fire guy stated, join the local chapter of du and pf, and volunteer. Sure the range helps but as a new guy in the area, no one will be expecting you to be hosting the Governor's hunt or that you are the pheasant commander.

My experience with SD people is they are really nice and welcoming. I would be shocked if the other pf and du volunteers did not make sure you were invited to some nice hunts. Show up early. Do the hard work and you will be connected with like minded people.

If that fails, play the mother in law card. Even the hardest of men will feel your pain. :crying:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:13 pm

oldfireguy wrote:Join the local chapter of DU and Pheasants Forever. Spend some time at the shooting range. Be the first to offer to have someone go with you, rather than waiting for an invite. Good luck. You are going to be in a pretty fine hunting area.

BINGO!
No class. @Class implies breeding and education of which some of us have niether yet we manage to kill ducks.@
Probably because we shoot at classless ducks.@
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Postby TrapperRob » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:49 pm

aunt betty wrote:

BINGO!
No class. @Class implies breeding and education of which some of us have niether yet we manage to kill ducks.@
Probably because we shoot at classless ducks.@

:lol: what he said... Betty knows best!
I went into the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
-Henry David Thoreau
TrapperRob
hunter

Postby IAdukhntr » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:54 pm

If you moved to Aberdeen SD send me a message. I know a couple of "younger" waterfowlers in that area..
IAdukhntr
hunter

Postby WTN10 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:16 pm

The OP is looking for young college guys. This guy is cruising for queers.
2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
WTN10
hunter

Postby AKWoody » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:39 pm

WTN10 wrote:The OP is looking for young college guys. This guy is cruising for queers.

I had the same thought... He is totally trolling for weiner. To be clear, its a duck hunting forum. Not a d*ck hunting forum!! :biggrin:
AKWoody
hunter

Postby MarkM » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:43 pm

AKWoody wrote:
WTN10 wrote:The OP is looking for young college guys. This guy is cruising for queers.

I had the same thought... He is totally trolling for weiner. To be clear, its a duck hunting forum. Not a d*ck hunting forum!! :biggrin:

:lol3::lol3::lol3:
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole