Waders...

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut, lostpup, Preacher1011

Re: Waders...

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:59 pm

18javelin wrote:
WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
18javelin wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
18javelin wrote:On sale for 119 in the flyer, buddy had a pair for 7 years split a seams cabelas shipped him a set in 2 days with prepaid box to send old ones back. http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas- ... l+Products

He wants velcro straps not clips like normal people

If the buckle ever affects me I would just unbuckle it.... velcro sucks when its a year old and dirty lint lives in it.

This is why I like buckles. I just unhook my right strap while shooting

Screw it. I will buy a pair with buckles, but so help me God if I don't like them in a couple months...

I will reserect the cage match thread and you all will have earned a place.

http://www.kaatzbros.com/products.php?sub=220&start=10 try here sunshine. I found them, you want me to show you ho to put them on for you too

Nope, my mind has been made up... I am buying ones with buckles... like I said I will exact my revenge if I need to.

seriously though, I looked at those when you posted the link... 5 - 10 buisness day lead time... that would wipe out half the good part of our season. I'm just going to go buy a pair that I don't really want and call it good.

Those cabelas Armour tuff aren't walmart quality from what I have seen, Im picking me a pair up soon.

I got a pair years ago. They lasted 5 seasons of HARD use here in the sand flats, but the freshwater clams on the flats eventually cut them around the shins. I'd buy another pair if I could find another deal like I got on that first pair......$56 bucks. :thumbsup:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:02 am

WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:So, I found a big hole in my waders during early goose,

why not repair the hole? I've repaired gashes 4" long on boots and have had them last for years. All you have to do is clean it well with acetone, then sew it up with a carpet needle and some tough nylon string (non wax dental floss works very well) then seal with urethane rubber...like goop or 3M5200. :thumbsup:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby duckman27 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:07 am

I can rarely get a pair to last more than one season. I bought some Lacrosse Brush Toughs this year so we'll see how they work
duckman27
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:08 am

duckman27 wrote:I can rarely get a pair to last more than one season. I bought some Lacrosse Brush Toughs this year so we'll see how they work

going on season 4 with my brush tuffs... the boots started getting micro cracks but I repaired them with plastidip and they are good to go.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby jaysweet3 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:15 am

Indaswamp wrote:
duckman27 wrote:I can rarely get a pair to last more than one season. I bought some Lacrosse Brush Toughs this year so we'll see how they work

going on season 4 with my brush tuffs... the boots started getting micro cracks but I repaired them with plastidip and they are good to go.

If you remember, I contacted you for advice on doing the same repair. So far so good. Most of the coating has broken away, but the repair still seems to be holding strong. Boot was completely coated, walking made most of it break away, but the cracks must still be filled.
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:44 am

Indaswamp wrote:
WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:So, I found a big hole in my waders during early goose,

why not repair the hole? I've repaired gashes 4" long on boots and have had them last for years. All you have to do is clean it well with acetone, then sew it up with a carpet needle and some tough nylon string (non wax dental floss works very well) then seal with urethane rubber...like goop or 3M5200. :thumbsup:

Actually both my waders sprung leaks, the neoprene pair I put 10-15 holes in working on the blind, the other pair are the type that feel like a carhart jacket (can't remember what it is called). Those I put a 1.5 inch diameter hole in the crotch and all the seams are leaking. They both are about 4 years old and have been repaired multiple times.
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby ibedamn » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:09 am

Might want to look at these. They come up almost as high as regular waders but have no straps. :clapping: Made in 3.5 neoprene. On me, the come up to my ribs with no aggravating straps. Not been cold enough to use yet, but I think I'll like em.

https://www.drakewaterfowl.com/drake/products
ibedamn
hunter

Postby jehler » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:39 am

Whatever he gets I'm poking a hole in them on the 24th as soon as he drops his guard
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:43 am

jehler wrote:Whatever he gets I'm poking a hole in them on the 24th as soon as he drops his guard

I'll just hunt naked all weekend.
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:02 am

jehler wrote:Whatever he gets I'm poking a hole in them on the 24th as soon as he drops his guard

you should tell him, "GPS Coordinates where the guns are....or swim!" :wink: :yes:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby jehler » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:13 am

Indaswamp wrote:

you should tell him, "GPS Coordinates where the guns are....or swim!" :wink: :yes:

Oh i figure he'll need rescuing before the weekend is over, that will be the time to ask :wink:
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:17 am

jehler wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

Oh i figure he'll need rescuing before the weekend is over, that will be the time to ask :wink:

:lol3:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:18 am

jehler wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

:lol3: :lol3:
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Previous

Return to The Honey Hole