Any help?

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut, lostpup, Preacher1011

Any help?

Postby USAFAMMO » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:00 pm

Hey, my names Greg Gibbs. I'm in the USAF and I recently pcs'd to Barksdale AFB in Bossier city, Louisiana. I have been preparing for duck season since I got here about 5 months ago but my problem is I don't have a boat yet. I was wondering if any of you from around this area knew of any good spots that are accessible by wading out. I'm from Northern California where all my blinds are permanent in my rice fields so I never had to worry about a boat. I've scouted a few areas on the red but once again no boat limits me. And I hear it's almost impossible to get a blind on cross so I'm really limited. Any help, tips, or just random advice would be much appreciated!
USAFAMMO
Newb

Re: Any help?

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:30 pm

hunt the base....
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indawoods » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:33 pm

USAFAMMO wrote:Hey, my names Greg Gibbs. I'm in the USAF and I recently pcs'd to Barksdale AFB in Bossier city, Louisiana. I have been preparing for duck season since I got here about 5 months ago but my problem is I don't have a boat yet. I was wondering if any of you from around this area knew of any good spots that are accessible by wading out. I'm from Northern California where all my blinds are permanent in my rice fields so I never had to worry about a boat. I've scouted a few areas on the red but once again no boat limits me. And I hear it's almost impossible to get a blind on cross so I'm really limited. Any help, tips, or just random advice would be much appreciated!

post in the LA State forum, more help there. :thumbsup:
assateague wrote:I'm not THAT cheap.

-on the viability of Pabst Blue Ribbon as a thirst quenching barley pop.
Indawoods
hunter

Postby La. Hunter » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:11 pm

Welcome to DHC! There are several members from Louisiana in the Honey Hole, but like Indawoods said, you'd have a better response in the Louisiana forum. From the board index, scroll all the way down the page to the states and it won't be hard to find. You should find more members that are knowledgable about that area of the state there.

Thanks,

La. Hunter
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby USAFAMMO » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:09 am

Indaswamp wrote:hunt the base....

Government shutdown has made it difficult to get a base license.
USAFAMMO
Newb

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:13 am

USAFAMMO wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:hunt the base....

Government shutdown has made it difficult to get a base license.

imagine that....
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Return to The Honey Hole