Custom Ruger .22

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

Custom Ruger .22

Postby Mill424 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:58 pm

What's it worth?

Ruger .22
Boyds Stock
Kidd Fluted Barrel
Kidd Cocking assembly
Kidd Trigger job
Kidd Magazine lever
Kidd Bolt buffer
CNC Machined bolt
Rail mount
Nikon Prostaff Scope
Rings
Kidd V-Block
Attachments
3.11.jpg
Mill424
Newb

Re: Custom Ruger .22

Postby T Man » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:28 pm

Price of parts - 20%.
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby OGblackcloud » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:50 pm

Not that much
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby Underradar » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:52 pm

$199 Wal Mart gun. None of that stuff helps it shoot better. Its the lipstick on a pig conundrum.
My lab died, and no one on Duckhuntingchat even cared.

Google I'm feeling lucky: DU biologist stole my car

You may win a fight, but you can never win an argument.
Underradar
hunter

Postby DuckManClyde » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:39 pm

I really like the laminated stock, id like to replace the wood on a cheap shotgun just to have for clay shooting. Really cool
If offended, and or irritated with the above post, please refer to my caring face :hi:
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby TrapperRob » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:41 pm

$100
I went into the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
-Henry David Thoreau
TrapperRob
hunter

Postby T Man » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:18 pm

I built a 10/22 with a laminated thumb hole stock, extended mag release, trigger work, green mountain barrel, and a Leupold 3x9, that I sold for 700-900 (Its been so long ago I dont remember.
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby OmegaRed » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:37 am

I'll give $150.

Have any pics of groups?
Locked&Loaded wrote:
Ohio- what would it run me to have you drop by to rape my dog and set this boat on fire?
OmegaRed
Fabio

Postby GomerPyle » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:58 am

At the advice of my attorney, I issue the following disclaimer:

"This post may or may not be intended as humor and/or sarcasm and does not necessarily reflect the actual views of the poster."
GomerPyle
hunter

Postby CrazyDrake » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:39 am

looks cool. Someone will probably give 500-700 for it. No one that knows its still JUST a ruger 10/22. But there is someone out there that would be tickled pink/purple with it.
CrazyDrake
hunter

Postby 18javelin » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:46 am

And it goes to show you can polish a turd but Its still JUST A TURD...
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
18javelin
hunter

Postby La. Hunter » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:05 am

CrazyDrake wrote:looks cool. Someone will probably give 500-700 for it. No one that knows its still JUST a ruger 10/22. But there is someone out there that would be tickled pink/purple with it.

18javelin wrote:And it goes to show you can polish a turd but Its still JUST A TURD...

Is there something wrong with 10/22's I'm not aware of? I've probably shot several hundred thousand rounds out of them since I was a kid and haven't had any problems that weren't aftermarket magazine related.
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby T Man » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:09 am

La. Hunter wrote:
Is there something wrong with 10/22's I'm not aware of? I've probably shot several hundred thousand rounds out of them since I was a kid and haven't had any problems that weren't aftermarket magazine related.

x2. Plastic lips are garbage
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby GomerPyle » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:59 am

La. Hunter wrote:Is there something wrong with 10/22's I'm not aware of? I've probably shot several hundred thousand rounds out of them since I was a kid and haven't had any problems that weren't aftermarket magazine related.

I love my 10/22...it's got the "boat paddle" stock and blued barrel. it's had countless rounds shot through it without any issues. If my house were burning to the ground, I'd already saved the wife/kids and dog, and only had time to save 1 other possession, it would be that rifle.

one of these days I will have a bull barrel put on it (or maybe slightly smaller than a bull barrel, but bigger than stock) and I want to put some kind of open night sights on it...

something like this, except maybe the split rear sight instead of a ghost ring sighy

At the advice of my attorney, I issue the following disclaimer:

"This post may or may not be intended as humor and/or sarcasm and does not necessarily reflect the actual views of the poster."
GomerPyle
hunter

Postby 18javelin » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:47 pm

Just never have been a fan of them, we couldn't get them shooting quarter size groups at 50 yards while my cheap little Marlin Model 60 was touching holes. But the real cats Meow is the CZ .22 its a Bolt gun but at 50 yards we have shot hundreds of one hole groups with it.
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
18javelin
hunter

Postby t_baker » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:03 pm

18javelin wrote:Just never have been a fan of them, we couldn't get them shooting quarter size groups at 50 yards while my cheap little Marlin Model 60 was touching holes. But the real cats Meow is the CZ .22 its a Bolt gun but at 50 yards we have shot hundreds of one hole groups with it.

