It's the little things.

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut, lostpup, Preacher1011

It's the little things.

Postby bubba57 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:02 pm

I just got off the phone with my oldest daughter. Were planning a family get together next weekend. Both daughters, son in laws, and grand kids are going to be here. As we were saying good byes she said, "Dad I talked to Kaci(youngest daughter) and we want to have game night like we did when we lived at home", because it was always so much fun. This really touched me , I haven't thought about game night in years. When our girls were at home we didn't (and still don't) allow video games in the house. Wife and I think there is better ways for a kid to spend their time. Instead we had game night on Sat. nights. We would grill hotdogs or hamburgers, make homemade ice cream or some other desert. After supper the whole family and any friends that may be spending the weekend with us would play board games like Monopoly or Wahoo or card games like Uno or Phase 10. These games would last until well past midnight. These game nights were some of the best times I had with my girls. We had game night every week until the girls married and moved out. I Just wanted to pass this on to the young fathers here on DHC. I know a father wants the very best for their kids, he wants them to have a great childhood. But you know? Sometimes it's the little things they remember most.
THE PRIDE OF HASKELL COUNTY OKLA.unknown in other parts of the world
"FLY YOU LEAD CARRIN BASTARD" ( My dad, 1919/1997)
bubba57
hunter

Re: It's the little things.

Postby OGblackcloud » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:21 pm

Nice post bubba :thumbsup: My daughter is all grown up also and to this day when she calls me Daddy it makes me melt.
OGblackcloud
hunter

Re: It's the little things.

Postby bubba57 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:33 pm

OGblackcloud wrote:Nice post bubba :thumbsup: My daughter is all grown up also and to this day when she calls me Daddy it makes me melt.

I'm with you on that brother. Something about girls and their daddy's.
THE PRIDE OF HASKELL COUNTY OKLA.unknown in other parts of the world
"FLY YOU LEAD CARRIN BASTARD" ( My dad, 1919/1997)
bubba57
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole