Virus?

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, #1wingnut

Virus?

Postby Underradar » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:35 pm

I opened up an email that said it was from a colleague. Now my computer is running slow and the cursor is jumping around as if a phantom is in control. I ran Malwarebytes, Panda, and Security Essentials, but no relief. What next?
My lab died, and no one on Duckhuntingchat even cared.

Google I'm feeling lucky: DU biologist stole my car

You may win a fight, but you can never win an argument.
Underradar
hunter

Re: Virus?

Postby D Comeaux » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:37 pm

An exorcist.
D Comeaux
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:38 pm

Buy a new one ! Its not like you cant afford it
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby Underradar » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:39 pm

We're born with certain talents. Singing, sports, trigonometry...we've all got our strengths. But we're 100% certain that no one arrived on this earth with the supernatural ability to win an eBay auction. It's hard! Aside from actually digging through the myriad of "women's vintage clothing" for that perfect item, you've actually got to survive the agony of waiting, bidding, wondering, and outbidding to finally stand on that winner's pedestal. We've been around the block (on eBay, guys), and we know a thing or two about how to bring home the goods. Read on, and comment below if you've got any tips of your own (that you're willing to share).

Underradar
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:39 pm

You actually opened the file I sent?

Bauaha.
You know Sohcahtoa dont you UR?
Last edited by aunt betty on Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:39 pm

Smash it with a hammer :hammer:
Lonely wives, dirty trucks , and happy dogs.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby Professor_Leakey » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:41 pm

restart the computer...run the scans while in safe mode.
DuckPharm wrote:I'm talking about the pie billed goldeneye.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:43 pm

I thought you quit working with those Nigerians
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby Underradar » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:43 pm

The study of trigonometry begins with the right triangle. The three main trig functions (sine, cosine, and tangent) and their reciprocals (cosecant, secant, and cotangent) all tell you something about the lengths of the sides of a right triangle that contains a given acute angle — like angle x in the figure below.

The longest side of this right triangle (or any right triangle), the diagonal side, is called the hypotenuse. The side that’s 3 units long is referred to as the opposite side because it’s on the opposite side of the triangle from angle x, and the side of length 4 is called the adjacent side because it’s adjacent to, or touching, angle x.

SohCahToa is a meaningless mnemonic that helps you remember the definitions of the sine, cosine, and tangent functions. SohCahToa uses the initial letters of sine, cosine, and tangent, and the initial letters of hypotenuse, opposite, and adjacent, to help you remember the following definitions. (To remember how to spell SohCahToa, note its pronunciation and the fact that it contains three groups of three letters each.)

For the triangle in the preceding figure:

The other three trig functions are reciprocals of these: Cosecant (csc) is the reciprocal of sine, secant (sec) is the reciprocal of cosine, and cotangent (cot) is the reciprocal of tangent.

For the triangle in the preceding figure:

Underradar
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:45 pm

What ever !
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby Underradar » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:45 pm

Alright Betty, how do I stop this crap?

Underradar
hunter

Postby Underradar » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:47 pm

HAWAII · THE HISTORY I
Cook named them Sandwich Islands
Until the 5th or 6th centuries the Hawaiian archipelago was a no man‘s land - an uninhabited paradise.

The first settlers came across the ocean from the Marquesas Islands, a group of islands in the south east almost at the equator. They came in big canoes, 100ft long, with twin hulls, whose sails were made of the fibre of coconuts. They brought the first domestic animals with them - pigs and chickens.

Other Polynesians followed in the 13th or 14th centuries. They came form Tahiti. A feudal system with powerful chiefs, (the later kings), priests and ministers developed who ruled the four bigger islands.

In 1778 the English Captain Cook discovered the islands. He called them Sandwich Islands after his superior, Sandwich, the first Lord of the Admiralty. (An Earl of the family of the Sandwichs, John Montagu, invented the buttered toast which has been called sandwich to the present day.( The Hawaiian islands, however, show only a remote connection with sandwiches)

Anyway in some nautical charts you can still find the Hawaiian islands as "Sandwich Islands"

The relationship between Cook‘s sailors and the natives was very friendly in the beginning. They exchanged coins, muskets and nails for drinking water and meat. The sailors had no problem to get into contact with the female population. They were fascinated by their beauty whereas the Polynesians were attracted by the utensils made of metal they saw on the two strange ships. Unfortunately they pinched some of them. Cook was really upset about this and he had the Hawaiian chief, Kalaniopuu, arrested. As a reaction to this the indigenous people stabbed him to death.

In spite of all this the islands became an important base for international shipping routes.

Underradar
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:55 pm

Underradar wrote:Alright Betty, how do I stop this crap?

Sorry UR. I can fix you computer easy but first I gotta ask how good your homeowner's insurance is.
One of these tools can do it.
1380570703561.jpg

You need this?
1380570778961.jpg

Remember where you are.

I would call the geek squad, we're just a bunch of silly duck hunters.
Remember?
1380571049830.jpg
Last edited by aunt betty on Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Postby jakefromflorida » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:57 pm

There is only one solution to a malfunctioning computer...

Turkey loads.
Indaswamp wrote:
t_baker wrote:Nice work Jakefromstatefarm.

Crap. On. A. Cracker!! :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: LMAO!!!
"She sounds hideous!" :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
jakefromflorida
hunter

Postby Underradar » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:59 pm

reldra
• 16 minutes ago• 0 △0 ▽− +
⚑I was jarred by the word servant in the first video. They should know better. The guy with the tattoos who said 'in the service of'..wasn't so bad, I really think he meant principles. The other videos were fine. The one with all the hand movements is typical in elementary schools. There was likley a chorus performance with 5 other songs this was connected to with none related to Obama.. The other one with the snapping showed some cute kids with no rythm.

I did not like the one with young men in army fatigues. Whoever was running that should have had them pick someone who personally inspired them, they ALL couldn't have been inspired by Barack Obama. That one really creeped me out.

There was a trend though, to put some of Obamas speeches to music. I made this for my mother. They had given her 6 months to live...liver failure. She had less than 1/4 of a liver left. Just last week, she was taken off of the transplant due to her meld score and her liver is regenerating. I had campaigned for Obama and she like him and she was too ill to get out. I normally would not have shown up at any campaign headquarters to volunteer for anyone, but I did it for her. I made this video, with really poor editing skills a long time ago. I wasn't trying to indoctrinate anyone and at the time, 'Yes we Can' meant a lot more to me than Obama.

Underradar
hunter

Postby Crazy Matt » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:00 pm

jakefromflorida wrote:Image

Turkey loads.

I see a 100 dollar battery just laying on the ground. :no:
Call, Kill, Consume.
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:03 pm

Crazy Matt wrote:
jakefromflorida wrote:Image

Turkey loads.

I see a 100 dollar battery just laying on the ground. :no:

Choot the battery too jakefromstatefarm
Lonely wives, dirty trucks , and happy dogs.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby Underradar » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:03 pm

I’ve seen the melted crayon art canvases all over Pinterest and have been wanting to try one for the longest time. Like many things, however, time gets away from me and I never seemed to find the time – that is, until this week! Tahd was gone for several days and I wanted something fun to try with Gabe during our last few days of summer. Crayons are at insanely good prices right now with back-to-school sales, so it was as though the stars aligned to make this project possible. The equation went something like this…

time + need for fun + cheap craft supplies = automatic success!

Or something. ;)

The canvas was one we had laying around at home. I had actually started another project with it and never got around to finishing it. Hence the blue paint with gold spatters. I thought about painting the whole thing white again but then decided the blue and gold would probably look fun so I decided to leave it.

It’s really a straight-forward project – glue crayons, melt them with hair dryer, done! But there were a few things I learned along the way I figured I could pass along.

Tip One || I used a 16×20 canvas and somewhere around 85 crayons, I believe. The whole experience took about an hour.

Tip Two || Buy a box of 64 crayons and remove all the dark, dingy colors. I took out all the blacks/browns/grays. Then I combed my house for crayons in brighter, happier colors to fill the canvas. I had recently bought a new box of crayons so I knew we still had some fresh ones laying around. If you don’t, you might want to pick up two 64-packs.

Underradar
hunter

Postby Underradar » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:06 pm

By FRANCE 24 (text) A French data protection watchdog is set to take action against Google over failing to comply with the country’s privacy guidelines.

The National Commission on Computing and Freedom (CNIL) said Friday that the US Internet giant had failed to meet a three-month deadline, handed to it in June, to change its privacy policy to meet French regulations.

It had asked Google to inform users in France on how it processes their personal data and to define how long they can keep the information.

But in a statement on its website the CNIL said that Google had failed to make the requested changes and that it will now begin a formal sanction procedure against the company, which could result in a fine of up to 150,000 euros.

Commenting on the CNIL’s decision, Google spokesman Al Verney said: “Our privacy policy respects European law and allows us to create simpler, more effective services. We have engaged fully with CNIL throughout this process and will continue to do so going forward.''

Friday's action puts new pressure on Google over its data protection record, with the company still smarting from criticism over providing customer information to the US government as part of its fight against foreign terrorists.

Complaints by other European countries over Google’s privacy policy have also risked damaging the company’s reputation among internet users.

The CNIL said that Google has largely ignored previous recommendations from European regulators and noted that similar actions against the company are currently underway in Spain, Germany, Britain, Italy and the Netherlands.

Underradar
hunter

Postby Underradar » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:07 pm

I can't turn my computer off. Damn. Do I have to unplug this monster?

Underradar
hunter

Postby Underradar » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:09 pm

Underradar
hunter

Postby gock5 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:10 pm

please unplug it!
gock5
hunter

Postby Underradar » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:28 pm

Underradar
hunter

Postby Underradar » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:29 pm

I know Betty put that last one on here.

Underradar
hunter

Postby Professor_Leakey » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:35 pm

ctr-alt-delete !!!
DuckPharm wrote:I'm talking about the pie billed goldeneye.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Next

Return to The Honey Hole