Duck Dynasty

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, #1wingnut

Re: Duck Dynasty

Postby McManusClan5 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:40 am

Hmmmm... I was just saying it was a surprise to me to not see them hunting when I came across it. Not a complaint, just surprised me is all.

I get from the subsequent posts that it's not really even intended as a hunting show. Just didn't know that (so, I guess I'm ignorant instead of a complainer - not the first... or last... time I'll be that!).

As for caring enough to post, I hope that's not the bar or there will be a lot less activity here! :wink:
McManusClan5
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:43 am

McManusClan5 wrote:Hmmmm... I was just saying it was a surprise to me to not see them hunting when I came across it. Not a complaint, just surprised me is all.

I get from the subsequent posts that it's not really even intended as a hunting show. Just didn't know that (so, I guess I'm ignorant instead of a complainer - not the first... or last... time I'll be that!).

As for caring enough to post, I hope that's not the bar or there will be a lot less activity here! :wink:

There will always be activity here ! We pick and choose who gets to stay :sarcmark:
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby McManusClan5 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:48 am

OGblackcloud wrote:
McManusClan5 wrote:Hmmmm... I was just saying it was a surprise to me to not see them hunting when I came across it. Not a complaint, just surprised me is all.

There will always be activity here ! We pick and choose who gets to stay :sarcmark:

Fair enough! :lol3:
McManusClan5
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:49 am

I support the author of this post 100%.
I need about tree fiddy.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby KaceyDucks » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:56 am

It is a good clean show. If you are scared to compete with other hunters then just stay in bed. It is part of the game my friend.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants." -- Thomas Jefferson
KaceyDucks
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:58 am

Botiz630 wrote:I support the author of this post 100%.

You always have been a rebel
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby Willie » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:15 am

Activity? You have 17 posts in a little over 3 years...and four of them are on this thread alone. I'd say your activity, or lack thereof, may or may not be missed. It's 50/50 really.
Willie
hunter

Postby txhunter90 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:25 am

Ya I dont get them saying it hasnt done anything for hunting. It was never ment to be about hunting. Go watch there actual hunting dvd's. That is hunting. It is a reality show about a family and their company. They fish alot on the show are there anymore idiots fishing on the lake? If these idiots beat you to a hole you have more problems. Have more idiots tried to hunt? Hell ya, once they find out how hard and how much work you have to do and money it will thin them out. Also not shooting any birds, which will happen alot. That usually shows you the weak ones. That give up hunting.
txhunter90
hunter

Postby MarkM » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:27 am

txhunter90 wrote:Ya I dont get them saying it hasnt done anything for hunting. It was never ment to be about hunting. Go watch there actual hunting dvd's. That is hunting. It is a reality show about a family and their company. They fish alot on the show are there anymore idiots fishing on the lake? If these idiots beat you to a hole you have more problems. Have more idiots tried to hunt? Hell ya, once they find out how hard and how much work you have to do and money it will thin them out. Also not shooting any birds, which will happen alot. That usually shows you the weak ones. That give up hunting.

I gave up hunting long ago. Now I just ask where to go and try to pass shoot them before the birds land in someone else decoys.
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Postby MinnesotaDan » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:28 am

When people ask me where I'm shooting ducks, I tell them I got them on Lake Igoddachubby.
Nobody cares about your season totals.
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Postby McManusClan5 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:31 am

Willie wrote:

Activity? You have 17 posts in a little over 3 years...and four of them are on this thread alone. I'd say your activity, or lack thereof, may or may not be missed. It's 50/50 really.

It's even worse than that - I was on the board for a few years prior under a different name (Atlanticjunkie - changed with a changed email and a couple moves) and didn't post a lot then, either. I wasn't trying to say that **I** would be missed - was kind of a joke, yeh?

Anyway, I've lurked for a long time and decided to hop in - not expecting anyone to cheer for me (or care if I go back to lurking - although it seems I'm pushing at least a couple of people to actually cheer if I do go back!). :eek: Prolly more like 99.99/00.01 :lol3:

And I will hereby refrain from any comments on DD until I've watched more of them!
McManusClan5
hunter

Postby MinnesotaDan » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:32 am

I get more likes on my pics of dead ducks on Instagram because of DD so I guess its not all bad.
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Postby txhunter90 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:38 am

MinnesotaDan wrote:When people ask me where I'm shooting ducks, I tell them I got them on Lake Igoddachubby.

And dont tell the green jean men. Dont let your buddies either they hunt just like the rest of us.
txhunter90
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:39 am

Hunting is a dying sport. DD has done more for duck hunting and hopefully for it's future than DU has done in the last decade. We need to be recruiting new hunters and getting them excited about it. We need to be teaching the youngsters and new guys how to hunt and do it right with good ethics and support for the ducks. Whining about new hunters and hearing them when they are not cutting you out of your spot is quite frankly selfish and destructive to the sport.

I take a lot of new folks out hunting and fishing on a regular basis. It leads to solid friendships, better hunters and fishermen, who know the ettiquette and how to behave around other hunters and fishermen.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby MinnesotaDan » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:43 am

txhunter90 wrote:
MinnesotaDan wrote:When people ask me where I'm shooting ducks, I tell them I got them on Lake Igoddachubby.

And dont tell the green jean men. Dont let your buddies either they hunt just like the rest of us.

I don't tell law enforcement anything, ever.

DD has done more for the sport than DU? In 10 years? I hope you're being facetious. I agree that elitist mentalities don't need to be in duck hunting and we should welcome new hunters, but what does DD do to help educate new hunters? Seems like it brings in people on the fringe who are looking for a fad to ride more than anything else.
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Postby txhunter90 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:45 am

Ya they always ask where did yall hunt? Ummmmmm.... in the water?
txhunter90
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:45 am

ScaupHunter wrote:Hunting is a dying sport. DD has done more for duck hunting and hopefully for it's future than DU has done in the last decade. We need to be recruiting new hunters and getting them excited about it. We need to be teaching the youngsters and new guys how to hunt and do it right with good ethics and support for the ducks. Whining about new hunters and hearing them when they are not cutting you out of your spot is quite frankly selfish and destructive to the sport.

I take a lot of new folks out hunting and fishing on a regular basis. It leads to solid friendships, better hunters and fishermen, who know the ettiquette and how to behave around other hunters and fishermen.

I always here that this is a dying sport. But ever since I was a kid, there have been new lines of decoys, guns, ammunition, calls, dvd's, camo, and boats. You name it! I have yet to see a way the sport is dying. Unless I am missing something. To me, I think the most destructive thing to the sport are the brand new ignorant hunters. Leaving trash, skybusting with lead shot, no lisences while hunting, and so on. It was a complete circus opening morning this year.
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:46 am

txhunter90 wrote:Ya they always ask where did yall hunt? Ummmmmm.... in the water?

My favorite is "Did you catch any ducks?"
Reply: "Nope. They weren't biting."
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby txhunter90 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:48 am

JuniorPre 360 wrote:
txhunter90 wrote:Ya they always ask where did yall hunt? Ummmmmm.... in the water?

My favorite is "Did you catch any ducks?"
Reply: "Nope. They weren't biting."

Haha. Ya no joke. If hunting is dying, better for me, can get leases cheaper and no competition. So let it die. Lol
txhunter90
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:49 am

KaceyDucks wrote:If you are scared to compete with other hunters then just stay in bed. It is part of the game my friend.

Not sure exactly what the OP's "situation" is like....but when the other "hunters" are setting up 50yds downwind, skybusting, breaking multiple laws and acting like morons in general, that's not what I would call competition. At least normal competition. I will go out on a limb and assume this is the kind of stuff he's referring to.
I don't mind competition myself, but at least set up a reasonable distance away from me and act like an adult.
UmatillaJeff wrote:By his very nature this tends to be a modest man who is loved by woman, children and dogs and well though of in all social circles.
We will call him the 10ga man
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:54 am

ScaupHunter wrote: We need to be teaching the youngsters and new guys how to hunt and do it right with good ethics and support for the ducks. Whining about new hunters and hearing them when they are not cutting you out of your spot is quite frankly selfish and destructive to the sport.

JuniorPre 360 wrote:I always here that this is a dying sport. But ever since I was a kid, there have been new lines of decoys, guns, ammunition, calls, dvd's, camo, and boats. You name it! I have yet to see a way the sport is dying. Unless I am missing something. To me, I think the most destructive thing to the sport are the brand new ignorant hunters. Leaving trash, skybusting with lead shot, no lisences while hunting, and so on. It was a complete circus opening morning this year.

This is the problem. You don't just go over and try to help these kinds of folks, that are breaking multiple laws. You have no idea how they're gonna react when you intervene. Best to let the GW "help" them.
UmatillaJeff wrote:By his very nature this tends to be a modest man who is loved by woman, children and dogs and well though of in all social circles.
We will call him the 10ga man
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby MinnesotaDan » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:56 am

Where I live there is a town called Climax, and another called Fertile. I tell people, I was hunting with a Fertile woman near Climax all the time. Never gets old.
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Postby La. Hunter » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:58 am

I'm just waiting until all these Duck Dynasty fanboys realize hunting isn't easy and find them another fad, so I can buy their boats and guns for pennies on the dollar.
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby t_baker » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:11 am

La. Hunter wrote:I'm just waiting until all these Duck Dynasty fanboys realize hunting isn't easy and find them another fad, so I can buy their boats and guns for pennies on the dollar.

This.
t_baker
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:16 am

shoveler_shooter wrote:This is the problem. You don't just go over and try to help these kinds of folks, that are breaking multiple laws. You have no idea how they're gonna react when you intervene. Best to let the GW "help" them.

Not to say they are all the same, but I've attempted to lend a hand and it's blown up in my face. A guy was wearing orange, shooting at swan, thinking he was shooting at geese, and shooting lead as I noticed the low brass empties. I talked to him about how the law is that you need to draw for a swan tag. He told me to get back to school and learn the difference between geese and swan and that he had never heard of steel shot.

I also invited some kids to hunt with us after they had sneaked up on my decoys thinking they were ducks. They told me to let them do their thing and to mind my own. When we left on our boat, I asked what kind of ducks they had shot. "Black ducks." I said they were actually coots and he said "There he goes again! Mr. Game warden!"

I also invited a group to hunt with us that decided to set up right next to us. I explained that we may be a little too close for shooting. I left agreeing to be fair and pass up the ones closer to them. The rest of the day was filled with skybusting over top of me as well as peppering my decoys. We pcked up and left.

As some poor regular guy in the marsh, I'm "a step down" from all of the new hunters that know better.
JuniorPre 360
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole