What would YOU do?

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, #1wingnut

Re: What would YOU do?

Postby OGblackcloud » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:21 am

Slack Tide wrote:
OGblackcloud wrote:Im on the bikers side :scooter:

Not possible

Is too !
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:52 am

this is peer pressure.....the guy with the crushed spine that wont walk again....was NOT the initial guy hit buy the SUV, he came and got involved and was in front of the SUV when his"buddies" started being criminals and damaging the SUV!! the guy that started the whole mess is the guy that was jawing at the drivers side door for several seconds, then PULLED IN FRONT AND SLOWED to make the SUV hit him.....that guy initiated the whole mess....and then when he gets bumped and falls, all his "BUDDIES" think they are coming to help him out!!! he caused his own accident!!! we cant see on the video what kind of things the mob is doing to the SUV or the occupants to warrant hitting the brakes and driving over all thos epeople and motorcycles in front of him.......but no matter what, all those injured and who had damaged bikes can thank the idiot who started the mess.

IT was NOT an accident.........it was a pompous motorcyclist who started a gun fight with a knife!!!!!!!!!
at the 4 second mark you can see the biker with the white helment looking into the SUVs window and then he drove along side engaged in some kind of communication, then he pulls in front and hits the brakes

here is a screen grab of the "guy that got hit" he is looking right at the driver while he is on the brakes waiting for him to hit him..idiot!!Image

yeah we can all say the guy in the SUV should have just delt with the damage his car was taking and then call the police afterwards...but since we cant see all the things the bikers were doing we don't know exactly what forced him to his decision to hit the gas.

the tool
Last edited by toolmaker on Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
favorite quote: We constantly dont do things this way
toolmaker
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:14 am

What forced him to hit the gas was his intelligence and instinct kicking in and reading the situation properly...all the evidence is that the guy in the RR was an upstanding, successful, young dad on a Sunday ride with his wife and newborn. All evidence also points to the bikers as thugs and degenerates who were brazenly antagonizing this guy and everyone else around them...
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby 18javelin » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:26 am

These bike Krews do this to Stop traffic even on busy freeways to HOST a Race or a Trick sequenece, usually only last a few minutes then they move on.... Totally the Bikers fault in this, however the videos always start and stop not showing the true beginning or End... what we do see there needs to be some bikers serving their time upstate....

Had I been the dad cant say I would have done anything different except I would have been knocking them over everytime they tried to get close after the incidence. After a few miles they wouldn't dare get close to my SUV. All considering I lived in NYC and Couldn't own a gun... If it happened here after a few shots they would have all took off.
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
18javelin
hunter

Postby possumfoot » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:41 am

aunt betty wrote:
possumfoot wrote:only question i have is did the range rover not have reverse?? be damned if i came to a stop

You try backing up on a freeway/highway in traffic.
You have to assume it was gridlock behind the "event".
Think a minute...

Imagine a six lane full of bikers in rush hour traffic. it would become a 6 lane covered in broken bikes and shattered bodies if i felt my life was in danger.. not to mention wife and child.. You gotta go to L.A. to see stuff like that. Huge biker gangs...not scooters but hogs.
You hear them long before you see em coming.
Red can testify I bet.

betty, you seem like a pretty decent guy, but good lord your reading comprehension needs work.. would i back down the free way, hell no, if i wanted to go that direction, i would pull a U-turn and drive that way.. but if forward was no longer an option, and there were a bunch of angry POS's, you can bet on it that i'll be going back wards.. if forward is not an option and back is blocked, it would look like some bumper cars up in there..
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:02 pm

aunt betty wrote:
JuniorPre 360 wrote:If I were in my state, I'd have atleast 2 different firearms inside my truck and 1 on my person. They would be ready to go if I were to stop or be stopped. If I were in New York, probably stay on the freeway flooring it until I pass a state trooper or highway patrol.
18 rounds, 500 attackers. Seems like a good plan to me.@ :thumbsup:

Honestly, I usually have something bigger with me while I am traveling that has a 40 and a 30 rounder and a 75 (but I usually don't bring the drumb.) And I make sure I do it legally. I've been in a country with pirates, druglords, tribes that kill on the spot, and terrorists. The things I've seen them do makes me want to be prepared for the worst if it happens. I might not fend off all 500, but I have a better chance with "18" than 0.
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby i_willie12 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:10 pm

