Hunting Fed Refuge this weekend

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Re: Hunting Fed Refuge this weekend

Postby bighop » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:48 pm

Padre Island National Seashore is closed too. If this isn't fixed by the last weekend of the month, there's gone be about a thousand really pissed shark fisherman at their gate...
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
bighop
Sugar Daddy

Postby aunt betty » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:28 pm

If we all went to a federal boat lauch, took cameras, picket signs, and a news team...what would the Fed do?
Illegal gathering? Like the OWS thing? lol
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Postby rookielabtrainer » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:51 pm

Well here in south dakota on wpa's the state game wardens said they won't enforce the closure on WPA land. However rumor is a highway patrolman issued somebody a ticket. Since 99% of my hunting consists of the closed areas I guess its gonna be a expensive year if the tickets don't get dropped in court. Also hunting licenses are issued by the state gov't not the fed gov't. I also read somewhere somebody was taking about getting a felony for trespassing on closed land. Im pretty that's not gonna happen
rookielabtrainer
hunter

Postby Tealer » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:04 pm

rookielabtrainer wrote:Well here in south dakota on wpa's the state game wardens said they won't enforce the closure on WPA land. However rumor is a highway patrolman issued somebody a ticket. Since 99% of my hunting consists of the closed areas I guess its gonna be a expensive year if the tickets don't get dropped in court. Also hunting licenses are issued by the state gov't not the fed gov't. I also read somewhere somebody was taking about getting a felony for trespassing on closed land. Im pretty that's not gonna happen

On Federal land its a closed season. Its not a regular trespass. I have been told they can book you with felony trespass with a firearm. You may get it knocked out in court but they wont reimburse your fees, or time off work. IF you loose in court your not legal to own a firearm without further action. Good luck but I am not going to try it. That and the USFW Game Wardens are all still working.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby QH's Paw » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:35 pm

Tealer wrote:
rookielabtrainer wrote:Well here in south dakota on wpa's the state game wardens said they won't enforce the closure on WPA land. However rumor is a highway patrolman issued somebody a ticket. Since 99% of my hunting consists of the closed areas I guess its gonna be a expensive year if the tickets don't get dropped in court. Also hunting licenses are issued by the state gov't not the fed gov't. I also read somewhere somebody was taking about getting a felony for trespassing on closed land. Im pretty that's not gonna happen

On Federal land its a closed season. Its not a regular trespass. I have been told they can book you with felony trespass with a firearm. You may get it knocked out in court but they wont reimburse your fees, or time off work. IF you loose in court your not legal to own a firearm without further action. Good luck but I am not going to try it. That and the USFW Game Wardens are all still working.

Any trespass that involves a firearm is felony trespass. Like Tealer pointed out, you get that felony charge(found guilty), you don't have a right to bear arms. It's just another way for antis to take hunters guns away. Even if you accidently or unknowingly wander on to private land, if you have your weapon, specifically a firearm, you are a felon. It doesn't have to be at the refuge is my point.
Save a Salmonid, shoot a sawbill
QH's Paw
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:42 am

QH's Paw wrote:
Tealer wrote:

Any trespass that involves a firearm is felony trespass. Like Tealer pointed out, you get that felony charge(found guilty), you don't have a right to bear arms. It's just another way for antis to take hunters guns away. Even if you accidently or unknowingly wander on to private land, if you have your weapon, specifically a firearm, you are a felon. It doesn't have to be at the refuge is my point.

The charge if you tresspass on state lands would be "hunting on state land without permission".
Not a felony. That is one of the two violations I have been ticketed with.
I still have a FOID. :hi:
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Postby spoonysmaker » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:45 am

QH's Paw wrote:
Tealer wrote:

I dunno about up there but here in California "technically" if your land does not have a no trespassing sign every hundred and fifty feet I believe you can't get charged with trespassing. And if public land isn't posted again "technically" you can hunt it. Does that mean it's rite? No. Just how it is.
spoonysmaker
hunter

Previous

Return to The Honey Hole