Winter Storm "Atlas"; 12-18" of snow...

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Winter Storm "Atlas"; 12-18" of snow...

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:09 am

A very early winter storm with this next front.....gotta be birds on the move with it. Dem tealz better have flight feather by now!! :lol3: SoDak. might even get a little snow with this one...
http://www.weather.com/news/weather-winter/winter-storm-atlas-forecast-20131001
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56839
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana


Re: Winter Storm "Atlas"; 12-18" of snow...

Postby Rick Hall » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:17 am

Indaswamp wrote:Dem tealz better have flight feather by now!!


On another board Larry noted that when a friend doing the specklebelly survey in Saskatchewan was told to shut it down earlier this week for the government foolishness he made a quick hunt before heading home - and shot bluewings.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
User avatar
Rick Hall
hunter
 
Posts: 13527
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:03 pm

Re: Winter Storm "Atlas"; 12-18" of snow...

Postby Underradar » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:06 am

Really? Who believes anything Larry says?
My lab died, and no one on Duckhuntingchat even cared.

Google I'm feeling lucky: DU biologist stole my car

You may win a fight, but you can never win an argument.
User avatar
Underradar
hunter
 
Posts: 5166
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:09 pm
Location: Rut Coon, LA

Re: Winter Storm "Atlas"; 12-18" of snow...

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:42 am

I wish that storm would move a few hundred miles east into Ontario.
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
User avatar
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter
 
Posts: 8272
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:30 pm
Location: Back in SW MICHIGAN

Re: Winter Storm "Atlas"; 12-18" of snow...

Postby go get the bird » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:43 am

I get my weather forcasts from this guy:
MackieKnife wrote:The moral of the story is...I'm retarded.
User avatar
go get the bird
hunter
 
Posts: 3292
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:12 pm

Re: Winter Storm "Atlas"; 12-18" of snow...

Postby MarkM » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:48 am

Hopefully it freezes everywhere north, south, east & west of me. I would be a happy camper.
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..


Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....


:lol3: I am!
User avatar
MarkM
hunter
 
Posts: 2429
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Waco, TX

Re: Winter Storm "Atlas"; 12-18" of snow...

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:50 am

MarkM wrote:Hopefully it freezes everywhere north, south, east & west of me. I would be a happy camper.


If it freezes in Mexico, I dont think you will be a happy camper for long.
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
User avatar
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter
 
Posts: 8272
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:30 pm
Location: Back in SW MICHIGAN

Re: Winter Storm "Atlas"; 12-18" of snow...

Postby MarkM » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:58 am

WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:
MarkM wrote:Hopefully it freezes everywhere north, south, east & west of me. I would be a happy camper.


If it freezes in Mexico, I dont think you will be a happy camper for long.
They are already overtaking Texas, might as well make it easier for them so they can just walk on the ice instead of wade through the river, ride in the trailer of an 18 wheeler, etc..
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..


Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....


:lol3: I am!
User avatar
MarkM
hunter
 
Posts: 2429
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Waco, TX

Re: Winter Storm "Atlas"; 12-18" of snow...

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:08 am

MarkM wrote:
WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:
MarkM wrote:Hopefully it freezes everywhere north, south, east & west of me. I would be a happy camper.


If it freezes in Mexico, I dont think you will be a happy camper for long.
They are already overtaking Texas, might as well make it easier for them so they can just walk on the ice instead of wade through the river, ride in the trailer of an 18 wheeler, etc..


I was thinking in more of Ice Age terms.
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
User avatar
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter
 
Posts: 8272
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:30 pm
Location: Back in SW MICHIGAN

Re: Winter Storm "Atlas"; 12-18" of snow...

Postby i_willie12 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:27 am

Ha my mom and cousin are in Casper area on a archaeology dig right now..... They better be getting out!!!! :eek: :eek:


what is this thing :sarcmark: :huh:
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
User avatar
i_willie12
hunter
 
Posts: 4278
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:42 am
Location: Marshall MO

Re: Winter Storm "Atlas"; 12-18" of snow...

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:29 am

i_willie12 wrote:

what is this thing :sarcmark: :huh:


Symbol for Sarcasm
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
User avatar
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter
 
Posts: 8272
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:30 pm
Location: Back in SW MICHIGAN

Re: Winter Storm "Atlas"; 12-18" of snow...

Postby go get the bird » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:30 am

WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:
i_willie12 wrote:

what is this thing :sarcmark: :huh:


Symbol for Sarcasm


It means Underradar in lawyer speak.
MackieKnife wrote:The moral of the story is...I'm retarded.
User avatar
go get the bird
hunter
 
Posts: 3292
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:12 pm

Re: Winter Storm "Atlas"; 12-18" of snow...

Postby Rick Hall » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:52 am

Underradar wrote:Really? Who believes anything Larry says?


Me.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
User avatar
Rick Hall
hunter
 
Posts: 13527
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:03 pm

Re: Winter Storm "Atlas"; 12-18" of snow...

Postby Montanafowler » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:34 am

snowing here today, was supposed to hit last night. it's not as big as they predicted.
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
User avatar
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 6650
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:54 pm
Location: Livingston, Montana

Re: Winter Storm "Atlas"; 12-18" of snow...

Postby possumfoot » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:50 am

Rick Hall wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:Dem tealz better have flight feather by now!!


On another board Larry noted that when a friend doing the specklebelly survey in Saskatchewan was told to shut it down earlier this week for the government foolishness he made a quick hunt before heading home - and shot bluewings.



what does the speck count look like???
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.


pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
User avatar
possumfoot
hunter
 
Posts: 5535
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:13 pm
Location: making sesbania my bitch

Re: Winter Storm "Atlas"; 12-18" of snow...

Postby Rick Hall » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:01 am

Dunno. May have been curtailed too soon for so much as a guestimate, but I'll ask Larry if any was offered.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
User avatar
Rick Hall
hunter
 
Posts: 13527
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:03 pm

Re: Winter Storm "Atlas"; 12-18" of snow...

Postby possumfoot » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:04 am

thanks.. at this point, i'm just looking for a "good, average, below average".
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.


pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
User avatar
possumfoot
hunter
 
Posts: 5535
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:13 pm
Location: making sesbania my bitch

Re: Winter Storm "Atlas"; 12-18" of snow...

Postby Rick Hall » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:02 pm

Per Larry, "I was calling to ask him to be a judge for the Louisiana State Duck Stamp Contest coming up Oct. 23; I caught him in the airport; and I didn't ask .....

"Because of the earlier-than-average ice-out on the breeding grounds, we are expecting better production and an increased population. The harvest regulations are based on a 3-year average from that Saskatchewan survey, so it shouldn't be too big a deal if one survey is incomplete. But that late in September, they should have been pretty much done."
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
User avatar
Rick Hall
hunter
 
Posts: 13527
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:03 pm

Re: Winter Storm "Atlas"; 12-18" of snow...

Postby possumfoot » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:48 pm

Rick Hall wrote:Per Larry, "I was calling to ask him to be a judge for the Louisiana State Duck Stamp Contest coming up Oct. 23; I caught him in the airport; and I didn't ask .....

"Because of the earlier-than-average ice-out on the breeding grounds, we are expecting better production and an increased population. The harvest regulations are based on a 3-year average from that Saskatchewan survey, so it shouldn't be too big a deal if one survey is incomplete. But that late in September, they should have been pretty much done."



thanks!! sounds like decent news..
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.


pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
User avatar
possumfoot
hunter
 
Posts: 5535
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:13 pm
Location: making sesbania my bitch

Re: Winter Storm "Atlas"; 12-18" of snow...

Postby MarkM » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:43 pm

possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..


Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....


:lol3: I am!
User avatar
MarkM
hunter
 
Posts: 2429
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Waco, TX

Re: Winter Storm "Atlas"; 12-18" of snow...

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:46 pm

MarkM wrote:http://www.seattlepi.com/news/us/article/Snow-buries-SD-Wyo-as-storms-threaten-Midwest-4868690.php



THEY CANCELED THE BAR CRAWL :crying:
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill
User avatar
OHIODUCKA5
hunter
 
Posts: 12496
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Winter Storm "Atlas"; 12-18" of snow...

Postby MarkM » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:00 pm

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
MarkM wrote:http://www.seattlepi.com/news/us/article/Snow-buries-SD-Wyo-as-storms-threaten-Midwest-4868690.php



THEY CANCELED THE BAR CRAWL :crying:

People everywhere in South Dakota are committing suicide because they can't go to the wiener dog races and polka bar crawl. The highlight of the year I am sure.
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..


Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....


:lol3: I am!
User avatar
MarkM
hunter
 
Posts: 2429
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Waco, TX

Re: Winter Storm "Atlas"; 12-18" of snow...

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:07 pm

MarkM wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
MarkM wrote:http://www.seattlepi.com/news/us/article/Snow-buries-SD-Wyo-as-storms-threaten-Midwest-4868690.php



THEY CANCELED THE BAR CRAWL :crying:

People everywhere in South Dakota are committing suicide because they can't go to the wiener dog races and polka bar crawl. The highlight of the year I am sure.


What else is there to do in South Dakota other than hunt and go to the wiener dog races
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill
User avatar
OHIODUCKA5
hunter
 
Posts: 12496
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Winter Storm "Atlas"; 12-18" of snow...

Postby Montanafowler » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:29 pm

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
MarkM wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
MarkM wrote:http://www.seattlepi.com/news/us/article/Snow-buries-SD-Wyo-as-storms-threaten-Midwest-4868690.php



THEY CANCELED THE BAR CRAWL :crying:

People everywhere in South Dakota are committing suicide because they can't go to the wiener dog races and polka bar crawl. The highlight of the year I am sure.


What else is there to do in South Dakota other than hunt and go to the wiener dog races


bitch about how ketchup is spicy?
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
User avatar
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 6650
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:54 pm
Location: Livingston, Montana

Re: Winter Storm "Atlas"; 12-18" of snow...

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:48 am

The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56839
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Next

Return to The Honey Hole

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: sprigs4days and 17 guests