1 shot in the air when they walked up to the car and they would have scattered like cockroaches!!!!! I wouldnt have stopped either I'll be damned if they get to my family
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
i_willie12
hunter

Postby Coonrod » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:14 pm

No need for a gun when you have a 6,000 SUV vs. crotch rockets.
Using a gun would guarantee you'd not see your kid or wife for a
long time.
Coonrod
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:20 pm

true, thanks to jerks like BLOOMBERG, if you even mentioned the word gun, youd probably go to jail..... the SUV operator would have to have been a criminal to have any loaded gun in his vehicle > Commissioner Kelly talked a great talk about the drive of the SUV fearing for his family and leaning towards he being an innocent forced to action.,..but.....if he had pulled a gun...Commish, Kelly would be singing a different tune....I cant believe in all those miles the SUV couldn't find a cop car!

the tool
toolmaker
hunter

Postby i_willie12 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:53 pm

Coonrod wrote:No need for a gun when you have a 6,000 SUV vs. crotch rockets.
Using a gun would guarantee you'd not see your kid or wife for a
long time.

Maybe in NY but in MO "immenate fear of life or personal harm to ones self or other persons" covers me there!! Now it would be a court case i'm sure but.. dirty bags breaking windows on the car my family is in...
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
i_willie12
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:03 pm

JuniorPre 360 wrote:
aunt betty wrote:
JuniorPre 360 wrote:If I were in my state, I'd have atleast 2 different firearms inside my truck and 1 on my person. They would be ready to go if I were to stop or be stopped. If I were in New York, probably stay on the freeway flooring it until I pass a state trooper or highway patrol.
18 rounds, 500 attackers. Seems like a good plan to me.@ :thumbsup:

Honestly, I usually have something bigger with me while I am traveling that has a 40 and a 30 rounder and a 75 (but I usually don't bring the drumb.) And I make sure I do it legally. I've been to DETROIT AND CHICAGO The things I've seen them do makes me want to be prepared for the worst if it happens. I might not fend off all 500, but I have a better chance with "18" than 0.

FIFY Junior :wink:
Lonely wives, dirty trucks , and happy dogs.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:41 pm

The "I'd just discharge a firearm and they'd scatter like roaches " argument dont fly.
Hundreds of bikers and we all know bikers never carry firearms.@

Wyatt Erp woulda ....been shot my a gang of bikers.

Sorry pf. Calm down. Nobody can win here.
I really dont care what any of the respoders say they "would have done".

Can we either LOCK THIS THREAD OR MOVE IT TO C.I. FORUM
PLEASE?

Its not pretty seeing friends arguing over something we all have no control over.

I am sorry if I have offended anyone.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Postby Tim Terrell » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:52 pm

jaysweet3 wrote:These groups do this nonsense to raise awareness for motorcyclists. They take over the streets and bunch up traffic. Bicyclists do the same thing. It's called critical mass. They were doing it a couple times a summer in Chicago. I wanted to do the drive through. I got caught in the pack. I saw some prick putting some environmental stickers on the doors and hoods of SUVs. Wanted to ram that bastard. I understand why someone would plow through.

Same thing--"Critical Mass"-- staged here in Bloomington (IN) some years ago. They picked a Friday at 5pm and decided to disrupt Indiana Avenue/IU campus traffic. Some guy on a bike leaned into a woman's car-window and tried to turn-off her ignition. She maced him for his efforts... and he tried to press charges. (No case there.) She was on her way--and running late--to pick up her kids. He's lucky she didn't kill him.
Lesson here is NEVER get between a momma grizzly and her cubs. (wink)
Tim Terrell
hunter

Postby Professor_Leakey » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:14 pm

whisperin' duck wrote:I hope they get plate numbers off that video and arrest all of them for as many violations as possible.

i have not watched the full video...ive seen little bits of it on the news. one thing i came across, and i do not have the link, was that all or some of the bikers had removed their license plates prior to heading out on their cruise. maybe somebody else heard this too? if it is true, seems like they were headed out intent on causing trouble. i do not know the whole story but from what i have seen, i cannot blame the SUV driver trying to get his family out of danger.
DuckPharm wrote:I'm talking about the pie billed goldeneye.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:33 pm

I know Harley guys who put painters tape over their plates when they do toy runs or Vet events.....so they don't get pinched on red light cams when they parade through the reds...
not the same as these animals...this reminds me of Escape from NY
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby WTN10 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:04 pm

The dude in the hospital and in jail sure kept it real an protected their street cred.
2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
WTN10
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:13 pm

WTN10 wrote:The dude in the hospital and in jail sure kept it real an protected their street cred.

Word!.....
although as cockroaches do...they scatter when the lights turn on....Jay Nizzle (or whatever his pseudonym is) has already said that he does not know any of the other bikers and was merely on a casual ride himself...and was thankful that the other riders came to his aid when HE was attacked by the RR
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:01 pm

one of the bikers in the video just kept reminding me of someone... I am sure now that he was in a crowd of bikers that i passed and then passed me several times on I95 in greenwhich and stamford CT last summer. there were about 20 or more of them,. I am sure they were mostly black guys some with Gfs on the back...and that guys outfit and helmet and hair looks like one of them. he was the guy that got off his bike at the end of the video and punched the back window with his fist, while the other guy smashed in the drivers window with a helmet.

they actually pulled off on a rest area when i did, and were all over the place going the wrong way and across the parking lot....they had big bikes...all of them....some wore colors...they would speed up and slow down...but it would be miles in between.....not like on the video.......traffic was moving at 75 plus all around...i really thought one oif them would buy the farm that night.....because they were changing positions and lanes en mass that probably covered 1/4 mile.

the tool
toolmaker
hunter

Postby bighop » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:13 am

OGblackcloud wrote::scooter:

Haven't seen DJJ in a while. Was he in that group?
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
bighop
Sugar Daddy

Postby Slack Tide » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:03 am

toolmaker wrote:one of the bikers in the video just kept reminding me of someone... I am sure now that he was in a crowd of bikers that i passed and then passed me several times on I95 in greenwhich and stamford CT last summer. there were about 20 or more of them,. I am sure they were mostly black guys some with Gfs on the back...and that guys outfit and helmet and hair looks like one of them. he was the guy that got off his bike at the end of the video and punched the back window with his fist, while the other guy smashed in the drivers window with a helmet.
they actually pulled off on a rest area when i did, and were all over the place going the wrong way and across the parking lot....they had big bikes...all of them....some wore colors...they would speed up and slow down...but it would be miles in between.....not like on the video.......traffic was moving at 75 plus all around...i really thought one oif them would buy the farm that night.....because they were changing positions and lanes en mass that probably covered 1/4 mile.
he tool

Now ya see Tool!....had you performed YOUR civic duty that day and swerved to take that guy out, this never would have happened to the couple in the RR...
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:16 am

Slack Tide wrote:
toolmaker wrote:one of the bikers in the video just kept reminding me of someone... I am sure now that he was in a crowd of bikers that i passed and then passed me several times on I95 in greenwhich and stamford CT last summer. there were about 20 or more of them,. I am sure they were mostly black guys some with Gfs on the back...and that guys outfit and helmet and hair looks like one of them. he was the guy that got off his bike at the end of the video and punched the back window with his fist, while the other guy smashed in the drivers window with a helmet.
he tool

Now ya see Tool!....had you performed YOUR civic duty that day and swerved to take that guy out, this never would have happened to the couple in the RR...

funny you say that, because ethat dude ( if it is the same guy) is actually the guy that police were looking for and he turned himself in . but after talking to them and viewing non biker photos and interviewing witnesses, they let him go!! and it was actually mentioned he helped get the attack on the driver stopped!! go figure.....at least that's according to one article I read.

tic toc, hunting season is almost on us buddy!! the woodies are everywhere!!!!!!

the tool
toolmaker
hunter

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:24 am

WTN10 wrote:The dude in the hospital and in jail sure kept it real an protected their street cred.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby rank duck » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:31 am

- THIS SPACE FOR RENT -
rank duck
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:12 pm

The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby aunt betty » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:05 am

What would I have done?
I would have started a thread in the HH and asked you guys what to do while the bikers tore into my truck. :sarcmark:
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole