Indacamp Packing list 2013-2014

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, La. Hunter, Preacher1011, lostpup, #1wingnut

Re: Indacamp Packing list 2013-2014

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:12 am

whitecotton wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
whitecotton wrote:wow, how big is your boat house??? post a pic!!!!

Image



we need that tied behind the hotel whiskey for day trips down the WRR...

I heard about hotel whiskey.....but sadly, that would be too far of a pull going 45 MPH onda highway!!
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 54576
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana


Re: Indacamp Packing list 2013-2014

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:13 am

Brownie mix...
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 54576
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Indacamp Packing list 2013-2014

Postby RNTbuck » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:24 am

Indaswamp wrote:gonna do some of "Buck's World Famous Onions" with the steaks friday night before the opener...... :thumbsup:


snap crackle and pop...you know the drill...go ahead and slap the bejeezus out of your mammy before you leave town.....just remember....too fast and youll ruin em....
Brah...I'm gonna need counsel
whitecotton wrote:.. I hear you like some schit called a torta.. pm me what the hell it is and ill try to steal you one..
RNTbuck
hunter
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:11 am
Location: sugar..

Re: Indacamp Packing list 2013-2014

Postby assateague » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:33 am

You guys probably need to tow an extra tender along just to hold the cast iron.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21276
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Indacamp Packing list 2013-2014

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:15 am

RNTbuck wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:gonna do some of "Buck's World Famous Onions" with the steaks friday night before the opener...... :thumbsup:


snap crackle and pop...you know the drill...go ahead and slap the bejeezus out of your mammy before you leave town.....just remember....too fast and youll ruin em....

good tips buck...I paid very close attention to the pro during that phase of the Byers hunt. :thumbsup:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 54576
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Indacamp Packing list 2013-2014

Postby RNTbuck » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:22 am

Indaswamp wrote:
RNTbuck wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:gonna do some of "Buck's World Famous Onions" with the steaks friday night before the opener...... :thumbsup:


snap crackle and pop...you know the drill...go ahead and slap the bejeezus out of your mammy before you leave town.....just remember....too fast and youll ruin em....

good tips buck...I paid very close attention to the pro during that phase of the Byers hunt. :thumbsup:


i wish you would have pointed him out, as i would have tried to pay attention as well....meh...i get lucky on them every now and again, but make no mistake its not beyond me to ruin a batch of em...hell, for that matter, the last time i was supposed to make world famous i forgot to even bring the flocking things...true story
Last edited by RNTbuck on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brah...I'm gonna need counsel
whitecotton wrote:.. I hear you like some schit called a torta.. pm me what the hell it is and ill try to steal you one..
RNTbuck
hunter
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:11 am
Location: sugar..

Re: Indacamp Packing list 2013-2014

Postby Slack Tide » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:22 am

Stick Matches
Beer
Aluminum Foil
Music
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
User avatar
Slack Tide
hunter
 
Posts: 4452
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:06 pm
Location: On the northeast corner of the southwest side

Re: Indacamp Packing list 2013-2014

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:23 am

RNTbuck wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
RNTbuck wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:gonna do some of "Buck's World Famous Onions" with the steaks friday night before the opener...... :thumbsup:


snap crackle and pop...you know the drill...go ahead and slap the bejeezus out of your mammy before you leave town.....just remember....too fast and youll ruin em....

good tips buck...I paid very close attention to the pro during that phase of the Byers hunt. :thumbsup:


i wish you would have pointed him out, as i would have tried to pay attention as well....meh...i get lucky on them every now and again, but make no mistake its not beyond me to ruin a batch of em...hell, for that matter, the last time i was supposed to bring world famous i forgot to even bring the flocking things...true story

:lol3: I was truly amazed at how awesome they were Buck. Hope I can recreate the greatness....
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 54576
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Indacamp Packing list 2013-2014

Postby RNTbuck » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:24 am

Indaswamp wrote:
RNTbuck wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
RNTbuck wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:gonna do some of "Buck's World Famous Onions" with the steaks friday night before the opener...... :thumbsup:


snap crackle and pop...you know the drill...go ahead and slap the bejeezus out of your mammy before you leave town.....just remember....too fast and youll ruin em....

good tips buck...I paid very close attention to the pro during that phase of the Byers hunt. :thumbsup:


i wish you would have pointed him out, as i would have tried to pay attention as well....meh...i get lucky on them every now and again, but make no mistake its not beyond me to ruin a batch of em...hell, for that matter, the last time i was supposed to bring world famous i forgot to even bring the flocking things...true story

:lol3: I was truly amazed at how awesome they were Buck. Hope I can recreate the greatness....


slow and low that is the tempo
Brah...I'm gonna need counsel
whitecotton wrote:.. I hear you like some schit called a torta.. pm me what the hell it is and ill try to steal you one..
RNTbuck
hunter
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:11 am
Location: sugar..

Re: Indacamp Packing list 2013-2014

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:26 am

RNTbuck wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
RNTbuck wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
RNTbuck wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:gonna do some of "Buck's World Famous Onions" with the steaks friday night before the opener...... :thumbsup:


snap crackle and pop...you know the drill...go ahead and slap the bejeezus out of your mammy before you leave town.....just remember....too fast and youll ruin em....

good tips buck...I paid very close attention to the pro during that phase of the Byers hunt. :thumbsup:


i wish you would have pointed him out, as i would have tried to pay attention as well....meh...i get lucky on them every now and again, but make no mistake its not beyond me to ruin a batch of em...hell, for that matter, the last time i was supposed to bring world famous i forgot to even bring the flocking things...true story

:lol3: I was truly amazed at how awesome they were Buck. Hope I can recreate the greatness....


slow and low that is the tempo

Don't let anyone fool you Buck, you are the best "Buck's onions" guy I know!! :wink:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 54576
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Indacamp Packing list 2013-2014

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:08 pm

...small electric space heater
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 54576
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Indacamp Packing list 2013-2014

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:12 pm

9" Kline plyers.....
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 54576
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Indacamp Packing list 2013-2014

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:56 pm

Catfish trot line bait (market shrimp)
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 54576
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Indacamp Packing list 2013-2014

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:24 pm

Bricks....
Need those for trot line weights...
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 54576
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Indacamp Packing list 2013-2014

Postby bighop » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:27 am

Indaswamp wrote:Bricks....
Need those for trot line weights...

sandbags are much easier to pack and weight can be adjusted to the conditions at hand
Botiz630 wrote:I think I might be a duck.
User avatar
bighop
Sugar Daddy
 
Posts: 5617
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Indacamp Packing list 2013-2014

Postby jaysweet3 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:49 am

Indaswamp wrote:Bricks....
Need those for trot line weights...

And for sinking the breasted out carcasses of "extra" birds.
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
User avatar
jaysweet3
hunter
 
Posts: 7779
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:42 am
Location: N. Illinois

Re: Indacamp Packing list 2013-2014

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:04 am

bighop wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:Bricks....
Need those for trot line weights...

sandbags are much easier to pack and weight can be adjusted to the conditions at hand

noted....but they would be a mess in the boat pulling up the lines.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 54576
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Indacamp Packing list 2013-2014

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:05 am

jaysweet3 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:Bricks....
Need those for trot line weights...

And for sinking the breasted out carcasses of "extra" birds.

actually, sinking the carcasses is not necessary. The tide carries them out to sea.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 54576
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Indacamp Packing list 2013-2014

Postby bighop » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:07 am

Indaswamp wrote:
bighop wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:Bricks....
Need those for trot line weights...

sandbags are much easier to pack and weight can be adjusted to the conditions at hand

noted....but they would be a mess in the boat pulling up the lines.

Not as bad as you think. If you use the poly ones most mud will slide off. If you use the burlap, just tie on with a short piece of 30# with an overhand knot in the middle and snap it off. That's how we anchor our 10-20# shark baits in the surf...
Botiz630 wrote:I think I might be a duck.
User avatar
bighop
Sugar Daddy
 
Posts: 5617
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Indacamp Packing list 2013-2014

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:08 am

bighop wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
bighop wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:Bricks....
Need those for trot line weights...

sandbags are much easier to pack and weight can be adjusted to the conditions at hand

noted....but they would be a mess in the boat pulling up the lines.

Not as bad as you think. If you use the poly ones most mud will slide off. If you use the burlap, just tie on with a short piece of 30# with an overhand knot in the middle and snap it off. That's how we anchor our 10-20# shark baits in the surf...

interesting...
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 54576
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Indacamp Packing list 2013-2014

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:31 pm

...black iron skillet....












This post sent from the Deck of Da Indacamp
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 54576
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Indacamp Packing list 2013-2014

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:35 pm

sharpen camp knives....chefs knife, filet knife and boning knife....
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 54576
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Indacamp Packing list 2013-2014

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:35 pm

gotta pick up a new bunk flashlight.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 54576
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Indacamp Packing list 2013-2014

Postby Indawoods » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:39 pm

Indaswamp wrote:sharpen camp knives....chefs knife, filet knife and boning knife....


my lansky
assateague wrote:I'm not THAT cheap.


-on the viability of Pabst Blue Ribbon as a thirst quenching barley pop.
User avatar
Indawoods
hunter
 
Posts: 6435
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: Gonzales, LA

Re: Indacamp Packing list 2013-2014

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:02 pm

Indawoods wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:sharpen camp knives....chefs knife, filet knife and boning knife....


my lansky

find it....I have no clue where it is. not with the camp stuff....
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 54576
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dep6, go get the bird, GomerPyle, Google [Bot], OHIODUCKA5, whistlin_wings and 35 guests