DHC Big buck contest?

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

DHC Big buck contest?

Postby 18javelin » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:34 am

Going to go off honor and a dhc logo in pic with buck.... 20 dollar gift card sent to winner if your IN say so here.... So its clear each guy will send winner a card. so 8 guys in the winner will get 7 cards... he can by himself one also if he wishes... Has to be hunting related gift card.... No Maurice cards lifted from your wifes purse...

Going off best score, all gross scoring no nets in hunting. If he grows it you score it. ill take this min. to say im IN.....

Albino Bucks are a Automatic WIN
Last edited by 18javelin on Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
18javelin
hunter

Re: DHC Big DUCK contest?

Postby aunt betty » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:45 am

18javelin wrote:Going to go off honor and a dhc logo in pic with buck.... 20 dollar gift card sent to winner if your IN say so here.... So its clear each guy will send winner a card. so 8 guys in the winner will get 7 cards... he can by himself one also if he wishes... Has to be hunting related gift card.... No Maurice cards lifted from your wifes purse...

Going off best score, all gross scoring no nets in hunting. If he grows it you score it. ill take this min. to say im IN.....

FIFY
CHANGE the U to an I.
I triple dog dare you. :yes:
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Re: DHC Big DUCK contest?

Postby 18javelin » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:48 am

aunt betty wrote:
18javelin wrote:Going to go off honor and a dhc logo in pic with buck.... 20 dollar gift card sent to winner if your IN say so here.... So its clear each guy will send winner a card. so 8 guys in the winner will get 7 cards... he can by himself one also if he wishes... Has to be hunting related gift card.... No Maurice cards lifted from your wifes purse...

FIFY
CHANGE the U to an I.
I triple dog dare you. :yes:

Tinner would be sure to win that right?
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
18javelin
hunter

Re: DHC Big buck contest?

Postby quacknstack6 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:50 am

Question first, as stated before Ohio is legally blind so is he allowed to have a shooter join him? Other than that I am IN!
assateague wrote:When. I. Kill. One. You. Bastards. Are. Never. Gonna. Hear. The. End. Of. It.
quacknstack6
hunter

Postby 18javelin » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:56 am

quacknstack6 wrote:Question first, as stated before Ohio is legally blind so is he allowed to have a shooter join him? Other than that I am IN!

No handicaps.... I mean you can join if you have one you just get no special treatment for it... :yes:
18javelin
hunter

Postby Bill Herian » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:11 am

Let's play for blood.

I'm in.
Bill Herian
hunter

Postby quacknstack6 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:30 am

Bill Herian wrote:Let's play for blood.

I'm in.

He said no handicaps bill.
assateague wrote:When. I. Kill. One. You. Bastards. Are. Never. Gonna. Hear. The. End. Of. It.
quacknstack6
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:39 pm

Im in but I don't wanna bleed

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4
quacknstack6 wrote:It's Shaun douchenozzle.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby DroppnDrakes » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:48 pm

Archery only? Is it fair if we already shot one this year
DroppnDrakes
hunter

Postby quacknstack6 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:50 pm

That is up to the masses, me personally I will only be archery hunting all year.
quacknstack6
hunter

Postby 18javelin » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:00 pm

DroppnDrakes wrote:Archery only? Is it fair if we already shot one this year

I say any weapon I aint scared, but has to be killed after this date and have the im IN here and a DHC logo in pic with animal...
18javelin
hunter

Postby Bill Herian » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:19 am

Scoring could get tricky. Not that anyone here would inflate their score, but not everyone knows how to do it or knows how to do it well.

Instead why don't we submit photos and have an impartial panel of DHC members vote on them. Doesn't have to be the biggest buck, just the coolest picture.

Just an idea, not trying to take over your contest. I'm sure we could find 8 or 10 ten guys who would help us out.
Bill Herian
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:26 am

I could be an impartial judge
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby jaysweet3 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:29 am

Let me be the first to say, woulda been a real shooter next year.
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:59 am

Bill Herian wrote:Scoring could get tricky. Not that anyone here would inflate their score, but not everyone knows how to do it or knows how to do it well.

Instead why don't we submit photos and have an impartial panel of DHC members vote on them. Doesn't have to be the biggest buck, just the coolest picture.

Just an idea, not trying to take over your contest. I'm sure we could find 8 or 10 ten guys who would help us out.
I agree it is a great idea. However...who is going to judge/select the judges? Agreeing on anything is impossible here. Even little stuff like "which color paracord makes the best lanyards?" is argued down to the microfibers and beaten to death.

I got some antlers somewhere. Lets argue about how to measure them.
:sarcmark:
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Postby 18javelin » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:03 am

Bill Herian wrote:Scoring could get tricky. Not that anyone here would inflate their score, but not everyone knows how to do it or knows how to do it well.

Scoring can be done close enough with directions from Pope and young website, if its all nontypical and hard to score then its probably gonna win LOL... but I will follow what the majority wants...
18javelin
hunter

Postby AKPirate » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:09 am

Best way to measure horns is to put into a tank of water and see what it displaces. Total horn mass instead of a measuring tape. Traditions are hard to break though.
AKPirate
hunter

Postby 18javelin » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:01 am

AKPirate wrote:Best way to measure horns is to put into a tank of water and see what it displaces. Total horn mass instead of a measuring tape. Traditions are hard to break though.

I have two that are 4 cups and 3 ounces wide.... see that's why inches sound better....
18javelin
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:05 am

18javelin wrote:
AKPirate wrote:Best way to measure horns is to put into a tank of water and see what it displaces. Total horn mass instead of a measuring tape. Traditions are hard to break though.

I have two that are 4 cups and 3 ounces wide.... see that's why inches sound better....

Those sound like boobies
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby :-) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:20 am

You can have a local Warden, or taxidermist score the antlers for you...if he's not big enough to make it to the taxidermist your probably not gonna win anyway.

How many entry's can an individual have?
:-)
hunter

Postby 18javelin » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:23 am

:-) wrote:You can have a local Warden, or taxidermist score the antlers for you...if he's not big enough to make it to the taxidermist your probably not gonna win anyway.

How many entry's can an individual have?

One entry, must be posted by Jan 1st 2014 must have DHC logo in pic with deer any weapon... score is based on pope and young scoring...
18javelin
hunter

Postby sprigs4days » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:10 am

Jimmy The Greek would win this competition hands down.
"Three can keep a secret, if two are dead"
sprigs4days
hunter

Postby grizz18 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:23 am

I will be a judge.
grizz18
Squatch Life

Postby Crazy Matt » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:32 am

I'm in.
Call, Kill, Consume.
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert

Postby :-) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:05 am

What do you think it will take to win? 220" or more?
:-)
hunter

Next

Return to The Honey Hole