When it rains it pours.

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, La. Hunter, Preacher1011, lostpup, #1wingnut

When it rains it pours.

Postby KaceyDucks » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:22 am

Last night I was flat towing my jeep from Georgetown, TX to a shop near killeen and hit road debris. Three flat tires. Sat on side of I 35 for four and a half hours waiting for my buddy to come through with a tow dolly. Phone charger broke during all of this. Got home to Dallas, TX at 0530 at work at 0900. Man I hope this counts for all three bad things in the rule of threes.

Cheers to Monday being here I guess.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants." -- Thomas Jefferson
KaceyDucks
hunter

Re: When it rains it pours.

Postby Botiz630 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:44 am

Three flat tires at once? What did you hit?! :eek:
This is the Internet. This is serious.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby jaysweet3 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:11 am

Man that blows. Any chance of repairing the tires?
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby KaceyDucks » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:40 am

Pallet fell off of a flatbed straight truck. I am putting new procomp 31s on the Jeep. Truck tire is repairable. But just really sucks. Bright side is I got it to the shop that should TBI problems...and they sell Pro Comps Merry early christmas to me. :thumbsup:
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants." -- Thomas Jefferson
KaceyDucks
hunter

Postby whistlin_wings » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:30 pm

I was probably 10-20 minutes away from you
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby shoveler_shooter » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:41 pm

I've had a blowout and 2 flats within the last year, but only one at a time lol. Horrible luck with tires.
UmatillaJeff wrote:This load would drop ducks and geese like thors hammer in my hands, I would bet the equity in my house on it.
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby KaceyDucks » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:33 am

WW, I knew you lived in the Temple area. I really wish that I just had a car hauler and a winch and I wouldn't have to mess with such things.

I guess I have had pretty good luck with tires for the last few years so I got it all at once.
KaceyDucks
hunter

Postby woodduck14 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:28 am

I got a flat on Sunday, was on the 3rd lug nut and my lug key broke off. Long story short, the only place to find a new lug key was at the dealership, they weren't open due to it being Sunday, then again yesterday becuase of the holiday. So I go up there today and the only one they have is missing so I had to have it towed there and they are ordering a new part to come in tomorrow.
Going on 3 days just because of a flat tire. Terrible...on a good note I shot 4 ducks yesterday.
Don't tread on me.
woodduck14
hunter

Postby KaceyDucks » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:30 am

woodduck14 wrote:I got a flat on Sunday, was on the 3rd lug nut and my lug key broke off. Long story short, the only place to find a new lug key was at the dealership, they weren't open due to it being Sunday, then again yesterday becuase of the holiday. So I go up there today and the only one they have is missing so I had to have it towed there and they are ordering a new part to come in tomorrow.
Going on 3 days just because of a flat tire. Terrible...on a good note I shot 4 ducks yesterday.

Man season isn't even open yet for us down here in Texas. I am really jealous. I was at least fortunate enough to figure out my problems on the side of the road.

I have however bought two new sets of tires because of this...there goes $1800
KaceyDucks
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:47 am

:huh: Man season ? In Texas ----
OGblackcloud
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole