Strangest thing you've ever found in the woods?

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Re: Strangest thing you've ever found in the woods?

Postby luie b » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:30 pm

Saw two male fox squirrels bangin one time... Wasn't even in california or anything.
**2014-2015 Illinois Waterfowl Season**
Blue-winged teal - 14
luie b
hunter

Postby MarkM » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:54 pm

luie b wrote:Saw two male fox squirrels bangin one time... Wasn't even in california or anything.

:lol3:
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:01 pm

luie b wrote:Saw two male fox squirrels bangin one time... Wasn't even in california or anything.

One might have been an old lady squirrel with her boobs hangin down by her feet
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:03 pm

I sat in a deer stand a while one day. The strange part was that I saw a rooster pheasat land in the tip top of a very tall pine tree in the center of a decent sized woods.
I bet the tree was 100' tall.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Postby B.E.Nelli » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:05 pm

Hahahaha..best one yet!! This made me remember something I saw sitting in a treestand. A squirrel jumping tree limb to tree limb misjudged his abilities, and made a leap about 30 feet up. He shorted it and I saw him desperately reaching for the branch. He fell to the ground and knocked himself out. Laid there for a half hour before he crawled away and disappeared. I laughed so hard.
B.E.Nelli
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:36 pm

I'm sure glad JRock does not post here anymore!! :lol3: (We had a thread like this years back, some of his responses were hilarious and creepy!!)
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Rat Creek » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:45 pm

I saw a tree hugger in the woods once. Nah, just kidding. They never leave downtown metro areas. :yes:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby luie b » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:54 pm

OGblackcloud wrote:

One might have been an old lady squirrel with her boobs hangin down by her feet

the weirdest part is the bottom squirrel had bigger cahoneys than the top squirrel.
Blue-winged teal - 14
luie b
hunter

Postby luie b » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:58 pm

Betty's comment reminded me of another one when I was turkey hunting in the back 30 of our farm. I was on the top of a hill in the timber and I hear whistling wings and a drake wood duck buzzes 2 feet from my head dive bombing me and then swoops himself up onto a tree branch to sit for a minute. Keep in mind I'm out in the middle of nowhere and they're ain't a pond or any water around for at least a mile. Thought it was very strange.
Blue-winged teal - 14
luie b
hunter

Postby Idaho Savage » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:05 pm

This is a great thead!

Not weird but I found a decoy lodged in the willows down river. On the bottom, someone had written "Murphy" and a phone number. Once a year, my buddy and I call the number and say, "Muuuuuuurphy....I'm still out here, Murphy. It's soooooo cold. Murrrrrrrphy!" and then hangup. It's been 12 years now. Poor guy.
Idaho Savage
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:07 pm

Idaho Savage wrote:This is a great thead!

Not weird but I found a decoy lodged in the willows down river. On the bottom, someone had written "Murphy" and a phone number. Once a year, my buddy and I call the number and say, "Muuuuuuurphy....I'm still out here, Murphy. It's soooooo cold. Murrrrrrrphy!" and then hangup. It's been 12 years now. Poor guy.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That is hilarious!!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Idaho Savage » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:16 pm

I forgot the most obvious thing I found.

A friend of mine and I were hunting pheasant in a stubble field surrounded by oaks. It was the day before thanksgiving, 10 degrees out and blowing snow. We were walking by one of the oaks when my pointer started getting all weird, sort of cat stalking but not birdy. We walked closer and I saw a dead, frozen cat at the base of the tree, half covered with frozen snow. I called my dog off and continued walking. Just then my buddy says, "what the crap? That thing just winked at me!" I laugh and walk up to the frozen cat, my dog obviously disturbed but curious. Upon closer inspection, there was a tiny kitten trying to nurse on the dead mother.

I am a cat hater. They are devious, disloyal, evil creatures who know nothing about duty or loyalty. Nonetheless, I picked it up and put it in my pocket, saying "I am going to hell if I leave this thing out here." It was literally smaller than a baseball and probably would have died inside of an hour, if not less. "I'll drop it off at the shelter on the way home." We hunted the rest of the afternoon and headed back to the ranch, stopping by the animal shelter which had closed early for the holidays. I knew I was totally screwed.

One look at the tiny little demon and my girlfriend was sold. Four years later, and "Pat" still lurks around the ranch. I will say she has made a prolific mouser but I don't trust her at all. Here she is with her evil cohort, Janet Reno the llama.
Attachments
janet.and.pat.web.jpg
Idaho Savage
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:18 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Janet Reno the Llama!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby sprigs4days » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:24 pm

Idaho Savage wrote:I forgot the most obvious thing I found.

A friend of mine and I were hunting pheasant in a stubble field surrounded by oaks. It was the day before thanksgiving, 10 degrees out and blowing snow. We were walking by one of the oaks when my pointer started getting all weird, sort of cat stalking but not birdy. We walked closer and I saw a dead, frozen cat at the base of the tree, half covered with frozen snow. I called my dog off and continued walking. Just then my buddy says, "what the crap? That thing just winked at me!" I laugh and walk up to the frozen cat, my dog obviously disturbed but curious. Upon closer inspection, there was a tiny kitten trying to nurse on the dead mother.

I am a cat hater. They are devious, disloyal, evil creatures who know nothing about duty or loyalty. Nonetheless, I picked it up and put it in my pocket, saying "I am going to hell if I leave this thing out here." It was literally smaller than a baseball and probably would have died inside of an hour, if not less. "I'll drop it off at the shelter on the way home." We hunted the rest of the afternoon and headed back to the ranch, stopping by the animal shelter which had closed early for the holidays. I knew I was totally screwed.

One look at the tiny little demon and my girlfriend was sold. Four years later, and "Pat" still lurks around the ranch. I will say she has made a prolific mouser but I don't trust her at all. Here she is with her evil cohort, Janet Reno the llama.

Janet Reno :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
"Three can keep a secret, if two are dead"
sprigs4days
hunter

Postby ChasinTail » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:55 pm

Man I'm crying from laughing so hard at some of these.

After all the years I've spent I the woods just messing around I know I have to have at least one strange or funny that I've walked up on. Just can't seem to think of any.

Anyway, keep posting. I'm gonna go back to and retread the thread and laugh just as hard as the first time.
ChasinTail
hunter

Postby ChasinTail » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:50 am

Actually just thought of one that happened just this past weekend.

I was out riding the fourwheeler on some trails planning to do some deer scouting once I got to my spot. Well about a mile in I see a red Tahoe parked in the middle of the trail. I slow down and as I get about 30 yards from it a man jumps out of the drivers side and walks back to the rear. As I start getting closer I realize that it's one of my neighbors. I stop and ask him how it's going and he says "oh nothin just trying to get away from the house". Guy was actin real strange so I said well cya later and proceeded to drive off. I take a glimpse into the window of the truck and there sits about 20 year old crack head woman fumbling to get her clothes back on.

Now this may not seem to weird but my neighbor is about 60 years old, cockeyed, and has been married to the same woman for about 30 years.
ChasinTail
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:01 am

a game warden.....@

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby youngoilguy » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:13 am

Bill Herian wrote:
youngoilguy wrote: Found a few bodies in the outdoors over the last 10 years.

Do you count them in your season total?

Only if I killed it ya jack wagon. Don't you know how the season totals work? You prob pad yours then. You've been caught red handed by your own actions!
assateague wrote:I hunt to kill. It's why I take a gun instead of a camera. And it's a goose- lighten up.

best quote ever
youngoilguy
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:24 am

I found a back pack with a zip lock bag full of chitty paper towels and a dildo covered in pubes that was the size of your arm.....
absolutely dead true
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby jaysweet3 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:57 am

Slack Tide wrote:I found a back pack with a zip lock bag full of chitty paper towels and a dildo covered in pubes that was the size of your arm.....
absolutely dead true

Found or left a backpack in the woods?
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby jaysweet3 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:13 am

This is not in the woods but in a cane field. We were out cutting cane for the blind. We get a little deeper in the field, further from the road, and find a cardboard box. All of a sudden, the box moves. ***? My buddy opens the box, a chicken jumps out.

Somebody put it out there. It was a rooster, might have been a fighting thing.
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby Anoldhuntersc » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:52 am

When I was in high school a buddy and I were fishing in a small creek one weekend. As we drifted around a bend,not 20 yards from us,was a woman in another boat taking a leak. She was bunked over the side nothing but butt cheeks and beaver! Startled they cranked up to ease by and then we saw it was our English teacher! She hollered us Not a word! Can still see the look on hear face. Monday at school when we walked in again Not a word! We just laughed! For a few months ever now and then we would ask her You do any fishing this weekend? She would turn red smile,Not a word!
Anoldhuntersc
hunter

Postby t_baker » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:57 am

jaysweet3 wrote:This is not in the woods but in a cane field. We were out cutting cane for the blind. We get a little deeper in the field, further from the road, and find a cardboard box. All of a sudden, the box moves. ***? My buddy opens the box, a chicken jumps out.

Cock-in-a-box.
t_baker
hunter

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:00 am

Idaho Savage wrote:I forgot the most obvious thing I found.

That is Hilarious
:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :clapping:
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:02 am

t_baker wrote:
jaysweet3 wrote:This is not in the woods but in a cane field. We were out cutting cane for the blind. We get a little deeper in the field, further from the road, and find a cardboard box. All of a sudden, the box moves. ***? My buddy opens the box, a chicken jumps out.

Cock-in-a-box.

Jeopardy ....
What is, TBakers favorite Christmas gift.
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole