What is it with the sport hunting purists?

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Re: What is it with the sport hunting purists?

Postby dakotashooter2 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:05 am

Don't forget the "get off the couch" stage where you really want to go hunting but just can't get your butt off the couch to go...........................

I'm not sure the last stage is accuratly described......To me it is having a successful hunt without having to take game. To enjoy the atmosphere, enjoy seeing game and having the opportunity to take game but passing because it no longer defines the hunt or where limits are no longer necessary. It often goes in tandum with some aspects of the methods stage where how the game is harvested is more important than if it is harvested. Often we revert back to the simplist forms of the sport. That may be using primitive equipment and or throwing aside technology altogether. It can also involve putting a high priority on mentoring others.

I know some guys that absolutly get bent out of shape if they don't harvest game or fill a limit. They are not in the sportsman stage........ In the sportsman state you just don't care anymore.

If and when a hunter gets to the sportsman stage he will often look back at his life and realize he has never enjoyed hunting as much as he does right now.
dakotashooter2
hunter

Postby Anoldhuntersc » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:28 am

In the I "purily" enjoy stage. Just let me go and leave me along. Heck can't compete with all the "pros" don't make this game complicated. Find what works in your area,stay within the law,help out a friend, take a youngin every now and then, pass shoot one day, killem in decoys the next, paddle/jump shoot,another. Be versatile enjoy it all. Don't care if you put limitations on yourself just don't try and put them me!
Anoldhuntersc
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:32 am

I'm in the stage where if I come home with zero ducks but still have all of the gear I left the house with I'm happy.
Holy Molly
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby beretta24 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:29 pm

Botiz630 wrote:I'm in the stage where if I come home with zero ducks but still have all of the gear I left the house with I'm happy.

That explains your anger
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:29 pm

Botiz630 wrote:I'm in the stage where if I come home with zero ducks but still have all of the gear I left the house with I'm happy.

:lol3:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Botiz630 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:42 pm

beretta24 wrote:

That explains your anger

I keep telling you guys, it isn't anger, it's passion.
Holy Molly
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby ohioboy » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:05 pm

Botiz630 wrote:
beretta24 wrote:

That explains your anger

I keep telling you guys, it isn't anger, it's passion.

i saw that once on a website. :yes:
ohioboy
hunter

Postby dakotashooter2 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:52 pm

My exit from the method stage was easy, as over the course of a season or two I "lost" most the gadgets out in the woods and didn't replace them................
dakotashooter2
hunter

Previous

Return to The Honey Hole