this week just sucks

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

this week just sucks

Postby Professor_Leakey » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:43 am

feel free to vent about any stuff you got going on. me, i woke up tuesday morning to find a tree had come down over night and dented up my hood. it was already overdue for inspection and needed some brake work so i dropped it at the mechanic and said make it pass. $900 worth of work done, nothing at all to do with the dented hood. they said the hood would stay latched and wont fly up. insurance wont cover it...neither auto or my homeowners. picked it up yesterday.

last night noticed my dog is acting a little off and drooling thick clear mucus. this morning she still isnt right. i get her under a light and look in her mouth and the base of her tongue is all swollen. had to call in to work and take her to the animal ER. they admitted her and are gonna be sedating her in the next hour to get a closer look. they suspect an abscess but it could be more than that. im sweating it out now waiting to hear back. what a sucky past few days!
I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Re: this week just sucks

Postby cluckmeister » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:50 am

professor my week sucked last week, Started out by going down to get the front tires balanced on the wifes car, ended up with four new tires and a brake job. Then the next day the timer went out of my lawn sprinkler system control unit and had to have it replaced, then the gas fireplace pilot light went out and ended up paying for a service call plus parts to fix it, when it rains it pours.

BTW sincerely hope your dog gets better
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
State Moderator

Postby Professor_Leakey » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:56 am

thanks...the dog is all i really care about at the moment. the truck isnt even on my radar. i hate sweating it out waiting for the vet to call. they should be sedating her any time now to take a look. the vet, super hot european woman by the way, said it could be simply draining an abscess and getting her on antibiotics. could also be something that requires a biopsy or possibly a CT scan. she was leaning more towards a simple abscess but cant give me a definitive answer until they sedate her. i hate waiting for the phone to ring. just need to kill some time.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Postby GomerPyle » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:02 am

I haven't slept more than 2-3hrs/night for the last 3 nights because Gomer Jr has someone gotten "Hand Foot & Mouth", for which there is no treatment, only let it run it's course for 7-10 days. It sucks because it's extremely painful for them and makes them miserable and as a parent, there's literally nothing you can do. Monday was absolutely brutal. the last 2 haven't been quite as bad.

Oh, and did I mention we have a 2-week old as well? so, as soon as we finally get one to sleep, the other would wake up screaming (Gomer Jr screaming from pain, and the baby screaming b/c of wanting a bottle)
At the advice of my attorney, I issue the following disclaimer:

"This post may or may not be intended as humor and/or sarcasm and does not necessarily reflect the actual views of the poster."
GomerPyle
hunter

Postby i_willie12 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:10 am

you guys need a drink!
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
i_willie12
hunter

Postby Professor_Leakey » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:12 am

best of luck with Gomer Jr and the little one (i meant to give my congrats on that before :beer: ).

vet just called...they they found some foreign matter lodged in the soft tissue under her tongue...some type of plant matter. they need to put her under full sedation, open it up some, then flush out all the material and clean out the puss etc. then there is a chance in the next couple weeks if it doesnt heal right that they will have to do another surgery...but the second surgery very well may not be necessary if this all heals up well. having to put her under full sedation is gonna bump today's bill up to right around $700. 2-day total on my wallet, $1600

so pretty much the big goof ate some type of plant or stick and got a long piece of it lodged in the soft tissue under her tongue. not sure if this will keep her out of commission for my season opener in 12 days. it might. i will ask the super hot vet.

again, best wishes to Gomer Jr to feel better soon. i dont have kids and i can only imagine how hard that is to go through.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:20 am

i_willie12 wrote:you guys need a drink!

#3 #4 #1 #2 Send them in twenty minute intervals . Don't want to burn myself out :thumbsup:
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:22 am

Sucks you have to spend the dough, but worth it to keep your sanity...
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby i_willie12 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:23 am

Looks #3 but.... #1 has that i will break you look! :yes: Send her in last to get the most out of your time!
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
i_willie12
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:24 am

Truck dented, brakes broken, and sick dog.
It happens in threes. Sorry leaky.

