WARNING TO ALL

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

Re: WARNING TO ALL

Postby t_baker » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:39 pm

wanapasaki wrote:Yup lesson learned, guilt was admitted! Betcha you could have made the same mistake! :thumbsup:

Doubtful, I don't borrow. Good way to get screwed or someone else feel screwed. If I don't have it and want it, I go get it.
t_baker
hunter

Postby MNkid7 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:39 pm

Swamp Gas wrote:That sucks. An honest mistake.

The first thing I do when I load up is to try and fit a 4th shell in. I'm far from perfect, just sayin. I also check the bore for obstructions and if shooting a gun with a choke tube I'll make sure it's tight.

X2 I always try the 4th shell even if I checked my plug the night before, I guess it's just a habit.
MNkid7
hunter

Postby luie b » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:45 pm

I've always wondered, can you get in trouble and get ticketed if your buddy is hunting illegal without you knowing it (4th shell, lead shot, etc.)? I've heard before it's possible...
luie b
hunter

Postby Cujo1 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:47 pm

luie b wrote:I've always wondered, can you get in trouble and get ticketed if your buddy is hunting illegal without you knowing it (4th shell, lead shot, etc.)? I've heard before it's possible...

No, but that doesn't mean they won't write you and you have to defend yourself in court.
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:20 pm

deliriousII wrote:
Botiz630 wrote:
deliriousII wrote: No citation but had to stop hunting for the day and was able to get a plug before the next weekend.

Get a plug before the next weekend? You mean he bought one? I've broken a twig and used cut off pencils before. I would have had that gun plugged in 5 minutes.

We hunt in very soft bottomed marshland with no hardwood trees around....he only hunts on the weekends

I carry a zip lock with a couple old pencils inda boat just for this reason....
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby JoJer » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:36 pm

Only (F&G) ticket I've ever gotten. Dove hunting. Mossberg 20 ga I bought for my kid to use, I decided to take it next day. When I looked at it, I couldn't figure out how to get a plug in it and still be able to get it out again from that little tiny bolt hole. So, never having EVER seen F&G in the field, I just blew it off. 'Course, next day, you-know-who is waiting for us at the car. Long story short, He said he'd make it a warning if I plugged it right then. I yanked a stick off a bush on the side off the road that I'm still using 20 years later.
JoJer
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:33 pm

t_baker wrote:
wanapasaki wrote:Yup lesson learned, guilt was admitted! Betcha you could have made the same mistake! :thumbsup:

Doubtful, I don't borrow. Good way to get screwed or someone else feel screwed. If I don't have it and want it, I go get it.

Congrats Baker :clapping: I was driving through on my way home. Can't have a firearm in a company vehicle :thumbsup:
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby LTMFH » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:37 am

I have this problem every season. I shoot 4 shots at a flock of Ducks. GW comes fling up with his ticket book out, I hand him my gun. He hands it back shaking his head. I shoot an O/U with two extra shells between my fingers in my Forend hand.
Marathon Maniacs Member #9135
LTMFH
hunter

Postby OmegaRed » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:51 am

Obviously you've never watched "The Ghost and The Darkness"
quacknstack6 wrote:
I'm as good once as I ever was isn't your theme song OG. I hate to burst your bubble.
OmegaRed
Fabio

Postby OGblackcloud » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:05 pm

OmegaRed wrote:Obviously you've never watched "The Ghost and The Darkness"

I used to watch Casper does that count
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby spoonysmaker » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:12 pm

My pops did the same thing to me. Needless to say he paid that $250 ticket...
spoonysmaker
hunter

Postby Tealer » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:15 pm

OGblackcloud wrote:

What about beetlejuice?
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby OmegaRed » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:18 am

OGblackcloud wrote:

The cartoon or the movie with Christina Ricci? Wax dat ***
quacknstack6 wrote:
I'm as good once as I ever was isn't your theme song OG. I hate to burst your bubble.
OmegaRed
Fabio

Postby shoveler_shooter » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:09 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:All you guys must be crappy shots to need 3 shooters. :devil:

Nope, I just like getting triples and quadruples. :tongue:
UmatillaJeff wrote:This load would drop ducks and geese like thors hammer in my hands, I would bet the equity in my house on it.
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby dakotashooter2 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:58 pm

deliriousII wrote:The fourth shell thing happened to a guy on our lease. He's a pretty old fella and always followed the rules. Hunting with the same gun he has used for 20 years and the gw shows up. Mr. green jeans tries really hard and finally gets a 4th shell in. Older fella knew plug was in so took the gun apart to find that the plug had cracked on a 45 degree angle and was pushed up on itself just enough to get the 4th in. No citation but had to stop hunting for the day and was able to get a plug before the next weekend.

It was probably Mr. Green Jeans that cracked it trying to jamb the fourth (don't you mean third) shell in the tube. I would have asked him to cycle the gun after he got the extra shell in . Generally if the fit is that tight it will tie up the gun.

FYI a couple of 3" shells in the tube between the spring and the magazine cap make for an effective emergency plug.

I never have to worry about it. I just shoot doubles.........
dakotashooter2
hunter

Postby BBK » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:13 pm

I have a question that I am surprised nobody has asked yet!

Why did he need FOUR shells for turkey? Only takes one.
BBK
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:29 pm

BBK wrote:I have a question that I am surprised nobody has asked yet!

Why did he need FOUR shells for turkey? Only takes one.

He's not much of a hunter. Usually does it when I come around Montana or one of his buddies goes. He is in a perfect place for it, and I am not lol
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Previous

Return to The Honey Hole