My Meat

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

My Meat

Postby youngoilguy » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:57 am

I got it out of the way before duck season. Wife was with me too. Pretty cool. 10 yards.

image.jpg
assateague wrote:I hunt to kill. It's why I take a gun instead of a camera. And it's a goose- lighten up.


best quote ever
User avatar
youngoilguy
hunter
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:18 pm
Location: Ohio (not in a flyway)


Re: My Meat

Postby Underradar » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:51 am

Let me be the first to say, would have been a good one next year.
My lab died, and no one on Duckhuntingchat even cared.

Google I'm feeling lucky: DU biologist stole my car

You may win a fight, but you can never win an argument.
User avatar
Underradar
hunter
 
Posts: 5166
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:09 pm
Location: Rut Coon, LA

Re: My Meat

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:01 am

I thought it was a law everywhere that crossbows were outlawed for big game. Maybe it's just my state. Sweet pic. Thanks for sharing.
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
User avatar
JuniorPre 360
hunter
 
Posts: 2882
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 12:40 pm
Location: Canal de Panama

Re: My Meat

Postby jaysweet3 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:01 am

Nice deer. Filling up the freezer
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
User avatar
jaysweet3
hunter
 
Posts: 8380
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:42 am
Location: N. Illinois

Re: My Meat

Postby Underradar » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:06 am

JuniorPre 360 wrote:I thought it was a law everywhere that crossbows were outlawed for big game. Maybe it's just my state. Sweet pic. Thanks for sharing.

Most states have an exception, like, if you are retarded or something.
My lab died, and no one on Duckhuntingchat even cared.

Google I'm feeling lucky: DU biologist stole my car

You may win a fight, but you can never win an argument.
User avatar
Underradar
hunter
 
Posts: 5166
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:09 pm
Location: Rut Coon, LA

Re: My Meat

Postby Boocephus » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:08 am

Fresh back straps. :thumbsup: That reminds me, Im about out of deer meat.
Boocephus
hunter
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:08 am
Location: N.IL.

Re: My Meat

Postby GomerPyle » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:10 am

Underradar wrote:Let me be the first to say, would have been a good one next year.


yep, would've been a real shooter
At the advice of my attorney, I issue the following disclaimer:

"This post may or may not be intended as humor and/or sarcasm and does not necessarily reflect the actual views of the poster."
User avatar
GomerPyle
hunter
 
Posts: 1490
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:18 pm
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL -- Memphis, TN

Re: My Meat

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:31 am

Underradar wrote:
JuniorPre 360 wrote:I thought it was a law everywhere that crossbows were outlawed for big game. Maybe it's just my state. Sweet pic. Thanks for sharing.

Most states have an exception, like, if you are under the circumstance of having some type of mental or physical disability or something.


FIFY
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
User avatar
JuniorPre 360
hunter
 
Posts: 2882
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 12:40 pm
Location: Canal de Panama

Re: My Meat

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:37 am

JuniorPre 360 wrote:I thought it was a law everywhere that crossbows were outlawed for big game. Maybe it's just my state. Sweet pic. Thanks for sharing.


better not be a law. I killed 2 with a crossbow last year
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
User avatar
OHIODUCKA5
hunter
 
Posts: 13118
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: My Meat

Postby troy_iv » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:45 am

JuniorPre 360 wrote:
Underradar wrote:
JuniorPre 360 wrote:I thought it was a law everywhere that crossbows were outlawed for big game. Maybe it's just my state. Sweet pic. Thanks for sharing.

Most states have an exception, like, if you are under the circumstance of having some type of mental or physical disability or something.


FIFY


I agree, Junior. Words like that should be reserved for certain situations, like:

"Altering people's words to make you feel better about an issue, which most of those affected by said issue couldn't care less about, is retarded..."
User avatar
troy_iv
hunter
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:52 pm
Location: CenTex

Re: My Meat

Postby whisperin' duck » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:08 am

Cross bows are cheating.
LadyK wrote:Ya know, day to day, government collapse, zombie apocalypse. A woman's job never changes. :lol3:
User avatar
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 7165
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 2:11 pm
Location: North East Arkansas

Re: My Meat

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:09 am

whisperin' duck wrote:Cross bows are cheating.


You ain't cheating you ain't trying :hammer:
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
User avatar
OHIODUCKA5
hunter
 
Posts: 13118
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: My Meat

Postby rank duck » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:14 am

Underradar wrote:
JuniorPre 360 wrote:I thought it was a law everywhere that crossbows were outlawed for big game. Maybe it's just my state. Sweet pic. Thanks for sharing.

Most states have an exception, like, if you are retarded or something.


