Duck Hunting Forum banner

Duck Dynasty

3K views 80 replies 31 participants last post by  sampsonhuntin 
#1 ·
I know this topic has been covered extensively since the show started, but I finally have to rant about it.

Now I am not against new people starting to hunt or anything like that, but it just seems like there is a whole new wave of duck hunters. On opening day I heard five different groups of gun shots and then yesterday I heard a couple different groups. I live in Massachusetts where we aren't that big of a hunting community. My group of friends has worked hard to find places to go, and now we have to compete with all these yahoos. There isn't much private land around here due to the anti's so we are all competing for the same public spots. The one good thing is I know that no one will ever beat me there in the morning. I have seen more people this year than I did all of last year.

My buddy went into a gun store two nights ago and a guy was in there selling his old double barrell, and he said to the clerk that he was trading it in for a duck gun, duck calls, and Black Cloud ammo. The local Dick's Sporting Goods is totally sold out of all steel shot and you can't walk around a corner without seeing DC gear.

A guy I know of started duck hunting and he shot two opening day. I guess he posted the exact location of where he was hunting on facebook, and then we saw a pic of what he shot and he knew one was a mallard, but didn't know what the other was. Turns out it was a GWT, wouldn't you think you'd learn what each species was before you shot it?

Then on opening day I had a group of hunters ask where exactly on the river did I shoot my mallards. I assumed everyone knew hunters etiquette was you don't ask where your spots are.

Sorry had to rant a bit...

See less See more
#15 ·
I've had a lot of people ask me about my swamp people motor and duck dynasty calls (Buck Gardner calls). I was talking to a couple of green jeans opening day and he said the majority of tickets cited were shooting early, shooting lead, no lisence or HIP number, and shooting too many of a limited species. If shotguns weren't sold with a plug, I bet that would have been a huge one as well.

Out where I hunt, it's EXTREMELY easy to spot the new hunters. Not just because of their calling skills, skybusting, or yelling. They're wearing orange! :yes:

#17 ·
GomerPyle said:
bighop said:
goof off at work and eat hot doughnuts.
....pal, you say that like it's a bad thing :huh:
No I didn't. It was your personal negative perception of the Robertson's that made it sound bad. People can be inspired to do good things, like eat hot donuts and goof off.

The worst part of all this is that I spelled donuts wrong. I never spell donuts that way...

#21 ·
Anyone hear about Jeff Foiles, boy did that guy ever screw up?

How about Chad Belding....quite the hunter there...

I like my Bacon crispy, all of you chewy bacon lovers can go pound sand

Miracle Whip is for lesbians. Real men eat Mayonnaise.

RAIN KEAD!

#22 ·
B.E.Nelli said:
McManusClan5 said:
I admit we've only seen the show a couple times while channel surfing, but in NONE of them did I ever see these guys hunting!
Cause its not a hunting show! Ya'll complain they don't hunt, turn on the outdoor channel of that's what you're into. Its on A&E, a REALITY show channel.
Nope - not complaining (would have to care about it to complain). Just with all the hooha around the show, I thought it was going to have hunting. Looks like it's a camo version of the Kardashian thing, for all I can tell. Meh...

And when I want to see hunting, I go hunting. :wink:

#23 ·
a previous poster who I will not name just provided an example of my favorite part of the Duck Dynast/Duck Commander hater posts......

they post something critical about the show...about why they don't like it or why they don't like the Robertsons, and they immediately post about how they don't care or "couldn't care less"....

clearly you care if you took the time to complain about the show and/or its fans on a message board

#24 ·
GomerPyle said:
a previous poster who I will not name just provided an example of my favorite part of the Duck Dynast/Duck Commander hater posts......

they post something critical about the show...about why they don't like it or why they don't like the Robertsons, and they immediately post about how they don't care or "couldn't care less"....

clearly you care if you took the time to complain about the show and/or its fans on a message board
Clearly.

#25 ·
t_baker said:
You haven't been hunting long have you? There were idiots before DD. Now they just grow beards and paint their faces.
i don't want to hear anything about the flocking beards!!!! i have grown a beard since i could, but the last year, all i have heard is "hey, whats up duck dynasty.. " i don't mind when some hot peice does it, but......... :fingerhead:

#26 ·
Hmmmm... I was just saying it was a surprise to me to not see them hunting when I came across it. Not a complaint, just surprised me is all.

I get from the subsequent posts that it's not really even intended as a hunting show. Just didn't know that (so, I guess I'm ignorant instead of a complainer - not the first... or last... time I'll be that!).

As for caring enough to post, I hope that's not the bar or there will be a lot less activity here! :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.