I can relate. We used to shoot a lot of .22 silhouette leagues and I could never get my 10/22 shooting "great". I have a Model 60 and a Savage Mark II with some work done to it and both of them out shoot that 10/22. I don't think they are bad guns by no means, just have to put money into them to get them to shoot well.

I have a .204 made my CZ and its a freaking tack driver. I love that gun and the double set trigger.
t_baker
hunter

Postby T Man » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:19 pm

T Man wrote:I built a 10/22 with a laminated thumb hole stock, extended mag release, trigger work, green mountain barrel, and a Leupold 3x9, that I sold for 700-900 (Its been so long ago I dont remember.

This gun shot 1.5" groups at 100 yards off a bench with Winchester wildcats. CCI stingers would tighten the group up to about 1", but I was to cheep to buy the ammo regularly.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby t_baker » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:24 pm

T Man wrote:
T Man wrote:I built a 10/22 with a laminated thumb hole stock, extended mag release, trigger work, green mountain barrel, and a Leupold 3x9, that I sold for 700-900 (Its been so long ago I dont remember.

This gun shot 1.5" groups at 100 yards off a bench with Winchester wildcats. CCI stingers would tighten the group up to about 1", but I was to cheep to buy the ammo regularly.

Maybe tomorrow I will get my savage out and see what it groups at 100 yds. I havent shot it much since I bought my .17.
t_baker
hunter

Postby T Man » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:29 pm

Fair warning, I sold that gun years ago, so I am just trying to remember off the top of my head what it did. I figured it grouped tight enough to kill prairie dogs reliably out to 100 yards, so I didnt concern myself much about trying to keyhole a .22. The bullet is the weak link after about 50 yards. I built a similar gun on the .17hmr round when they first came out, and it would keyhole at 50 and shoot moa at 100 provided the wind wasn't blowing and a blade of grass didnt get in the way.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby Underradar » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:05 pm

They quit making ammo for those things.
My lab died, and no one on Duckhuntingchat even cared.

Google I'm feeling lucky: DU biologist stole my car

You may win a fight, but you can never win an argument.
Underradar
hunter

Postby blindbound86 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:46 pm

IT IS WORTH WHATEVER SOMEONE IS WILLING TO PAY FOR IT. That being said I have owned 3 10/22's in my life and loved every one of them from bone stock to decked out an incredibly reliable and accurate (albeit with proper ammo) little gun.
assateague wrote:Know what tolerance is good for? Making more sissies. It's like sissy fertilizer.
blindbound86
hunter

Postby La. Hunter » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:04 pm

blindbound86 wrote:IT IS WORTH WHATEVER SOMEONE IS WILLING TO PAY FOR IT. That being said I have owned 3 10/22's in my life and loved every one of them from bone stock to decked out an incredibly reliable and accurate (albeit with proper ammo) little gun.

I've always wanted to buy one bone stock and customize it to become a tack driver. Some years back, a buddy of mine bought one with a carbon bull barrel and that thing was sweet. We were stacking quality ammo at 100 yards. Another buddy at my old department used to bring his with a silenced barrel out on patrol and when things would get slow, we'd go to the river barge landing and shoot half the night. I've always wanted a dedicated silenced barrel on one too.
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby blindbound86 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:37 pm

blindbound86 wrote:IT IS WORTH WHATEVER SOMEONE IS WILLING TO PAY FOR IT. That being said I have owned 3 10/22's in my life and loved every one of them from bone stock to decked out an incredibly reliable and accurate (albeit with proper ammo) little gun.

I've always wanted to buy one bone stock and customize it to become a tack driver. Some years back, a buddy of mine bought one with a carbon bull barrel and that thing was sweet. We were stacking quality ammo at 100 yards. Another buddy at my old department used to bring his with a silenced barrel out on patrol and when things would get slow, we'd go to the river barge landing and shoot half the night. I've always wanted a dedicated silenced barrel on one too.

I had a buddy who built one like that back in school it was a tack driver. He got his money out of it shooting it not selling it. I do not exaggerate, he would bust digger squirrels at 200 yards all day. it was so much fun to shoot.
assateague wrote:Know what tolerance is good for? Making more sissies. It's like sissy fertilizer.
blindbound86
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole