Duck Hunting Forum banner

public duck hunting near st charles,mo

3K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  ScaupHunter 
#1 ·
Hello. I just moved to the St Charles area from northeast arkansas. Im just looking for a few public non-draw walk in places where i could blow a call at some ducks and fire off some shots. Any and every bit of information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks yall!

#9 ·
^ yeah we are real helpful in the state forum to internet scouters! :no: :lol3:

#12 ·
Do REAL SCOUTING not cyber scouting. Are there places in your area to hunt...yup. Do like the rest of us and find them. I've worked my butt off, and spent a lot of $$ on gas, and a lot of time in the field doing this scouting thing. Its not a fad, its a necessity!

#14 ·
I'm from missouri originally saint louis near st charles I never hunted around there much since I started hunting in college away from stl. I can tell you though the stl/st charles area there are a lot of people and a fair amount of duck hunters so there is a decent amount of competition for draws, and non draw hunts. Getting people to even tell you of just a conservation area name is gonna be hard or even a general area. Not a lot of none draw opportunities unless you drive good way. Even on the mississippi up stream of the alton dam all that area has blind locations that are drawn for before the season getting one of those is nice cause there close and its your spot for the season. If you have a boat you can try and hunt on the missouri river, but it can be tricky. If you talk to a local conservation agent or office they can probably at least tell you what conservation areas aren't draw ins that are open to hunting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.