this week just sucks

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

Re: this week just sucks

Postby Bunker » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:51 pm

Cujo1 wrote:
Professor_Leakey wrote:well, at the end of the most craptacular week in quite a while, i decided to treat myself. the can is the dog's dinner. she cant eat kibble with her mouth all messed up. $7 lobstah

$7 lobstah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That son of a gun would cost $20 here and not be fresh!!!!!!! I need to move!!!!

How's the hound?


$7!!! Last I saw it was around $5 up by me! Maybe I should bring some for the 15th but mouth has been watering thinking bout the thai chix wings from last week! Also have some fresh wood duck breasts (if my kids don't eat em' 1st!) Ahhhhh decisions, decisions decisions!


Sent from my pocket pop-tart type thingy via Tapatalk
User avatar
Bunker
hunter
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:32 am
Location: The Bunk


Re: this week just sucks

Postby Cujo1 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:05 pm

Bunker wrote:
Cujo1 wrote:
Professor_Leakey wrote:well, at the end of the most craptacular week in quite a while, i decided to treat myself. the can is the dog's dinner. she cant eat kibble with her mouth all messed up. $7 lobstah

$7 lobstah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That son of a gun would cost $20 here and not be fresh!!!!!!! I need to move!!!!

How's the hound?


$7!!! Last I saw it was around $5 up by me! Maybe I should bring some for the 15th but mouth has been watering thinking bout the thai chix wings from last week! Also have some fresh wood duck breasts (if my kids don't eat em' 1st!) Ahhhhh decisions, decisions decisions!


Sent from my pocket pop-tart type thingy via Tapatalk

Bite me!
All turkeys must die!


bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
User avatar
Cujo1
hunter
 
Posts: 6305
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:52 pm
Location: Southern Illinois

Re: this week just sucks

Postby Professor_Leakey » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:07 pm

OGblackcloud wrote:
Professor_Leakey wrote:gonna start off the week by watching my team spank the bengals. :umm:

it is going to be a great sunday. :grooving: oh and thanks to the saints for beating up the dolphins. we will be beating you guys later this season.

Hope tomorrow is better since the Bengals won


i have to start with this. yes, the bengals kicked our butts today. they played a good game and we lost; our offense was offensive. i was cocky about it and we loss. let the beatings begin. i am still hopeful for a better week than last week.


next, penny is doing great...after three constipated days, she took a ginormous crap this morning. she seems to be healing up well, but i am sortve on watch for the next 10 days or so.

finally, thai bbq chicken thighs and zuccini on the grill! and yeah, bunker, you better be bringing some lobsters and steamers down for dinner the night before opener!
Attachments
thai bbq chicken.JPG
I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
User avatar
Professor_Leakey
hunter
 
Posts: 1937
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:40 pm
Location: MASS

Re: this week just sucks

Postby Bunker » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:26 pm

Cujo1 wrote:
Bunker wrote:
Cujo1 wrote:
Professor_Leakey wrote:well, at the end of the most craptacular week in quite a while, i decided to treat myself. the can is the dog's dinner. she cant eat kibble with her mouth all messed up. $7 lobstah

$7 lobstah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That son of a gun would cost $20 here and not be fresh!!!!!!! I need to move!!!!

How's the hound?


$7!!! Last I saw it was around $5 up by me! Maybe I should bring some for the 15th but mouth has been watering thinking bout the thai chix wings from last week! Also have some fresh wood duck breasts (if my kids don't eat em' 1st!) Ahhhhh decisions, decisions decisions!


Sent from my pocket pop-tart type thingy via Tapatalk

Bite me!


No offense Cujo just letting the Prof know for his opener and you wouldn't want his $7 MA lobsters everybody knows ME's lobtsers are better and in this case cheaper!


Sent from my pocket pop-tart type thingy via Tapatalk
User avatar
Bunker
hunter
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:32 am
Location: The Bunk

Re: this week just sucks

Postby Bunker » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:27 pm

Professor_Leakey wrote:
OGblackcloud wrote:
Professor_Leakey wrote:gonna start off the week by watching my team spank the bengals. :umm:

it is going to be a great sunday. :grooving: oh and thanks to the saints for beating up the dolphins. we will be beating you guys later this season.

Hope tomorrow is better since the Bengals won


i have to start with this. yes, the bengals kicked our butts today. they played a good game and we lost; our offense was offensive. i was cocky about it and we loss. let the beatings begin. i am still hopeful for a better week than last week.


next, penny is doing great...after three constipated days, she took a ginormous crap this morning. she seems to be healing up well, but i am sortve on watch for the next 10 days or so.

finally, thai bbq chicken thighs and zuccini on the grill! and yeah, bunker, you better be bringing some lobsters and steamers down for dinner the night before opener!


I meant wings the nite before the opener not what you are having tonight! Maybe we can do both make it a buffet! :)>


Sent from my pocket pop-tart type thingy via Tapatalk
User avatar
Bunker
hunter
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:32 am
Location: The Bunk

Re: this week just sucks

Postby Cujo1 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:35 pm

Bunker wrote:
Cujo1 wrote:
Bunker wrote:
Cujo1 wrote:
Professor_Leakey wrote:well, at the end of the most craptacular week in quite a while, i decided to treat myself. the can is the dog's dinner. she cant eat kibble with her mouth all messed up. $7 lobstah

$7 lobstah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That son of a gun would cost $20 here and not be fresh!!!!!!! I need to move!!!!

How's the hound?


$7!!! Last I saw it was around $5 up by me! Maybe I should bring some for the 15th but mouth has been watering thinking bout the thai chix wings from last week! Also have some fresh wood duck breasts (if my kids don't eat em' 1st!) Ahhhhh decisions, decisions decisions!


Sent from my pocket pop-tart type thingy via Tapatalk

Bite me!


No offense Cujo just letting the Prof know for his opener and you wouldn't want his $7 MA lobsters everybody knows ME's lobtsers are better and in this case cheaper!


Sent from my pocket pop-tart type thingy via Tapatalk

Love seafood! It all comes frozen in a box here. Anytime I'm around fresh seafood I eat it until I puke, scoop it up and eat it again!
All turkeys must die!


bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
User avatar
Cujo1
hunter
 
Posts: 6305
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:52 pm
Location: Southern Illinois

Re: this week just sucks

Postby Professor_Leakey » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:37 pm

no, bring down 4 chicken lobsters and a couple lbs of steamers. i got $15 on that! we can do up some chicken wings, too. i can get $5 lobsters from the lobstermen where i smelt fish at, but i want ME lobsters, since you insist...
I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
User avatar
Professor_Leakey
hunter
 
Posts: 1937
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:40 pm
Location: MASS

Re: this week just sucks

Postby Professor_Leakey » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:54 pm

cujo, around here, if you look around, you can get lobsters for $4/lb. i paid 7 out of laziness.
I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
User avatar
Professor_Leakey
hunter
 
Posts: 1937
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:40 pm
Location: MASS

this week just sucks

Postby Bunker » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:55 pm

Where you at Cujo? I've heard there are places like that but didn't want to believe it was true!

For you Prof there will be an extra shipping and handling charge but Oscar I am sure can cover it!


Sent from my pocket pop-tart type thingy via Tapatalk
User avatar
Bunker
hunter
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:32 am
Location: The Bunk

Re: this week just sucks

Postby Professor_Leakey » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:56 pm

yeah, oscar has it covered. the goddamned grouch. bunker, you cant read? he's from southern illinois, a down-home country boy.

I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
User avatar
Professor_Leakey
hunter
 
Posts: 1937
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:40 pm
Location: MASS

Re: this week just sucks

Postby Botiz630 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:13 pm

7 dollar lobster!
B Squad Captain
If do right, no can defense
User avatar
Botiz630
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 15947
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:24 pm

Re: this week just sucks

Postby Professor_Leakey » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:16 pm

i overpaid, i know...sheesh!!
I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
User avatar
Professor_Leakey
hunter
 
Posts: 1937
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:40 pm
Location: MASS

Re: this week just sucks

Postby Cujo1 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:31 pm

Bunker wrote:Where you at Cujo? I've heard there are places like that but didn't want to believe it was true!

For you Prof there will be an extra shipping and handling charge but Oscar I am sure can cover it!


Sent from my pocket pop-tart type thingy via Tapatalk

Southern Illinois, McDonalds is a pretty big deal around here :no:
All turkeys must die!


bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
User avatar
Cujo1
hunter
 
Posts: 6305
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:52 pm
Location: Southern Illinois

Re: this week just sucks

Postby grizz18 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:36 pm

$15 /lb here!
Image
User avatar
grizz18
Squatch Life
 
Posts: 12767
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 8:33 am
Location: NC

Re: this week just sucks

Postby Professor_Leakey » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:45 pm

grizz18 wrote:$15 /lb here!


the guys who are out there catching them every day are getting just about the same prices they were getting in the 80s...about $3/lb. most of them would rather be doing something else. they are getting squeezed pretty bad.

with you guys paying $15-20/lb, somebody is making some money. just not the lobstermen.
I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
User avatar
Professor_Leakey
hunter
 
Posts: 1937
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:40 pm
Location: MASS

Re: this week just sucks

Postby Bunker » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:10 pm

Professor_Leakey wrote:yeah, oscar has it covered. the goddamned grouch. bunker, you cant read? he's from southern illinois, a down-home country boy.



Hey I never claimed I could read... Show me where I ever claimed I could read :)


Sent from my pocket pop-tart type thingy via Tapatalk
User avatar
Bunker
hunter
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:32 am
Location: The Bunk

Re: this week just sucks

Postby Bunker » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:23 pm

Cujo1 wrote:

Southern Illinois, McDonalds is a pretty big deal around here :no:[/quote]

:) I prefer Wendy's but McDonalds fry's hands down!



Sent from my pocket pop-tart type thingy via Tapatalk
User avatar
Bunker
hunter
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:32 am
Location: The Bunk

Re: this week just sucks

Postby Cujo1 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:29 pm

Bunker wrote:
Cujo1 wrote:

Southern Illinois, McDonalds is a pretty big deal around here :no:


:) I prefer Wendy's but McDonalds fry's hands down!



Sent from my pocket pop-tart type thingy via Tapatalk[/quote]
Ha! Our Wendy's went out of business. Sure do miss that Spicy Chicken!
All turkeys must die!


bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
User avatar
Cujo1
hunter
 
Posts: 6305
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:52 pm
Location: Southern Illinois

Re: this week just sucks

Postby Professor_Leakey » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:46 pm

i miss Whataburger.

hey bunker are you gonna bring down some lobsters *and some steamers? i really think you should. i will provide steak tips or wings, your pick. opener is 8 days away!!!!!!! gonna rain tonight, too! if we get a good amount of rain, plan B could turn into plan A pretty quick. :beer:
I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
User avatar
Professor_Leakey
hunter
 
Posts: 1937
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:40 pm
Location: MASS

Previous

Return to The Honey Hole

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests

cron