Byers Farm Migration

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

Re: Byers Farm Migration

Postby grizz18 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:08 pm

Duck/goose porn.
Image
User avatar
grizz18
Squatch Life
 
Posts: 12762
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 8:33 am
Location: NC


Re: Byers Farm Migration

Postby Underradar » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:16 pm

I'm sorry, I don't see those things hanging around very long after I charge into them with two guns blazing. I will wear my pit bull mask for extra terror effect.
My lab died, and no one on Duckhuntingchat even cared.

Google I'm feeling lucky: DU biologist stole my car

You may win a fight, but you can never win an argument.
User avatar
Underradar
hunter
 
Posts: 5166
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:09 pm
Location: Rut Coon, LA

Re: Byers Farm Migration

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:23 pm

Underradar wrote:I'm sorry, I don't see those things hanging around very long after I charge into them with two guns blazing. I will wear my pit bull mask for extra terror effect.


This one??

DSCN9735.jpg
And a Desert Eagle that's one great big ol' pistol
I mean .50 caliber made by badazz Hebrews
User avatar
OHIODUCKA5
hunter
 
Posts: 11564
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Byers Farm Migration

Postby ByersFarm » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:25 pm

Underradar wrote:I'm sorry, I don't see those things hanging around very long after I charge into them with two guns blazing. I will wear my pit bull mask for extra terror effect.

The secret is giving them an area to fall back to.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 12347
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR

Re: Byers Farm Migration

Postby Underradar » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:38 pm

ByersFarm wrote:
Underradar wrote:I'm sorry, I don't see those things hanging around very long after I charge into them with two guns blazing. I will wear my pit bull mask for extra terror effect.

The secret is giving them an area to fall back to.

Yeah, that's where you post the pass shooters, right?
My lab died, and no one on Duckhuntingchat even cared.

Google I'm feeling lucky: DU biologist stole my car

You may win a fight, but you can never win an argument.
User avatar
Underradar
hunter
 
Posts: 5166
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:09 pm
Location: Rut Coon, LA

Re: Byers Farm Migration

Postby ByersFarm » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:52 pm

Underradar wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:
Underradar wrote:I'm sorry, I don't see those things hanging around very long after I charge into them with two guns blazing. I will wear my pit bull mask for extra terror effect.

The secret is giving them an area to fall back to.

Yeah, that's where you post the pass shooters, right?


We just herd the birds to them.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 12347
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR

Re: Byers Farm Migration

Postby Underradar » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:54 pm

ByersFarm wrote:
Underradar wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:
Underradar wrote:I'm sorry, I don't see those things hanging around very long after I charge into them with two guns blazing. I will wear my pit bull mask for extra terror effect.

The secret is giving them an area to fall back to.

Yeah, that's where you post the pass shooters, right?


We just herd the birds to them.

They tend to flow upwind.
My lab died, and no one on Duckhuntingchat even cared.

Google I'm feeling lucky: DU biologist stole my car

You may win a fight, but you can never win an argument.
User avatar
Underradar
hunter
 
Posts: 5166
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:09 pm
Location: Rut Coon, LA

Re: Byers Farm Migration

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:56 pm

ByersFarm wrote:
Underradar wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:
Underradar wrote:I'm sorry, I don't see those things hanging around very long after I charge into them with two guns blazing. I will wear my pit bull mask for extra terror effect.

The secret is giving them an area to fall back to.

Yeah, that's where you post the pass shooters, right?


We just herd the birds to them.


Oh my... OH MYYYYY
teddysberna wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:Did you get his autograph?

I thought about getting him to sign my cleavage, but decided against it at the last moment.
User avatar
Westtennduckhunter
hunter
 
Posts: 11947
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:04 pm
Location: Memphis, tn

Re: Byers Farm Migration

Postby Anoldhuntersc » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:58 pm

Awesome! Byers farm definitely at top of my bucket list!!!
User avatar
Anoldhuntersc
hunter
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:41 pm

Re: Byers Farm Migration

Postby ByersFarm » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:59 pm

Westtennduckhunter wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:
Underradar wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:
Underradar wrote:I'm sorry, I don't see those things hanging around very long after I charge into them with two guns blazing. I will wear my pit bull mask for extra terror effect.

The secret is giving them an area to fall back to.

Yeah, that's where you post the pass shooters, right?


We just herd the birds to them.


Oh my... OH MYYYYY


Did you not see the other three videos? I told you I was getting good footage. I barely even did any real work today.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 12347
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR

Re: Byers Farm Migration

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:00 pm

ByersFarm wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:
Underradar wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:
Underradar wrote:I'm sorry, I don't see those things hanging around very long after I charge into them with two guns blazing. I will wear my pit bull mask for extra terror effect.

The secret is giving them an area to fall back to.

Yeah, that's where you post the pass shooters, right?


We just herd the birds to them.


Oh my... OH MYYYYY


Did you not see the other three videos? I told you I was getting good footage. I barely even did any real work today.


Oh yea. That's why I came home and pulled the Riceland out.
teddysberna wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:Did you get his autograph?

I thought about getting him to sign my cleavage, but decided against it at the last moment.
User avatar
Westtennduckhunter
hunter
 
Posts: 11947
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:04 pm
Location: Memphis, tn

Re: Byers Farm Migration

Postby ByersFarm » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:01 pm

Anoldhuntersc wrote:Awesome! Byers farm definitely at top of my bucket list!!!


I appreciate that, but you should see it when we really have some birds. That's only 5% of what we will flood.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 12347
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR

Re: Byers Farm Migration

Postby ByersFarm » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:05 pm

Westtennduckhunter wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:
Underradar wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:
Underradar wrote:I'm sorry, I don't see those things hanging around very long after I charge into them with two guns blazing. I will wear my pit bull mask for extra terror effect.

The secret is giving them an area to fall back to.

Yeah, that's where you post the pass shooters, right?


We just herd the birds to them.


Oh my... OH MYYYYY


Did you not see the other three videos? I told you I was getting good footage. I barely even did any real work today.


Oh yea. That's why I came home and pulled the Riceland out.


Encouragement.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 12347
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR

Re: Byers Farm Migration

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:06 pm

ByersFarm wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:
Underradar wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:
Underradar wrote:I'm sorry, I don't see those things hanging around very long after I charge into them with two guns blazing. I will wear my pit bull mask for extra terror effect.

The secret is giving them an area to fall back to.

Yeah, that's where you post the pass shooters, right?


We just herd the birds to them.


Oh my... OH MYYYYY


Did you not see the other three videos? I told you I was getting good footage. I barely even did any real work today.


Oh yea. That's why I came home and pulled the Riceland out.


Encouragement.


Makes me really hate my job
teddysberna wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:Did you get his autograph?

I thought about getting him to sign my cleavage, but decided against it at the last moment.
User avatar
Westtennduckhunter
hunter
 
Posts: 11947
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:04 pm
Location: Memphis, tn

Re: Byers Farm Migration

Postby jcrowder0207 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:47 pm

Rick Hall wrote:
jcrowder0207 wrote:WOW!


Pretty sure the guys to your south said they were on your piece yesterday.


That's good to hear Rick, hopefully they get comfortable back there. No pics of Klondike geese yet?
jcrowder0207
hunter
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: Byers Farm Migration

Postby Rick Hall » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:47 am

Nope. There's still no second crop cut in our part of Klondike, and I'm guessing what's down is finding it elsewhere. Have only seen one lost youngun on the ground to date. He let me walk as close as the canal between us allowed, but the sun was behind him and the photo I shot sucked. Wish I'd kept it, though, just to post as a fun foil to the crowd at Cason's place.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
User avatar
Rick Hall
hunter
 
Posts: 13214
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:03 pm

Re: Byers Farm Migration

Postby beretta24 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:36 am

Westtennduckhunter wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:
Underradar wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:[quote="Underradar"]I'm sorry, I don't see those things hanging around very long after I charge into them with two guns blazing. I will wear my pit bull mask for extra terror effect.

The secret is giving them an area to fall back to.

Yeah, that's where you post the pass shooters, right?


We just herd the birds to them.


Oh my... OH MYYYYY


Did you not see the other three videos? I told you I was getting good footage. I barely even did any real work today.


Oh yea. That's why I came home and pulled the Riceland out.


Encouragement.


Makes me really hate my job[/quote]
X2

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
User avatar
beretta24
State Moderator
 
Posts: 5362
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:54 pm
Location: MN

Re: Byers Farm Migration

Postby teddysberna » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:33 am

Byers- whats the estimated number of geese you guys have right now?
ByersFarm wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:Sugar is a top secret place.

Sugar is a mythical place, with unicorns and sugar plum ferries. It's a majestic place. I mean moth8rf^@king majestic. Like a bald eagle getting a hand job from the statue of liberty herself.
User avatar
teddysberna
hunter
 
Posts: 4881
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:25 pm
Location: Georgetown KY

Re: Byers Farm Migration

Postby jehler » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:37 am

teddysberna wrote:Byers- whats the estimated number of geese you guys have right now?

I counted 5300
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
User avatar
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy
 
Posts: 17110
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:52 pm
Location: Traverse City, MI

Re: Byers Farm Migration

Postby teddysberna » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:50 am

jehler wrote:
teddysberna wrote:Byers- whats the estimated number of geese you guys have right now?

I counted 5300



I don't believe you
ByersFarm wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:Sugar is a top secret place.

Sugar is a mythical place, with unicorns and sugar plum ferries. It's a majestic place. I mean moth8rf^@king majestic. Like a bald eagle getting a hand job from the statue of liberty herself.
User avatar
teddysberna
hunter
 
Posts: 4881
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:25 pm
Location: Georgetown KY

Re: Byers Farm Migration

Postby ByersFarm » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:00 am

Rick Hall wrote:Nope. There's still no second crop cut in our part of Klondike, and I'm guessing what's down is finding it elsewhere. Have only seen one lost youngun on the ground to date. He let me walk as close as the canal between us allowed, but the sun was behind him and the photo I shot sucked. Wish I'd kept it, though, just to post as a fun foil to the crowd at Cason's place.



I can remember my father and grandfather talking about the first time they saw a speck. 22 years ago today I remember seeing my first neckband on a speck. It was in a large flock for that time, all of about 1,000. The rate that they've increased here over the past two decades has been staggering. Then again I remember stories of 250,000+ ducks with only a couple hundred snow geese. My how they have changed.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 12347
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR

Re: Byers Farm Migration

Postby ByersFarm » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:01 am

teddysberna wrote:Byers- whats the estimated number of geese you guys have right now?


I estimate that we have 20,000 birds now. That includes ducks and geese.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 12347
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR

Re: Byers Farm Migration

Postby teddysberna » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:27 am

ByersFarm wrote:
teddysberna wrote:Byers- whats the estimated number of geese you guys have right now?


I estimate that we have 20,000 birds now. That includes ducks and geese.



Shew... Must be nice
ByersFarm wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:Sugar is a top secret place.

Sugar is a mythical place, with unicorns and sugar plum ferries. It's a majestic place. I mean moth8rf^@king majestic. Like a bald eagle getting a hand job from the statue of liberty herself.
User avatar
teddysberna
hunter
 
Posts: 4881
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:25 pm
Location: Georgetown KY

Re: Byers Farm Migration

Postby jcrowder0207 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:10 am

No New Photos Today? Sure is making this work day go a lot SLOWER. Your place is so much closer than Canada, I think i'll move Byers Farm to Top of the "To Go" list.
jcrowder0207
hunter
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: Byers Farm Migration

Postby ByersFarm » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:18 pm

I'm away from the farm today helping Cannon with his project, but my wife just sent me this reminding me that I sent her this video two years ago today.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 12347
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Donald, mswtpc, OGblackcloud, teddysberna and 35 guests