Strangest thing you've ever found in the woods?

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

Re: Strangest thing you've ever found in the woods?

Postby MarkM » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:05 am

possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:09 am

MarkM wrote:....

Me too
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby MarkM » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:11 am

OGblackcloud wrote:
MarkM wrote:....

Me too

Was either this one or poopin in the woods stories
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Postby WTN10 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:54 am

B.E.Nelli wrote:
wetgoldenretriever wrote:A big duffel bag full of some white powdery stuff it was all wrapped up in cellophane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That stuff makes a great effervescent. Mix it in some warm water and throw her back...clears ya right up!

I see what you did there.
2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
WTN10
hunter

Postby cootlover » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:43 pm

I was bow hunting in the hill's above Salt lake city Utah and I came a cross a tree stump someone put in front of a tree with a mirror hooked to the tree and a hang mans noose on a limb I told a cop a new about it he said guy's go jerk off and when it's time to get off they jump off the stump and half hang there self I guess it's supposed to be a thrill .The reason he new about it somebody ended up hanging there self in the same location. Now someone beat that story no pun intended :biggrin:
cootlover
hunter

Postby Willie » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:02 pm

DuckMauler wrote:
Was this guy using steel shot waterfowl loads?

Yep, #4s. That was what I feared.....that the shell weight, size, etc might possibly be a legal concept and since I had never been in that situation(although I felt to be prepared for it which is why we keep blaze orange with us) and we have discussed this with multiple gw's since the occasion and we have gotten multiple different answers. One said that it was legal, one said that it may not be legal but wouldn't give a ticket, one said that it was legal but stupid, and 3 said that they just didn't know. Either way I don't trust any gw but I would never in a million years let that much free meat come by me and let it go :sniper: Regardless, it was probably a once in a lifetime experience and I'm glad I was there.

Crazy happenings at ol Harris...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Willie
hunter

Postby MarkM » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:05 am

cootlover wrote:I was bow hunting in the hill's above Salt lake city Utah and I came a cross a tree stump someone put in front of a tree with a mirror hooked to the tree and a hang mans noose on a limb I told a cop a new about it he said guy's go jerk off and when it's time to get off they jump off the stump and half hang there self I guess it's supposed to be a thrill .The reason he new about it somebody ended up hanging there self in the same location. Now someone beat that story no pun intended :biggrin:

What was the purpose of the mirror?

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Previous

Return to The Honey Hole