I can see that.
- THIS SPACE FOR RENT -
User avatar
rank duck
hunter
 
Posts: 2355
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:38 am
Location: Western Kentucky

Re: My Meat

Postby dave79 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:19 am

WOW...What are the odds this tread highjack will go the don't use the word retard route, or you shouldn't be able to use a crossbow because they are far more superior than my compound bow, with 80% let off, that i shoot with the aid of a modern release, carbon arrows and mechanical broadheads. :no:

To the OP nice kill. I hope to make it over to ohio tonight, and make the indiana opener tomorrow. :beer:
dave79
hunter
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:34 pm
Location: indiana

Re: My Meat

Postby Locked&Loaded » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:21 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
JuniorPre 360 wrote:I thought it was a law everywhere that crossbows were outlawed for big game. Maybe it's just my state. Sweet pic. Thanks for sharing.


better not be a law. I killed 2 with a crossbow last year


Two questions:
1. What is the reward for turning in a poacher in your state?
2. What is the phone number for the Ohio state poaching hotline?
User avatar
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike
 
Posts: 7975
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:12 pm

Re: My Meat

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:26 am

troy_iv wrote:
JuniorPre 360 wrote:
Underradar wrote:
JuniorPre 360 wrote:I thought it was a law everywhere that crossbows were outlawed for big game. Maybe it's just my state. Sweet pic. Thanks for sharing.

Most states have an exception, like, if you are under the circumstance of having some type of mental or physical disability or something.


FIFY


I agree, Junior. Words like that should be reserved for certain situations, like:

"Altering people's words to make you feel better about an issue, which most of those affected by said issue couldn't care less about, is GAY..."

:shades:
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
User avatar
JuniorPre 360
hunter
 
Posts: 2882
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 12:40 pm
Location: Canal de Panama

Re: My Meat

Postby dave79 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:30 am

Locked&Loaded wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
JuniorPre 360 wrote:I thought it was a law everywhere that crossbows were outlawed for big game. Maybe it's just my state. Sweet pic. Thanks for sharing.


better not be a law. I killed 2 with a crossbow last year


Two questions:
1. What is the reward for turning in a poacher in your state?
2. What is the phone number for the Ohio state poaching hotline?


You wanna really screw baker over don't give him to the law. Just find some archery shooters club and give them his name and address.
dave79
hunter
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:34 pm
Location: indiana

Re: My Meat

Postby Locked&Loaded » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:34 am

dave79 wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
JuniorPre 360 wrote:I thought it was a law everywhere that crossbows were outlawed for big game. Maybe it's just my state. Sweet pic. Thanks for sharing.


better not be a law. I killed 2 with a crossbow last year


Two questions:
1. What is the reward for turning in a poacher in your state?
2. What is the phone number for the Ohio state poaching hotline?


You wanna really screw baker over don't give him to the law. Just find some archery shooters club and give them his name and address.


Not Baker, Ohio. He's my arch nemesis and this may finally be my opportunity to put him down for good!
User avatar
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike
 
Posts: 7975
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:12 pm

Re: My Meat

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:34 am

Locked&Loaded wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
JuniorPre 360 wrote:I thought it was a law everywhere that crossbows were outlawed for big game. Maybe it's just my state. Sweet pic. Thanks for sharing.


better not be a law. I killed 2 with a crossbow last year


Two questions:
1. What is the reward for turning in a poacher in your state?
2. What is the phone number for the Ohio state poaching hotline?


:internetthroatpunch:

From ODNR http://www.ohiodnr.com/wildlife/dow/reg ... _deer.aspx

Longbow or Bow: minimum draw weight 40 lbs. This would include compound bows and recurve bows. The arrow tip shall have a minimum of two cutting edges which may be exposed or unexposed and minimim 3/4-inch width. Expandable and mechanical broadheads are legal. Poisoned or explosive arrows are illegal.

Crossbow: draw weight not less than 75 lbs. The arrow tip shall have a minimum of two cutting edges which may be exposed or unexposed and minimim 3/4-inch width. Expandable and mechanical broadheads are legal. Poisoned or explosive arrows are illegal.
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
User avatar
OHIODUCKA5
hunter
 
Posts: 13118
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: My Meat

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:35 am

Locked&Loaded wrote:
dave79 wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
JuniorPre 360 wrote:I thought it was a law everywhere that crossbows were outlawed for big game. Maybe it's just my state. Sweet pic. Thanks for sharing.


better not be a law. I killed 2 with a crossbow last year


Two questions:
1. What is the reward for turning in a poacher in your state?
2. What is the phone number for the Ohio state poaching hotline?


You wanna really screw baker over don't give him to the law. Just find some archery shooters club and give them his name and address.


Not Baker, Ohio. He's my arch nemesis and this may finally be my opportunity to put him down for good!


Insert Evil laugh here
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
User avatar
OHIODUCKA5
hunter
 
Posts: 13118
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: My Meat

Postby rank duck » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:36 am

if any retarded gay people read this thread they're gonna be pissed.
- THIS SPACE FOR RENT -
User avatar
rank duck
hunter
 
Posts: 2355
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:38 am
Location: Western Kentucky

Re: My Meat

Postby Locked&Loaded » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:36 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
JuniorPre 360 wrote:I thought it was a law everywhere that crossbows were outlawed for big game. Maybe it's just my state. Sweet pic. Thanks for sharing.


better not be a law. I killed 2 with a crossbow last year


Two questions:
1. What is the reward for turning in a poacher in your state?
2. What is the phone number for the Ohio state poaching hotline?


:internetthroatpunch:

From ODNR http://www.ohiodnr.com/wildlife/dow/reg ... _deer.aspx

Longbow or Bow: minimum draw weight 40 lbs. This would include compound bows and recurve bows. The arrow tip shall have a minimum of two cutting edges which may be exposed or unexposed and minimim 3/4-inch width. Expandable and mechanical broadheads are legal. Poisoned or explosive arrows are illegal.

Crossbow: draw weight not less than 75 lbs. The arrow tip shall have a minimum of two cutting edges which may be exposed or unexposed and minimim 3/4-inch width. Expandable and mechanical broadheads are legal. Poisoned or explosive arrows are illegal.


Damnit! *sigh*
User avatar
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike
 
Posts: 7975
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:12 pm

Re: My Meat

Postby Locked&Loaded » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:37 am

rank duck wrote:if any retarded gay people read this thread they're gonna be pissed.

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
User avatar
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike
 
Posts: 7975
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:12 pm

Re: My Meat

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:37 am

Locked&Loaded wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
JuniorPre 360 wrote:I thought it was a law everywhere that crossbows were outlawed for big game. Maybe it's just my state. Sweet pic. Thanks for sharing.


better not be a law. I killed 2 with a crossbow last year


Two questions:
1. What is the reward for turning in a poacher in your state?
2. What is the phone number for the Ohio state poaching hotline?


:internetthroatpunch:

From ODNR http://www.ohiodnr.com/wildlife/dow/reg ... _deer.aspx

Longbow or Bow: minimum draw weight 40 lbs. This would include compound bows and recurve bows. The arrow tip shall have a minimum of two cutting edges which may be exposed or unexposed and minimim 3/4-inch width. Expandable and mechanical broadheads are legal. Poisoned or explosive arrows are illegal.

Crossbow: draw weight not less than 75 lbs. The arrow tip shall have a minimum of two cutting edges which may be exposed or unexposed and minimim 3/4-inch width. Expandable and mechanical broadheads are legal. Poisoned or explosive arrows are illegal.


Damnit! *sigh*


:moon:
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
User avatar
OHIODUCKA5
hunter
 
Posts: 13118
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: My Meat

Postby Locked&Loaded » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:41 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
JuniorPre 360 wrote:I thought it was a law everywhere that crossbows were outlawed for big game. Maybe it's just my state. Sweet pic. Thanks for sharing.


better not be a law. I killed 2 with a crossbow last year


Two questions:
1. What is the reward for turning in a poacher in your state?
2. What is the phone number for the Ohio state poaching hotline?


:internetthroatpunch:

From ODNR http://www.ohiodnr.com/wildlife/dow/reg ... _deer.aspx

Longbow or Bow: minimum draw weight 40 lbs. This would include compound bows and recurve bows. The arrow tip shall have a minimum of two cutting edges which may be exposed or unexposed and minimim 3/4-inch width. Expandable and mechanical broadheads are legal. Poisoned or explosive arrows are illegal.

Crossbow: draw weight not less than 75 lbs. The arrow tip shall have a minimum of two cutting edges which may be exposed or unexposed and minimim 3/4-inch width. Expandable and mechanical broadheads are legal. Poisoned or explosive arrows are illegal.


Damnit! *sigh*


:moon:


IIIII'llll be watching you, Ohio! Next time you water swat a grebe, shoot a group limit, use electronic calls, or sneak lead shells into your shotgun, I'll be there. IIIIIIII'll be there!!
User avatar
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike
 
Posts: 7975
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:12 pm

Next

Return to The Honey Hole

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], grizz18, OGblackcloud, OHIODUCKA5, okbucksnducks, rank duck and 36 guests