The brite side: three means smooth sailing ahead after you fix dents, breaks, and heal Fido.
Prayers sent. :thumbsup:
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:28 am

The short one, I'm all about that toe shes showing off
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby GomerPyle » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:30 am

give me #2....I have a thing for short girls. After I disappoint her, send in #3 so I can give her the greatest 14 seconds of her life.

Then, if I have any gas left in the tank, REPEAT.
At the advice of my attorney, I issue the following disclaimer:

"This post may or may not be intended as humor and/or sarcasm and does not necessarily reflect the actual views of the poster."
GomerPyle
hunter

Postby Professor_Leakey » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:36 am

can't decide. can't decide. brain anyeurism!!!

ok, gimme #4 but i want the other 3 dyking it out in the room at the same time. is that too much to ask?
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:02 am

Bud girls? I could not afford one days make-up for any one of them. Hair styling and silicon would kill me.
Maintenance is too high on them. Gimmee a redneck girl.
aunt betty

Postby Professor_Leakey » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:17 am

arrrggghh
Last edited by Professor_Leakey on Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:24 am

Good to hear she'll be OK. :thumbsup:
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:26 am

Glad to hear it leaky. Now back to the hot girls. Your truck is a ford even nature thinks they suck :wink:
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby Locked&Loaded » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:28 am

OGblackcloud wrote:

#3 #4 #1 #2 Send them in twenty minute intervals . Don't want to burn myself out :thumbsup:

You're going to need some back-up, brah. I'll start with #4 while youre keeping #3 occupied (making you a sammich).
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby t_baker » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:29 am

Locked&Loaded wrote:
OGblackcloud wrote:

You're going to need some back-up, brah. I'll start with #4 while youre keeping #3 occupied (making you a sammich).

Put the tits on #1 onto #3 and that is all I need.
t_baker
hunter

Postby Professor_Leakey » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:31 am

update: bad news she tore a salivary duct on hard piece of grain-type plant material. a long piece of it was lodged into and tore up the salivary duct. they cleaned it out and she is awake now. i can get her in an hour. for the next two weeks i have to watch her closely. it is possible the other salivary glands will take over and her body will do all the further repairs. it is also possible that another abscess will form, that the salivary duct will drain under the soft tissue, and that she will need a $1200 surgery to repair it.

so for the next two weeks i wait and see.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Postby Locked&Loaded » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:32 am

t_baker wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
OGblackcloud wrote:

Good call! #1 and #2 look like fun haters. #3 and #4 seem to be saying 'pick me!'
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:33 am

t_baker wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
OGblackcloud wrote:

#3 looks dumb. I don't want to explain how to make the sammich. Have #2 make the sammich she's a little thicker,she'd make a good sammich.

-Gene Hill

OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:34 am

Professor_Leakey wrote:update: bad news she tore a salivary duct on hard piece of grain-type plant material. a long piece of it was lodged into and tore up the salivary duct. they cleaned it out and she is awake now. i can get her in an hour. for the next two weeks i have to watch her closely. it is possible the other salivary glands will take over and her body will do all the further repairs. it is also possible that another abscess will form, that the salivary duct will drain under the soft tissue, and that she will need a $1200 surgery to repair it.

so for the next two weeks i wait and see.

Hope it works out for you buddy.

-Gene Hill

OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby 18javelin » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:43 am

Hope all is well with your pup Leaky, Mine is 6 days into a spay and she is getting active again. She lost some trust in us though my 2 year old walked past her while she was eating and she growled. Granted she was grumpy and on drugs but she got the boot to the kennel for good. installing underground fence next week. Makes me sad...

Amazing how much a guy puts into his dog isn't it, emotionally they rank right up there with Family. Good luck Leakys pup///
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
18javelin
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:50 am

The picture of the Bud girls...

Its spliced, photochopped. #1 and #2... that picture was taken when I said HI GIRLS!!! :biggrin:
Thats why they have stink-eye looks.
#3 and #4 were photographed after I said BYE GIRLS!!! :biggrin:
All smiles.
aunt betty

Next

Return to The Honey Hole