What would YOU do?

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

Re: What would YOU do?

Postby rank duck » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:06 am

Slack Tide wrote:
ctdeathfrombelow wrote:They all deserved to get run over! I watched a biker on 91 doing wheelies in the breakdown lane, he lost control and I saw him sheer his leg off on a guard rail, I kept driving. Stupid games = stupid prizes!

You should have gone back and stole his freakin leg.....

Exactly. Because hey.. free leg!
- THIS SPACE FOR RENT -
rank duck
hunter

Postby T Man » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:55 am

ctdeathfrombelow wrote:They all deserved to get run over! I watched a biker on 91 doing wheelies in the breakdown lane, he lost control and I saw him sheer his leg off on a guard rail, I kept driving. Stupid games = stupid prizes!

A decent human would have stopped to assist. Sheering off his leg and not stopping the femoral artery hemorrhage can cause death in minutes, but hey, he mildly inconvenienced you so he deserved it. :thumbsup:

As far as the bikers stopping the Rover and what I would do:

I would do my best to not get myself into a situation like that, (and I am not saying the driver egged it on) however, IF confronted with a situation like that, I would run like the driver did. If I felt my life was in danger, I would have no qualms "moving" the people boxing me in. During the chase, the driver wasn't driving defensively enough, and allowed the bikers to pass him. If this wasn't enough, he got off the highway and drove himself into a choke point. I drive a slightly lifted 2500 4x4, and would be damned if I would allow my vehicle to stop moving. Years ago, my grandpa was being followed home after he closed his restaurant by someone trying to rob him. Instead of driving home and opening himself up to a robbery there, he simply drove to the police station and laid on the horn. The driver should have stayed on the highway doing his best not to put other motorists in danger, and alerted the police about his direction of travel and the threat at hand.

It is easy to armchair quarterback something like this and say "I would have done this or that" but the panic of a driver who is untrained in driving out of situations like this has to be considered. I can see how he thought that a more populated area like downtown may have been safer.
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby Slack Tide » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:06 am

whisperin' duck wrote:I watched n read about this today. I hope they get plate numbers off that video and arrest all of them for as many violations as possible.

They said "we are looking for suspects in shiny helmets with the Guyana flag on the back".....
Ya' think?
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:09 am

possumfoot wrote:only question i have is did the range rover not have reverse?? be damned if i came to a stop

Right?
Gun it, then pound the brakes while swerving right.....do it again and sweeeeerve left....do that all the way to the precinct (or Bellview)....worst thing he did was get off the highway....
wait till the guy in the RR comes out....I guarantee it's going to be some hipster-metro-sexual or a Hassidic guy....I'm throwin that theory up to come back to later
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:13 am

Slack Tide wrote:
possumfoot wrote:I guarantee it's going to be some hipster-metro-sexual or a Hassidic guy....I'm throwin that theory up to come back to later

30 year old Asian guy.
A year from now, you'll wish you had started today.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:17 am

Botiz630 wrote:
Slack Tide wrote:
possumfoot wrote:I guarantee it's going to be some hipster-metro-sexual or a Hassidic guy....I'm throwin that theory up to come back to later

30 year old Asian guy.

Same thing.
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:34 am

You got a point there actually....
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby jehler » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:51 am

I would have got it of my truck and kicked some ass, there was only like 500 of them
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy

Postby T Man » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:57 am

jehler wrote:I would have got it of my truck and kicked some ass, there was only like 500 of them

Not all of us have your superpowers.
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby Underradar » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:45 am

Try that crap with me, its gonna look like the front yard of the Alamo, 1836.
My lab died, and no one on Duckhuntingchat even cared.

Google I'm feeling lucky: DU biologist stole my car

You may win a fight, but you can never win an argument.
Underradar
hunter

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:55 am

T Man wrote:
jehler wrote:I would have got it of my truck and kicked some ass, there was only like 500 of them

Not all of us have your superpowers.

Nor do we have your midget army in our trunk.
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby King Eider » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:08 am

Underradar wrote:Try that crap with me, its gonna look like the front yard of the Alamo, 1836.

You representing any of these fine citizens? :hi:
King Eider
hunter

Postby whisperin' duck » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:09 am

possumfoot wrote:only question i have is did the range rover not have reverse?? be damned if i came to a stop

I asked the same thing when I saw it.
LadyK wrote:Ya know, day to day, government collapse, zombie apocalypse. A woman's job never changes. :lol3:
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby OmegaRed » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:14 am

Kind of difficult to tell what the entire situation was. Regardless of how it started, the bikers were riding like douches. Same token, the RR guy deserves to get beat for running people over. If I was in that group and someone ramped off multiple bikes, someone would be getting chased down.

Trying riding a bike around cars and see if that changes any of your minds. People in general, in all vehicles, drive like idiots with no regard for others safety
Locked&Loaded wrote:
Ohio- what would it run me to have you drop by to rape my dog and set this boat on fire?
OmegaRed
Fabio

Postby aunt betty » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:20 am

You try backing up on a freeway/highway in traffic.
You have to assume it was gridlock behind the "event".
Think a minute...

Imagine a six lane full of bikers in rush hour traffic. You gotta go to L.A. to see stuff like that. Huge biker gangs...not scooters but hogs.
You hear them long before you see em coming.
Red can testify I bet.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Postby sprigs4days » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:59 am

I would have led them to a friend of mines bar and invited them in for a cold one.

"Three can keep a secret, if two are dead"
sprigs4days
hunter

Postby whisperin' duck » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:02 am

aunt betty wrote:

You try backing up on a freeway/highway in traffic.
You have to assume it was gridlock behind the "event".
Think a minute...

Imagine a six lane full of bikers in rush hour traffic. You gotta go to L.A. to see stuff like that. Huge biker gangs...not scooters but hogs.
You hear them long before you see em coming.
Red can testify I bet.

I was talking about the end when they beat his glass in and jerked him out of the truck
LadyK wrote:Ya know, day to day, government collapse, zombie apocalypse. A woman's job never changes. :lol3:
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:24 am

If I were in my state, I'd have atleast 2 different firearms inside my truck and 1 on my person. They would be ready to go if I were to stop or be stopped. If I were in New York, probably stay on the freeway flooring it until I pass a state trooper or highway patrol.
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:25 am

We're not allowed to judge. That's God's job. We're just a bunch of duck hunters. :yes:

I do feel that it's messed up that an animal has a right to fight for it's life but humans don't.
If the Range Rover driver was a panda bear we'd all be judging the situation much differently.
aunt betty

Postby aunt betty » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:30 am

JuniorPre 360 wrote:If I were in my state, I'd have atleast 2 different firearms inside my truck and 1 on my person. They would be ready to go if I were to stop or be stopped. If I were in New York, probably stay on the freeway flooring it until I pass a state trooper or highway patrol.
18 rounds, 500 attackers. Seems like a good plan to me.@ :thumbsup:
aunt betty

Postby Slack Tide » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:44 am

OmegaRed wrote: the RR guy deserves to get beat for running people over.

That's just crazy man....obviously you are looking at this through the lens of a responsible biker who may have been on similar runs with your boys and had to deal with discourteous drivers.
To that I say two things:
1) When you guys are out on a ride to go slow in uniformity to be together and cruise, and I am on my way to get somewhere, I am not interested in you objective to smell the roses and be with your buddies...YOU be courteous and stay to the right so the rest of us with somewhere to be can get there.
2) These guys were animals who would have beaten the guy sooner had he stopped sooner..they feel entitled and use bully tactics then attack en mass when you dare assert yourself (beep, 911 or yell out the window)...When this nerd got boxed in, it was fight or flight...it was not brazen, macho BS...the guy said " I am outta here" as you see many of said we would do..me included...
I have zero sympathy for any of those AHoles
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:49 am

Aunt Betty 18 rounds would stop them, Hell Wyatt Earp stopped a whole lynch mob with 12 rounds. LOL That idiot with the helmet knocking that glass out would of crapped all over himself, if he would have been starring down the barrel of a Colt 1911
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
State Moderator

Postby Underradar » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:00 am

I haven't seen the video. Are the bikers black? Yall describe them as if they are.
Last edited by Underradar on Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
My lab died, and no one on Duckhuntingchat even cared.

Google I'm feeling lucky: DU biologist stole my car

You may win a fight, but you can never win an argument.
Underradar
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:02 am

Im on the bikers side :scooter:
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:16 am

OGblackcloud wrote:Im on the bikers side :scooter:

Not possible
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole