Duck Dynasty

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter

Duck Dynasty

Postby woodduck14 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:32 am

I know this topic has been covered extensively since the show started, but I finally have to rant about it.

Now I am not against new people starting to hunt or anything like that, but it just seems like there is a whole new wave of duck hunters. On opening day I heard five different groups of gun shots and then yesterday I heard a couple different groups. I live in Massachusetts where we aren't that big of a hunting community. My group of friends has worked hard to find places to go, and now we have to compete with all these yahoos. There isn't much private land around here due to the anti's so we are all competing for the same public spots. The one good thing is I know that no one will ever beat me there in the morning. I have seen more people this year than I did all of last year.

My buddy went into a gun store two nights ago and a guy was in there selling his old double barrell, and he said to the clerk that he was trading it in for a duck gun, duck calls, and Black Cloud ammo. The local ****'s Sporting Goods is totally sold out of all steel shot and you can't walk around a corner without seeing DC gear.

A guy I know of started duck hunting and he shot two opening day. I guess he posted the exact location of where he was hunting on facebook, and then we saw a pic of what he shot and he knew one was a mallard, but didn't know what the other was. Turns out it was a GWT, wouldn't you think you'd learn what each species was before you shot it?

Then on opening day I had a group of hunters ask where exactly on the river did I shoot my mallards. I assumed everyone knew hunters etiquette was you don't ask where your spots are.

Sorry had to rant a bit...
Don't tread on me.
woodduck14
hunter

Re: Duck Dynasty

Postby WTN10 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:34 am

This is a valuable addition to this topic.
2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
WTN10
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:37 am

If your going to come on here and start bashing Duck Dynasty well you can just GTFO
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby t_baker » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:37 am

You haven't been hunting long have you? There were idiots before DD. Now they just grow beards and paint their faces.
t_baker
hunter

Postby t_baker » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:38 am

OGblackcloud wrote:If your going to come on here and start bashing Duck Dynasty well you can just GTFO

OG for the win!
t_baker
hunter

Postby woodduck14 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:40 am

Been hunting all my life and like I said this is Massachusetts where there really aren't that many hunters. And of course there were idiots before DD, but even more.
Don't tread on me.
woodduck14
hunter

Postby CrazyDrake » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:40 am

but but but...they just make it look so cool!
CrazyDrake
hunter

Postby GomerPyle » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:40 am

At the advice of my attorney, I issue the following disclaimer:

"This post may or may not be intended as humor and/or sarcasm and does not necessarily reflect the actual views of the poster."
GomerPyle
hunter

Postby t_baker » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:43 am

woodduck14 wrote:Been hunting all my life and like I said this is Massachusetts where there really aren't that many hunters. And of course there were idiots before DD, but even more.

Maybe you should stay in bed in the morning and let the other idiots play.
t_baker
hunter

Postby bighop » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:48 am

Odd, I watch that same show and all I'm inspired to do is goof off at work and eat hot doughnuts.
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
bighop
Sugar Daddy

Postby MarkM » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:49 am

It inspired me to start wearing camo everywhere and take up hunting.

:sarcmark:
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Postby GomerPyle » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:50 am

bighop wrote:goof off at work and eat hot doughnuts.

....pal, you say that like it's a bad thing :huh:

"This post may or may not be intended as humor and/or sarcasm and does not necessarily reflect the actual views of the poster."
GomerPyle
hunter

Postby Willie » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:50 am

woodduck14 wrote:I know this topic has been covered extensively since the show started, but I finally have to rant about it.

Now I am not against new people starting to hunt or anything like that, but it just seems like there is a whole new wave of duck hunters. On opening day I heard five different groups of gun shots and then yesterday I heard a couple different groups. I live in Massachusetts where we aren't that big of a hunting community. My group of friends has worked hard to find places to go, and now we have to compete with all these yahoos. There isn't much private land around here due to the anti's so we are all competing for the same public spots. The one good thing is I know that no one will ever beat me there in the morning. I have seen more people this year than I did all of last year.

My buddy went into a gun store two nights ago and a guy was in there selling his old double barrell, and he said to the clerk that he was trading it in for a duck gun, duck calls, and Black Cloud ammo. The local ****'s Sporting Goods is totally sold out of all steel shot and you can't walk around a corner without seeing DC gear.

A guy I know of started duck hunting and he shot two opening day. I guess he posted the exact location of where he was hunting on facebook, and then we saw a pic of what he shot and he knew one was a mallard, but didn't know what the other was. Turns out it was a GWT, wouldn't you think you'd learn what each species was before you shot it?

Then on opening day I had a group of hunters ask where exactly on the river did I shoot my mallards. I assumed everyone knew hunters etiquette was you don't ask where your spots are.

Sorry had to rant a bit...

Sorry Jack, it's not the Robertson's fault.
Willie
hunter

Postby MarkM » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:51 am

I also feel their cookbook makes me a better chef that Swamp...
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:54 am

I've had a lot of people ask me about my swamp people motor and duck dynasty calls (Buck Gardner calls). I was talking to a couple of green jeans opening day and he said the majority of tickets cited were shooting early, shooting lead, no lisence or HIP number, and shooting too many of a limited species. If shotguns weren't sold with a plug, I bet that would have been a huge one as well.

Out where I hunt, it's EXTREMELY easy to spot the new hunters. Not just because of their calling skills, skybusting, or yelling. They're wearing orange! :yes:
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby CrazyDrake » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:02 am

JuniorPre 360 wrote:If shotguns weren't sold with a plug, I bet that would have been a huge one as well. :

Jeeze could you imagine.
CrazyDrake
hunter

Postby bighop » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:05 am

GomerPyle wrote:
bighop wrote:goof off at work and eat hot doughnuts.

....pal, you say that like it's a bad thing :huh:

No I didn't. It was your personal negative perception of the Robertson's that made it sound bad. People can be inspired to do good things, like eat hot donuts and goof off.

The worst part of all this is that I spelled donuts wrong. I never spell donuts that way...
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
bighop
Sugar Daddy

Postby McManusClan5 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:11 am

I admit we've only seen the show a couple times while channel surfing, but in NONE of them did I ever see these guys hunting!
McManusClan5
hunter

Postby B.E.Nelli » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:13 am

McManusClan5 wrote:I admit we've only seen the show a couple times while channel surfing, but in NONE of them did I ever see these guys hunting!

Cause its not a hunting show! Ya'll complain they don't hunt, turn on the outdoor channel of that's what you're into. Its on A&E, a REALITY show channel.
B.E.Nelli
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:15 am

Stop pissing and moaning and hunt there early bird. :fingerhead:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby T Man » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:18 am

Anyone hear about Jeff Foiles, boy did that guy ever screw up?

How about Chad Belding....quite the hunter there...

I like my Bacon crispy, all of you chewy bacon lovers can go pound sand

Miracle Whip is for lesbians. Real men eat Mayonnaise.

RAIN KEAD!
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby McManusClan5 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:21 am

B.E.Nelli wrote:
McManusClan5 wrote:I admit we've only seen the show a couple times while channel surfing, but in NONE of them did I ever see these guys hunting!

Cause its not a hunting show! Ya'll complain they don't hunt, turn on the outdoor channel of that's what you're into. Its on A&E, a REALITY show channel.

Nope - not complaining (would have to care about it to complain). Just with all the hooha around the show, I thought it was going to have hunting. Looks like it's a camo version of the Kardashian thing, for all I can tell. Meh...

And when I want to see hunting, I go hunting. :wink:
McManusClan5
hunter

Postby GomerPyle » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:25 am

a previous poster who I will not name just provided an example of my favorite part of the Duck Dynast/Duck Commander hater posts......

they post something critical about the show...about why they don't like it or why they don't like the Robertsons, and they immediately post about how they don't care or "couldn't care less"....

clearly you care if you took the time to complain about the show and/or its fans on a message board

GomerPyle
hunter

Postby go get the bird » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:27 am

GomerPyle wrote:a previous poster who I will not name just provided an example of my favorite part of the Duck Dynast/Duck Commander hater posts......

they post something critical about the show...about why they don't like it or why they don't like the Robertsons, and they immediately post about how they don't care or "couldn't care less"....

clearly you care if you took the time to complain about the show and/or its fans on a message board

Clearly.
MackieKnife wrote:The moral of the story is...I'm retarded.
go get the bird
hunter

Postby possumfoot » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:38 am

t_baker wrote:You haven't been hunting long have you? There were idiots before DD. Now they just grow beards and paint their faces.

i don't want to hear anything about the flocking beards!!!! i have grown a beard since i could, but the last year, all i have heard is "hey, whats up duck dynasty.. " i don't mind when some hot peice does it, but......... :fingerhead:
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Next

Return to The Honey Hole