Duck Hunting Forum banner

Waders...

2K views 62 replies 13 participants last post by  WoodyWhiffingMG 
#1 ·
So, I found a big hole in my waders during early goose, I bought a pair last week and they came with a hole in the boot (which was pleasent for the opener). I returned them to Dick's and they had no more in my size. So, I went on the hunt for a new pair...

I am looking for a pair of 3 or 3.5mm neoprene, with the velcro shoulder straps, brush tuff exterior (or equivalent), in size 10 or 11.

I would preffer it in some sorta camo, does not matter which one.

I have checked these stores:
Mac's (Web)
Roger's (Web)
Cabela's (Web and in store)
Bass Pro (Web and in store)
Dick's (Web and in store)
Dunhams (Web and in store)
D&R sports (Local) (Web)
Lunker's (Local)(In store)
Gander Mnt (Web and in store)

I have also checked these manufactures sites:
Lacrosse
Hodgeman's
Top Line
Drake
Kobuk
Columbia

Not one has one remotely close to what I am looking for in stock (or at all)... What online store or manufacturer am I missing?

See less See more
#4 ·
OHIODUCKA5 said:
I have 3.5 mm Columbia's about 120 bucks . I tore them last year busting ice but they held up really well

http://www.amazon.com/Columbia-Gadwall- ... bia+waders
Those look good, but I really only have one requirements (?esthetically? speaking). I want Velcro shoulder straps... they are much more comfortable to shoot out of.

#6 ·
WoodyWhiffingMG said:
OHIODUCKA5 said:
I have 3.5 mm Columbia's about 120 bucks . I tore them last year busting ice but they held up really well

http://www.amazon.com/Columbia-Gadwall- ... bia+waders
Those look good, but I really only have one requirements (?esthetically? speaking). I want Velcro shoulder straps... they are much more comfortable to shoot out of.
I just unhook my shoulder. I don't trust the velcro

#8 ·
OHIODUCKA5 said:
http://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/columbia-columbia-max4-neoprene-chest-wader-p-2855.html

These are 5mm
Yeah, 5mm are everywhere... but they are way toooo warm.

I'm acctually getting pissed about this... It should not be this difficult to find this ****.

#10 ·
Woody- I bought a pair of breathable waders 2 years ago, Cabelas brand. And I will never again wear neoprene. Those breathable waders are 10 times more comfortable. Initially I was worried about getting cold in them, but with a good pair of thick fleece wader pants, I've never had any problems. Go breathable young man.

#11 ·
Locked&Loaded said:
Woody- I bought a pair of breathable waders 2 years ago, Cabelas brand. And I will never again wear neoprene. Those breathable waders are 10 times more comfortable. Initially I was worried about getting cold in them and with a good pair of thick fleece wader pants, I've never had any problems. Go breathable young man.
Won't do that after capsizing the boat... neoprene floats.

#12 ·
WoodyWhiffingMG said:
Locked&Loaded said:
Woody- I bought a pair of breathable waders 2 years ago, Cabelas brand. And I will never again wear neoprene. Those breathable waders are 10 times more comfortable. Initially I was worried about getting cold in them and with a good pair of thick fleece wader pants, I've never had any problems. Go breathable young man.
Yes, those neoprenes will keep your feet and legs safely above the surface of the water .......... while your head drags along the marsh bottom. Wear a PFD if youre worried about drowning!

#15 ·
Oh my god woody, you are the pickiest little girl when it comes to this stuff.

Buy the ones ODuck linked to (the same Columbus waders I've told you about twice prior to today) and be done with it.

I'll cure you of your hang up on buckle straps. Every time you complain about them I'm going to slap you in the face.

#16 ·
WoodyWhiffingMG said:
OHIODUCKA5 said:
http://www.lacrossefootwear.com/teal-ii-max4-hd-600g.html?gclid=CIjJquHBm7oCFYkWMgodrSkAYg

BOOOM
There we go... must have over looked those some how!

Thank you!
Those boots only have 600 grams of insulation. The Columbias have 1000. You and I get cold feet all the time.

#17 ·
Locked&Loaded said:
WoodyWhiffingMG said:
Locked&Loaded said:
Yes, those neoprenes will keep your feet and legs safely above the surface of the water .......... while your head drags along the marsh bottom. Wear a PFD if youre worried about drowning!
A standard life jaket will not hold a person afloat if they are wearing any wader type not made from neoprene... The DNR officer that pulled our boat out for us explained how the MI DNR rans some field trials to pick out thier uniforms and equipment.

#18 ·
WoodyWhiffingMG said:
Locked&Loaded said:
WoodyWhiffingMG said:
Locked&Loaded said:
A standard life jaket will not hold a person afloat if they are wearing any wader type not made from neoprene... The DNR officer that pulled our boat out for us explained how the MI DNR rans some field trials to pick out thier uniforms and equipment.
So let me get this straight, you are taking the word of someone who works for state government regarding your personal safety? Michigan residents :no:

#19 ·
Botiz630 said:

Buy the ones ODuck linked to (the same Columbus waders I've told you about twice prior to today) and be done with it.

I'll cure you of your hang up on buckle straps. Every time you complain about them I'm going to slap you in the face.
If I am going to pay $200 for something, that is going to last 2 years tops, I have the right to be picky. Damnit.

Botiz630 said:
WoodyWhiffingMG said:
OHIODUCKA5 said:
http://www.lacrossefootwear.com/teal-ii-max4-hd-600g.html?gclid=CIjJquHBm7oCFYkWMgodrSkAYg

BOOOM

Thank you!
Those boots only have 600 grams of insulation. The Columbias have 1000. You and I get cold feet all the time.
That is a good point.

I am going to continue to look until 1pm today. If I dont find what I want, then my hand is forced and I will buy those.

#20 ·
Locked&Loaded said:
WoodyWhiffingMG said:
Locked&Loaded said:
WoodyWhiffingMG said:
Locked&Loaded said:
So let me get this straight, you are taking the word of someone who works for state government regarding your personal safety? Michigan residents :no:
That and personal experience... we swam 50 to 60 yards to shore with no life jakets and neoprene waders on.

#21 ·
Don't do lacrosse, My suggestion is 3.5 with dura flex from cabelas on sale for 119 till the 27th. cabelas stands behind their gear.

with regaurds to boot insulation its high over rated I find my feet sweat if I have over 400 grams and can keep my feet warmer with less insulation and a good pair of 88% wool sock.... My waders are 600 gram (red heads never again). But I don't let boot insulation dictate what I buy, plus those 1000 gram boots take up to much space in size 14....

#22 ·
WoodyWhiffingMG said:
Locked&Loaded said:
WoodyWhiffingMG said:
Locked&Loaded said:
WoodyWhiffingMG said:
Locked&Loaded said:
That and personal experience... we swam 50 to 60 yards to shore with no life jakets and neoprene waders on.
Might I recommend a layout blind and dry field hunts and forget the waders? .......... but for you I'd still recommend a life jacket.

#23 ·
WoodyWhiffingMG said:
Botiz630 said:

If I am going to pay $200 for something, that is going to last 2 years tops, I have the right to be picky. Damnit.

Botiz630 said:
WoodyWhiffingMG said:
OHIODUCKA5 said:

BOOOM

Thank you!
That is a good point.

I am going to continue to look until 1pm today. If I dont find what I want, then my hand is forced and I will buy those.
http://www.lacrossefootwear.com/mallard ... aders.html

You are an engineer and cant use Google :no:

#24 ·
Locked&Loaded said:
WoodyWhiffingMG said:
Locked&Loaded said:
WoodyWhiffingMG said:
Locked&Loaded said:
WoodyWhiffingMG said:
Locked&Loaded said:
Might I recommend a layout blind and dry field hunts and forget the waders? .......... but for you I'd still recommend a life jacket.
I wear a life jaket when I shower.

#25 ·
OHIODUCKA5 said:
WoodyWhiffingMG said:
Botiz630 said:

Botiz630 said:
WoodyWhiffingMG said:
OHIODUCKA5 said:

BOOOM

Thank you!
That is a good point.

Found those already, cant order them. The user interface/ordering selection doesn's show up... I assumed they are out of stock.

#26 ·
WoodyWhiffingMG said:
OHIODUCKA5 said:
WoodyWhiffingMG said:
Botiz630 said:

Botiz630 said:
WoodyWhiffingMG said:
OHIODUCKA5 said:

BOOOM

Thank you!
That is a good point.

Found those already, cant order them. The user interface/ordering selection doesn's show up... I assumed they are out of stock.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002UIDRRI/?tag=cmimcafe-20

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.