Strangest thing you've ever found in the woods?

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut, lostpup, Preacher1011

Re: Strangest thing you've ever found in the woods?

Postby MarkM » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:05 am

possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:09 am

MarkM wrote:....

Me too
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby MarkM » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:11 am

OGblackcloud wrote:
MarkM wrote:....

Me too

Was either this one or poopin in the woods stories
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Postby WTN10 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:54 am

B.E.Nelli wrote:
wetgoldenretriever wrote:A big duffel bag full of some white powdery stuff it was all wrapped up in cellophane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That stuff makes a great effervescent. Mix it in some warm water and throw her back...clears ya right up!

I see what you did there.
2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
WTN10
hunter

Postby cootlover » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:43 pm

I was bow hunting in the hill's above Salt lake city Utah and I came a cross a tree stump someone put in front of a tree with a mirror hooked to the tree and a hang mans noose on a limb I told a cop a new about it he said guy's go jerk off and when it's time to get off they jump off the stump and half hang there self I guess it's supposed to be a thrill .The reason he new about it somebody ended up hanging there self in the same location. Now someone beat that story no pun intended :biggrin:
cootlover
hunter

Postby Willie » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:02 pm

DuckMauler wrote:
Was this guy using steel shot waterfowl loads?

Yep, #4s. That was what I feared.....that the shell weight, size, etc might possibly be a legal concept and since I had never been in that situation(although I felt to be prepared for it which is why we keep blaze orange with us) and we have discussed this with multiple gw's since the occasion and we have gotten multiple different answers. One said that it was legal, one said that it may not be legal but wouldn't give a ticket, one said that it was legal but stupid, and 3 said that they just didn't know. Either way I don't trust any gw but I would never in a million years let that much free meat come by me and let it go :sniper: Regardless, it was probably a once in a lifetime experience and I'm glad I was there.

Crazy happenings at ol Harris...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Willie
hunter

Postby MarkM » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:05 am

cootlover wrote:I was bow hunting in the hill's above Salt lake city Utah and I came a cross a tree stump someone put in front of a tree with a mirror hooked to the tree and a hang mans noose on a limb I told a cop a new about it he said guy's go jerk off and when it's time to get off they jump off the stump and half hang there self I guess it's supposed to be a thrill .The reason he new about it somebody ended up hanging there self in the same location. Now someone beat that story no pun intended :biggrin:

What was the purpose of the mirror?

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Postby Professor_Leakey » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:50 pm

sorry if this already got posted up, but it belongs in this thread...

DuckPharm wrote:I'm talking about the pie billed goldeneye.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Postby lbhansford » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:04 pm

Professor_Leakey wrote:sorry if this already got posted up, but it belongs in this thread...

WOW! Must have been one hell of a concert!
lbhansford
hunter

Postby Bunker » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:14 pm

I found the professor once now thats really strange!!

Sent from my pocket pop-tart type thingy via Tapatalk
Bunker
hunter

Postby Professor_Leakey » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:46 pm

yeah, that's me after about 14 beers and some of that nasty brandy. 5 days til the opener!

DuckPharm wrote:I'm talking about the pie billed goldeneye.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Postby dmpslab » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:40 pm

While duck hunting with my brother and a friend, we saw what appeared to be a limb sticking out from under the water on the river bank. As the tide went down it showed to be an 8 point buck that got stuck in the mud and drowned on the upcoming tide. Its back end was completely under the mud. That had to be a terrible way to die.
dmpslab
Newb

Postby KyFowl20 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:52 pm

Professor_Leakey wrote:yeah, that's me after about 14 beers and some of that nasty brandy. 5 days til the opener!

The funniest part was the guy laughing.
HGC Prostaff
KyFowl20
hunter

Postby KyFowl20 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:53 pm

Professor_Leakey wrote:sorry if this already got posted up, but it belongs in this thread...

"I've been here licking water off of leaves". Haha. Classic.
HGC Prostaff
KyFowl20
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:58 pm

winchester1852 wrote:
MinnesotaDan wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:better pic....

Is that you? I always envisioned you as black for some reason.

day walker.

No, that would be TNAL45....the angry little shamus.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby MinneKans » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:13 am

A crow flying with an empty water bottle in its beak.
MinneKans
hunter

Postby 2dogs1949 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:46 pm

A stolen car. Half a wooden boat. A change purse filled with foreign coins.
2dogs1949
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:55 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
winchester1852 wrote:
MinnesotaDan wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:better pic....

Is that you? I always envisioned you as black for some reason.

day walker.

No, that would be TNAL45....the angry little shamus.

Whoever is wearing the camo gloves must be using their magical powers to make that shotgun suspend in midair.
UmatillaJeff wrote:By his very nature this tends to be a modest man who is loved by woman, children and dogs and well though of in all social circles.
We will call him the 10ga man
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby Bill Herian » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:06 pm

2dogs1949 wrote:A stolen car. Half a wooden boat. A change purse filled with foreign coins.

I bet they were all connected somehow.
Bill Herian
hunter

Postby Arkansas Swamper » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:20 pm

A baby doll with an arrow through the head. Found it when I was 6 hunting squirrels in the woods behind my house. Creeped me out!
Arkansas Swamper
hunter

Postby Locked&Loaded » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:04 pm

T Man wrote:We were giving trail rides to a bunch of kids at a horse ranch I used to work at when we came around a corner and saw 2 girls naked taking "artsy" pictures of each other.

Shouted from the bottom of a well

About 5 years ago a friend of mine was flyfishing a river here in Northern Utah in late November. He said it was a clear, sunny, but cold as hell day and there were several inches of snow on the ground. He is wading upstream and just as he comes to an old wooden bridge, a car comes driving down the road, so he just stands still nearly under the bridge and pretty well out of sight but where he can still see pretty well. He says two attrative gals get out of the car and one is wearing a long trench coat. They walk out onto the bridge and the gal wearing the trench coat drops the coat and is wearing nothing but some lacy undies and nothing on top. The other girl takes several pictures and my buddy says he can hear them as they're walking back to the car how her boyfriend will be suprised to get those pictures for his birthday. Lucky SOB.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby Botiz630 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:12 pm

In high school a couple of us went looking for one of those "haunted areas" that every place seems to have, like a bridge where you can hear a baby crying at night or some abandoned train tracks where you can summon the lantern of a guy who was killed by a train years ago.

Well this particular one involved leaving the main road, taking a back road for a ways out of town and then pulling off onto an old dirt road that was more of a two track than anything else. It was in the middle of the night, as required by the legend and we were a little unnerved to be slowly picking our way down this creepy old path that led off into the woods in the middle of nowhere.

After making a couple miles or so down the path, we came around the corner to find an old truck facing us, blocking the path ahead. The headlights of that truck flipped on and whoever was inside hammered the gas pedal, and that truck came roaring toward us. We all about lost our minds and my buddy driving was barely able to get the car turned around and moving before the truck caught us.

That truck chased us at high speed back down the two track the way we had come in, we were bouncing and smashing through ruts and over humps the whole way, freaking out about who this was and why they were chasing us. We made it back to the back road and the truck kept chasing us, we were on a proper road now and flat out flying.

He kept after us till we made it back to the main road, as soon as we did he pulled off the road, stopped on the shoulder and turned his head lights out. To this day we have no idea what we had stumbled into, but I was about as scared as I've ever been that night.

True story.
I need about tree fiddy.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby whisperin' duck » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:59 pm

Botiz630 wrote:In high school a couple of us went looking for one of those "haunted areas" that every place seems to have, like a bridge where you can hear a baby crying at night or some abandoned train tracks where you can summon the lantern of a guy who was killed by a train years ago.

Well this particular one involved leaving the main road, taking a back road for a ways out of town and then pulling off onto an old dirt road that was more of a two track than anything else. It was in the middle of the night, as required by the legend and we were a little unnerved to be slowly picking our way down this creepy old path that led off into the woods in the middle of nowhere.

After making a couple miles or so down the path, we came around the corner to find an old truck facing us, blocking the path ahead. The headlights of that truck flipped on and whoever was inside hammered the gas pedal, and that truck came roaring toward us. We all about lost our minds and my buddy driving was barely able to get the car turned around and moving before the truck caught us.

That truck chased us at high speed back down the two track the way we had come in, we were bouncing and smashing through ruts and over humps the whole way, freaking out about who this was and why they were chasing us. We made it back to the back road and the truck kept chasing us, we were on a proper road now and flat out flying.

He kept after us till we made it back to the main road, as soon as we did he pulled off the road, stopped on the shoulder and turned his head lights out. To this day we have no idea what we had stumbled into, but I was about as scared as I've ever been that night.

True story.

I'm betting it was a fun time for older kids to sit out there drinking and waiting on some schmucks to scare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LadyK wrote:Ya know, day to day, government collapse, zombie apocalypse. A woman's job never changes. :lol3:
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby lbhansford » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:09 am

Locked&Loaded wrote:
T Man wrote:We were giving trail rides to a bunch of kids at a horse ranch I used to work at when we came around a corner and saw 2 girls naked taking "artsy" pictures of each other.

Shouted from the bottom of a well

About 5 years ago a friend of mine was flyfishing a river here in Northern Utah in late November. He said it was a clear, sunny, but cold as hell day and there were several inches of snow on the ground. He is wading upstream and just as he comes to an old wooden bridge, a car comes driving down the road, so he just stands still nearly under the bridge and pretty well out of sight but where he can still see pretty well. He says two attrative gals get out of the car and one is wearing a long trench coat. They walk out onto the bridge and the gal wearing the trench coat drops the coat and is wearing nothing but some lacy undies and nothing on top. The other girl takes several pictures and my buddy says he can hear them as they're walking back to the car how her boyfriend will be suprised to get those pictures for his birthday. Lucky SOB.

Pics probably in the Free pass post somewhere...
lbhansford
hunter

Postby Bunker » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:54 am

Just moved to a new house boardering state land. Went out to blaze a trail from my back yard to the trail system and found this...nearly a mile from the closest body of water and 3-5 miles from a body of water with a ramp to handle it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413914000.074408.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413914000.074408.jpg (144.83 KiB) Viewed 124 times

Sent from my pocket pop-tart type thingy via Tapatalk
Bunker
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole