Strangest thing you've ever found in the woods?

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, #1wingnut

Re: Strangest thing you've ever found in the woods?

Postby biscuitsandgravy » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:05 pm

bluegoose18 wrote:Last week and friend and I went out to deer camp to check the stands. We get to the gate unlock it and pull onto the property. About 3/4 of the way down the road on the way to base camp. ll of the sudden smack dab middle of the rd straight ahead there's a woman taken a leak facing us . That women got so scared to seeing us approaching in the truck she not only stopped mid stream. I looked over at my buddy and he looked at me and let's just say we had smiles ear to ear. So we are forced to talk to her at this point I introduce myself as the land owner and she introduces herself as the neighbors wife. She proceeds to tell me that everyday she jogs my road and stops at that same spot to tinckle every time she is there. All I could do is just nod and continue on with a smile ear to ear !!!!! What a lucky neighbor

God Bless America!!!! :beer:
biscuitsandgravy
hunter

Postby foldinducks » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:23 pm

biscuitsandgravy wrote:
bluegoose18 wrote:Last week and friend and I went out to deer camp to check the stands. We get to the gate unlock it and pull onto the property. About 3/4 of the way down the road on the way to base camp. ll of the sudden smack dab middle of the rd straight ahead there's a woman taken a leak facing us . That women got so scared to seeing us approaching in the truck she not only stopped mid stream. I looked over at my buddy and he looked at me and let's just say we had smiles ear to ear. So we are forced to talk to her at this point I introduce myself as the land owner and she introduces herself as the neighbors wife. She proceeds to tell me that everyday she jogs my road and stops at that same spot to tinckle every time she is there. All I could do is just nod and continue on with a smile ear to ear !!!!! What a lucky neighbor

God Bless America!!!! :beer:

.....God bless trail cams......
it didnt smell like that when i ate it
foldinducks
hunter

Postby Merganzor » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:15 pm

I once found what I believe is called a "Pocket Pal" half buried in the dirt in the woods. No, don't google it. It was a rubberized rendering of a very specific portion of the female anatomy. At the time, though, my first thought was "oh no, this is just the tip of the iceberg. Where's the rest of her?" Only after my scientific curiosity got the better of me and I poked it with a stick did I figure out what it was. OK, go ahead and flame away.
WTN10 wrote:I hope a midget attacks your legs with a chainsaw.
Merganzor
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:28 pm

Merganzor wrote:I once found what I believe is called a "Pocket Pal" half buried in the dirt in the woods. No, don't google it.

:lol3:
UmatillaJeff wrote:By his very nature this tends to be a modest man who is loved by woman, children and dogs and well though of in all social circles.
We will call him the 10ga man
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby OmegaRed » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:35 am

Merganzor wrote:I once found what I believe is called a "Pocket Pal" half buried in the dirt in the woods. No, don't google it. It was a rubberized rendering of a very specific portion of the female anatomy. At the time, though, my first thought was "oh no, this is just the tip of the iceberg. Where's the rest of her?" Only after my scientific curiosity got the better of me and I poked it with a stick did I figure out what it was. OK, go ahead and flame away.

A "stick" huh?
I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in.
OmegaRed
Fabio

Postby lbhansford » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:43 pm

One time was deer hunting and a redtail hawk came flying thru the woods out of nowhere to grab a squirrel off a limb. Squirrel slipped around the tree at the last split second and hawk slammed straight into the side of the tree.. I am talking looney tunes style. fell about 30 ft to the ground and i knew it was dead. about 5 minutes later it got up looked around and flew off. :lol3:
lbhansford
hunter

Postby t_baker » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:14 pm

lbhansford wrote:One time was deer hunting and a redtail hawk came flying thru the woods out of nowhere to grab a squirrel off a limb. Squirrel slipped around the tree at the last split second and hawk slammed straight into the side of the tree.. I am talking looney tunes style. fell about 30 ft to the ground and i knew it was dead. about 5 minutes later it got up looked around and flew off. :lol3:

Reminds me of a bald eagle last year. We have a couple hang around the lake, I watched one grab a fish and fly to the very top of the tallest tree around. He proceeded to reach down to have some fresh fish as it gave a good flop and fell all the way back down to the water. I would assume the fish was dead regardless but the eagle looked PISSED. He was cocking his head and looking around, just full of disappointment.
t_baker
hunter

Postby ChasinTail » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:43 pm

OmegaRed wrote:
Merganzor wrote:I once found what I believe is called a "Pocket Pal" half buried in the dirt in the woods. No, don't google it. It was a rubberized rendering of a very specific portion of the female anatomy. At the time, though, my first thought was "oh no, this is just the tip of the iceberg. Where's the rest of her?" Only after my scientific curiosity got the better of me and I poked it with a stick did I figure out what it was. OK, go ahead and flame away.

A "stick" huh?

:clapping:
ChasinTail
hunter

Postby winchester1852 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:10 pm

MinnesotaDan wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:better pic....

Is that you? I always envisioned you as black for some reason.

day walker.
if you can read this your almost as smart as a dolphin.
winchester1852
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:37 pm

womans' panties, condoms, cash register, tv, the average stuff you know.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:46 pm

You should give the panties back
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby Anoldhuntersc » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:08 am

2500hdon37s wrote:womans' panties, condoms, cash register, tv, the average stuff you know.

Lets see: panties well know where they came from
Condoms- make the deal safe
Cash register- ring up the deal
Tv- get in the mood for deal
Anoldhuntersc
hunter

Postby DuckMauler » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:17 am

This is probably the best thread that I've read on here in a long time. Love the stories. I have a couple of stories.

This was probably the craziest thing that I ever had happen while fishing. A few years ago I was bass fishing on a local lake at night. The whole lake is houses and docks, etc but still dark on a summer night. I was cruising along a stretch of docks fishing and I was approaching the mouth of a cove. I started hearing some noises that sounded something like cats fighting. The close I got to the cove the louder it got. Well the more I could hear, the more I could tell what was going on. I got a little closer and finally I hear,"Ohhhhhhhh charlie, you're such a stud, give it to me, momma likes it" I began to snicker and just continued to fish my way closer, still being quiet. About that time I hear another female's voice as well and then another. I get about 10 yards from the dock and I hook a 6 lb largemouth and it came up and flipped right beside the dock. I quickly cut the lights on in my boat so I could land the fish and I see what looked like 5 people get up off of the floor of the dock and they scattered like a covey of quail, cursing me out in the process. I so wish that I hadn't hooked the fish, because I was going to pull right up on the dock and turn my lights on and say, "Everyone come out with your hands up" or something like that. Either way it was funny. Never expected to troll up on an orgy lol

When I was 8 years old I was going fishing with my dad on a bitter cold february day. We went down to the local lake and fished all day. That evening we were turning out of the parking like right beside a small bridge and there was a car that had ran off the road and went in headfirst off the side of this bridge in the lake. The only things sticking up was the back 1/3rd of the car. We were in the process of trying to call 911 when we hear the sirens of an ambulance and firetruck in the distance. They came and we left. Turns out whoever was in the car had passed out and they drown.

Hear are 2 of my craziest stories from hunting.....

Last year in July I was working at my deer land. I parked my car about 100 yards away from where I walked in the woods to cut brush. I was in a remote area way back off the road so I left my car unlocked, keys in the ignition, windows down. I thought nothing of it. WEll I'm down in the woods for about 2 hours along a creekbottom. Well up the creek there is a bridge that goes about 30 feet over the creek. And btw, the creek is very shallow. When I first walked into the woods I heard what sounded like a beaver splash in the creek. Pretty normal for this area. WEll, I finished all my work and started heading back to my car and I hear someone talking, sounded like it was coming from where I parked. I thought maybe one of my buddies had stopped by randomly and they were talking on their phone or something. I step out of the woods and see that my car door is open and I think to myself what in the world???? The closer I get I see that someone is sitting in the driver's seat of my car with their foot propped up on the door just chilling out. I'm trying to figure out who it is and who they're talking too. I get closer and I find out that it is a 22 year old girl completed covered in mud from head to toe, sitting in my driver's seat, talking on my cellphone and listening to the radio with the switch on. She see's me and gets kind of alarmed. She hangs up the phone and gets out of my car and says, "Hey" I replied with, "Hey, what exactly are you doing?" I mean she was so covered in mud I couldn't hardly tell what she looked like. She seemed to be a pretty attractive young lady but still what the heck. She was walking down the road and decided that she would walk down this dirt road to explore and she found my car, needed to use a cell phone, so she used my cell phone after discovering my car. I asked her if she thought that getting into a stranger's car parked in the middle of the woods was a good idea? and She said in a horrible accent, "Well, I guess it weren't one of my brightest decisions" I said to her, "I'm going to give you one opportunity to tell me the truth and I won't be mad either way, but did you steal anything from me?" She said no, and I inspected my car, glove box, under the seats, etc and everything is in tact. She was literally telling the truth. I also asked her how she got so covered with mud and she began to tell me how she was walking down the road, and she was hot, so she decided to jump off the aforementioned 30 foot bridge into a 2 ft deep creek. I don't know how she didn't get killed or drowned. So the loud splash I heard was no beaver(well I guess you could say it was lol), it was her. The girl was walking from a town about 12 miles away to visit her child which was another 5 miles down the road. Very odd scenario indeed. I laid down something for her to sit on and took her to her destination, invited her to church, etc. It took me all day long to clean the mud out of my car that she left. Still laugh every time I park at that particular spot. Needless to say I never leave my vehicle unlocked any more.

Probably the funniest/craziest thing I've ever seen was 2 years ago while duck hunting on a local lake. My cousin and me were set up hunting divers on the opening day of the final split in December. We were set up on a point and there were probably 5 other parties in the particular creek that we were in. Sometimes I'll pick my binoculars up and glass around to see where flocks of ducks are sitting or if they are ducks sitting in the rafts of coots. I just happened to be skimming the bank about 400 yards across the lake in the very back of a long cove and I see 3 deer hop out of the brush. I said to my cousin, "There's 3 deer over there" He didn't really pay me much attention. I continued looking for ducks and then a moment later skimmed back to where I saw the deer. They were in the water swimming towards us from across the lake. They were Still a good 350 yards at this time I would say and I never thought that they would come anywhere near us. I keep watching and watching and watching and by this time their about 150 yards away still making a B-line towards our decoys. My cousin(which is a rather crazy sort) looked up and said, holy crap they're going to come right through the decoys. We both had blaze orange hats stored in our gear bag and we put them on quickly to be legal. I start checking in my regulations book if this area is an area where does can be taken during the season. It was a state of mass chaos. I ask my cousin,"what are you going to do?" and he says,"You just sit back and I'll show ya" These 3 does swim right through our decoys at maybe 10 yards and all at once they start getting up on the bank and I look up and my cousin raise his gun and BOOM BOOM BOOM........I hear him reloading while I am laughing so hard that I'm almost hyperventilating.......BOOM BOOM BOOM.......he reloads again still laughing hysterically...... and he fires off 3 more rounds. I never fired my gun because I didn't want to get in any trouble. Didn't know about the regulations, being that this had never happened to us before. I look up and the biggest of the does is laying the water with its feet stuck up in the area. For the first time ever we had a dead mammal laying in the decoys. In the mean time one of the deer got ashore and ran off and the other deer(which I think was the yearling to the big momma doe) decided to get back in the water and swim back out into the lake. WEll you know how yearlings often do when their momma gets shot, they usually don't want to leave the area. The deer swims out in the lake about 150 yards in front of our blind for 45 straight minutes. Boat came by the whole time left and right, but the deer just kept swimming in circles. Finally after all this time, here comes the deer again, right through the decoys, We have already pulled the momma up on the bank(now keep in mind the deer was shot legally being that it was in water depth under it's knees). The little doe heads right for her and the instant he gets out of the water my cousin lets loose again......BOOM BOOM BOOM......reloads......BOOM BOOM BOOM......I Look up and the doe hits the dirt....... In all of my years of hunting and fishing, this is definitely the craziest things I've ever seen. Will never forget it if I live to be a hundred and twenty seven years old. :thumbsup:
Ephesians 4:32
DuckMauler
hunter

Postby fullcontact86 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:37 am

DuckMauler wrote:This is probably the best thread that I've read on here in a long time. Love the stories. I have a couple of stories.

This was probably the craziest thing that I ever had happen while fishing. A few years ago I was bass fishing on a local lake at night. The whole lake is houses and docks, etc but still dark on a summer night. I was cruising along a stretch of docks fishing and I was approaching the mouth of a cove. I started hearing some noises that sounded something like cats fighting. The close I got to the cove the louder it got. Well the more I could hear, the more I could tell what was going on. I got a little closer and finally I hear,"Ohhhhhhhh charlie, you're such a stud, give it to me, momma likes it" I began to snicker and just continued to fish my way closer, still being quiet. About that time I hear another female's voice as well and then another. I get about 10 yards from the dock and I hook a 6 lb largemouth and it came up and flipped right beside the dock. I quickly cut the lights on in my boat so I could land the fish and I see what looked like 5 people get up off of the floor of the dock and they scattered like a covey of quail, cursing me out in the process. I so wish that I hadn't hooked the fish, because I was going to pull right up on the dock and turn my lights on and say, "Everyone come out with your hands up" or something like that. Either way it was funny. Never expected to troll up on an orgy lol

When I was 8 years old I was going fishing with my dad on a bitter cold february day. We went down to the local lake and fished all day. That evening we were turning out of the parking like right beside a small bridge and there was a car that had ran off the road and went in headfirst off the side of this bridge in the lake. The only things sticking up was the back 1/3rd of the car. We were in the process of trying to call 911 when we hear the sirens of an ambulance and firetruck in the distance. They came and we left. Turns out whoever was in the car had passed out and they drown.

Hear are 2 of my craziest stories from hunting.....

Last year in July I was working at my deer land. I parked my car about 100 yards away from where I walked in the woods to cut brush. I was in a remote area way back off the road so I left my car unlocked, keys in the ignition, windows down. I thought nothing of it. WEll I'm down in the woods for about 2 hours along a creekbottom. Well up the creek there is a bridge that goes about 30 feet over the creek. And btw, the creek is very shallow. When I first walked into the woods I heard what sounded like a beaver splash in the creek. Pretty normal for this area. WEll, I finished all my work and started heading back to my car and I hear someone talking, sounded like it was coming from where I parked. I thought maybe one of my buddies had stopped by randomly and they were talking on their phone or something. I step out of the woods and see that my car door is open and I think to myself what in the world???? The closer I get I see that someone is sitting in the driver's seat of my car with their foot propped up on the door just chilling out. I'm trying to figure out who it is and who they're talking too. I get closer and I find out that it is a 22 year old girl completed covered in mud from head to toe, sitting in my driver's seat, talking on my cellphone and listening to the radio with the switch on. She see's me and gets kind of alarmed. She hangs up the phone and gets out of my car and says, "Hey" I replied with, "Hey, what exactly are you doing?" I mean she was so covered in mud I couldn't hardly tell what she looked like. She seemed to be a pretty attractive young lady but still what the heck. She was walking down the road and decided that she would walk down this dirt road to explore and she found my car, needed to use a cell phone, so she used my cell phone after discovering my car. I asked her if she thought that getting into a stranger's car parked in the middle of the woods was a good idea? and She said in a horrible accent, "Well, I guess it weren't one of my brightest decisions" I said to her, "I'm going to give you one opportunity to tell me the truth and I won't be mad either way, but did you steal anything from me?" She said no, and I inspected my car, glove box, under the seats, etc and everything is in tact. She was literally telling the truth. I also asked her how she got so covered with mud and she began to tell me how she was walking down the road, and she was hot, so she decided to jump off the aforementioned 30 foot bridge into a 2 ft deep creek. I don't know how she didn't get killed or drowned. So the loud splash I heard was no beaver(well I guess you could say it was lol), it was her. The girl was walking from a town about 12 miles away to visit her child which was another 5 miles down the road. Very odd scenario indeed. I laid down something for her to sit on and took her to her destination, invited her to church, etc. It took me all day long to clean the mud out of my car that she left. Still laugh every time I park at that particular spot. Needless to say I never leave my vehicle unlocked any more.

Probably the funniest/craziest thing I've ever seen was 2 years ago while duck hunting on a local lake. My cousin and me were set up hunting divers on the opening day of the final split in December. We were set up on a point and there were probably 5 other parties in the particular creek that we were in. Sometimes I'll pick my binoculars up and glass around to see where flocks of ducks are sitting or if they are ducks sitting in the rafts of coots. I just happened to be skimming the bank about 400 yards across the lake in the very back of a long cove and I see 3 deer hop out of the brush. I said to my cousin, "There's 3 deer over there" He didn't really pay me much attention. I continued looking for ducks and then a moment later skimmed back to where I saw the deer. They were in the water swimming towards us from across the lake. They were Still a good 350 yards at this time I would say and I never thought that they would come anywhere near us. I keep watching and watching and watching and by this time their about 150 yards away still making a B-line towards our decoys. My cousin(which is a rather crazy sort) looked up and said, holy crap they're going to come right through the decoys. We both had blaze orange hats stored in our gear bag and we put them on quickly to be legal. I start checking in my regulations book if this area is an area where does can be taken during the season. It was a state of mass chaos. I ask my cousin,"what are you going to do?" and he says,"You just sit back and I'll show ya" These 3 does swim right through our decoys at maybe 10 yards and all at once they start getting up on the bank and I look up and my cousin raise his gun and BOOM BOOM BOOM........I hear him reloading while I am laughing so hard that I'm almost hyperventilating.......BOOM BOOM BOOM.......he reloads again still laughing hysterically...... and he fires off 3 more rounds. I never fired my gun because I didn't want to get in any trouble. Didn't know about the regulations, being that this had never happened to us before. I look up and the biggest of the does is laying the water with its feet stuck up in the area. For the first time ever we had a dead mammal laying in the decoys. In the mean time one of the deer got ashore and ran off and the other deer(which I think was the yearling to the big momma doe) decided to get back in the water and swim back out into the lake. WEll you know how yearlings often do when their momma gets shot, they usually don't want to leave the area. The deer swims out in the lake about 150 yards in front of our blind for 45 straight minutes. Boat came by the whole time left and right, but the deer just kept swimming in circles. Finally after all this time, here comes the deer again, right through the decoys, We have already pulled the momma up on the bank(now keep in mind the deer was shot legally being that it was in water depth under it's knees). The little doe heads right for her and the instant he gets out of the water my cousin lets loose again......BOOM BOOM BOOM......reloads......BOOM BOOM BOOM......I Look up and the doe hits the dirt....... In all of my years of hunting and fishing, this is definitely the craziest things I've ever seen. Will never forget it if I live to be a hundred and twenty seven years old. :thumbsup:

Was this guy using steel shot waterfowl loads?
fullcontact86
hunter

Postby Swamp Gas » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:16 pm

Last week I was walking in a slough. My feet got tangled in something. After avoiding falling in and getting untangled I brought to decoy to the surface. Both we're completely full of water and stunk like swamp. Neither had any cracks. They both dripped water out of the injection hole at the ass end. I was able to get all the water out. After a bunch of scraping I found out they are Herters. I would guess they had been in the water for more than 20 years. Not like finding the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow but pretty cool in my book. Im gonnagetthem back to working condition.

before

After a lil elbow grease

I found some images but don't know how old they are. Anyone have an idea?

Swamp Gas
hunter

Postby DuckMauler » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:55 pm

Was this guy using steel shot waterfowl loads?

Yep, #4s. That was what I feared.....that the shell weight, size, etc might possibly be a legal concept and since I had never been in that situation(although I felt to be prepared for it which is why we keep blaze orange with us) and we have discussed this with multiple gw's since the occasion and we have gotten multiple different answers. One said that it was legal, one said that it may not be legal but wouldn't give a ticket, one said that it was legal but stupid, and 3 said that they just didn't know. Either way I don't trust any gw but I would never in a million years let that much free meat come by me and let it go :sniper: Regardless, it was probably a once in a lifetime experience and I'm glad I was there.
Ephesians 4:32
DuckMauler
hunter

Postby Swamp Gas » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:25 pm

Alot of elbow grease later. At least 1/8" of algae crust.

Swamp Gas
hunter

Postby suicidal_scaup » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:11 pm

THIS...THREAD...IS...AWESOME...!

Keep 'em coming!
Quoted from my wife while I am tapping on my iPad, "Are you talking about ducks again?"
Me, "Yep".
suicidal_scaup
hunter

Postby wetgoldenretriever » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:31 am

A big duffel bag full of some white powdery stuff it was all wrapped up in cellophane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dont shoot until you can see their toenails!
wetgoldenretriever
hunter

Postby B.E.Nelli » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:00 am

wetgoldenretriever wrote:A big duffel bag full of some white powdery stuff it was all wrapped up in cellophane

That stuff makes a great effervescent. Mix it in some warm water and throw her back...clears ya right up!
B.E.Nelli
hunter

Postby wetgoldenretriever » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:35 am

I bet it would......

wetgoldenretriever
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:04 am

wetgoldenretriever wrote:A big duffel bag full of some white powdery stuff it was all wrapped up in cellophane

What did you do with it? I know from watching movies that every time you find drugs somewhere, the owners of the drugs coming looking for you and you end up in car chases and shootouts.
It's all true, as far as I know.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby Professor_Leakey » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:58 am

Botiz630 wrote:

What did you do with it? I know from watching movies that every time you find drugs somewhere, the owners of the drugs coming looking for you and you end up in car chases and shootouts.

or you get mauled by a coked up grizzly.
Attachments
coke bear.jpg
coke bear.jpg (57.52 KiB) Viewed 997 times
bear.png
bear.png (212.23 KiB) Viewed 997 times
DuckPharm wrote:I'm talking about the pie billed goldeneye.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Postby Professor_Leakey » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:59 am

cool find, swampgas
DuckPharm wrote:I'm talking about the pie billed goldeneye.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Postby wetgoldenretriever » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:52 am

I am still using it as a replacement to sugar..... It's not too sweet but it makes anything taste good!

wetgoldenretriever
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole