New Phone

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, #1wingnut

New Phone

Postby t_baker » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:01 pm

Time for a new phone tonight. Been rocking a Droid X2 for over a couple years now. Been a great phone, chitty battery. I am a Droid software fan, and also like having the ability to use a SD card. Kind of rules out a I Phone. Truth be told, I Phones don't do a lot for me. I don't want to spend a ton but knowing I am going to have it for the next couple years I want something I won't want to smash. Really leaning towards a Samsung Galaxy S4, but wanted to hear if anyone else out there had some suggestions. Wal Mart has some kick ass prices and will probably end up there to get a phone tonight.
t_baker
hunter

Re: New Phone

Postby Botiz630 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:06 pm

iPhone.
It's all true, as far as I know.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby Botiz630 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:06 pm

It doesn't have MapQuest though.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby GomerPyle » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:07 pm

Galaxy S4

/thread
At the advice of my attorney, I issue the following disclaimer:

"This post may or may not be intended as humor and/or sarcasm and does not necessarily reflect the actual views of the poster."
GomerPyle
hunter

Postby t_baker » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:10 pm

Botiz630 wrote:It doesn't have MapQuest though.

I was just about to PM you and see what you had going on the last week of this month. Then you posted this.... :mad:
t_baker
hunter

Postby steve-o » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:16 pm

The S4 would feel like you were holding a 2x12 to the side of your face.
ByersFarm wrote:Remember that God will not test us beyond what we can handle.

Botiz630 wrote:I'm as tame as a show pony.
steve-o
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Botiz630 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:46 pm

steve-o wrote:The S4 would feel like you were holding a 2x12 to the side of your face.

It would feel like a 2x12, but it wouldn't work as well.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby Locked&Loaded » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:23 pm

Baker- I dropped my I-phone in the water last year and sorta glad I did. I'll be honest with ya, I'm not a huge apple fan for various reasons. I am sportin the Galaxy S4 now and I'm diggin it. Most kids in their 20s like apple .......... until they have a few meaningful life experiences under their belts. You might as well get yourself ahead of the curve and go with what those of us who are more mature and wise are using.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:40 pm

Do not get a droid m2 it's terrible. kinda like woody picking up chicks

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4
Last edited by OHIODUCKA5 on Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lonely wives, dirty trucks , and happy dogs.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby bighop » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:41 pm

Locked&Loaded wrote:Baker- I dropped my I-phone in the water last year and sorta glad I did. I'll be honest with ya, I'm not a huge apple fan for various reasons. I am sportin the Galaxy S4 now and I'm diggin it. Most kids in their 20s like apple .......... until they have a few meaningful life experiences under their belts. You might as well get yourself ahead of the curve and go with what those of us who are more mature and wise are using.

It's just because the screen is bigger and you don't have to scroll as much with your extra-extra large fonts so you can read it...
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
bighop
Sugar Daddy

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:47 pm

Get a windows phone.
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:48 pm

Locked&Loaded wrote:Baker- I dropped my I-phone in the water last year and sorta glad I did. I'll be honest with ya, I'm not a huge apple fan for various reasons. I am sportin the Galaxy S4 now and I'm diggin it. Most kids in their 20s like apple .......... until they have a few meaningful life experiences under their belts. You might as well get yourself ahead of the curve and go with what those of us who are more mature and wise are using.

Still trying to find something positive about being old, huh?
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby t_baker » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:02 pm

WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:Get a windows phone.

You like those?
t_baker
hunter

Postby t_baker » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:06 pm

I still didnt get one. Went to verizon and wal mart and cant find what I want.

They had a Galaxy S3 at wal mart for. 97 cents. The lady at Verizon said its basically the same as the S4 with just a little slower processor and 8mp camera vs a 13mp camera on the S4. The S4 is 138 bucks so for that difference I may go with the S3. I just don't know.

I dont like the new Droids, the Windows phones confuse me, not a Apple fan. I just don't f-ing know!
t_baker
hunter

Postby bighop » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:09 pm

t_baker wrote:I still didnt get one. Went to verizon and wal mart and cant find what I want.

They had a Galaxy S3 at wal mart for. 97 cents. The lady at Verizon said its basically the same as the S4 with just a little slower processor and 8mp camera vs a 13mp camera on the S4. The S4 is 138 bucks so for that difference I may go with the S3. I just don't know.

I dont like the new Droids, the Windows phones confuse me, not a Apple fan. I just don't f-ing know!

I remember feeling this way before I got an iPhone....
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
bighop
Sugar Daddy

Postby Anoldhuntersc » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:22 pm

bighop wrote:
t_baker wrote:I still didnt get one. Went to verizon and wal mart and cant find what I want.

I remember feeling this way before I got an iPhone....

X2. Until I had 1 and used for awhile. Love it. Messages, reminders, notes, calendar, talk text while driving,etc Was never an Apple fan. Or can just get a Droid etc and say how don't like Apple.
Anoldhuntersc
hunter

Postby DieselTech84 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:57 pm

I had an I phone but when I renewed my contract last month I went with the S4 and I have no regrets.
DieselTech84
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:15 pm

screw all that noise...get a good old fashioned flip phone. :thumbsup: mine's like $15 bucks. when I break it in 2 weeks, I go get another one. Phones are like sunglasses, go cheap and you never loose them or drop them in the water.... :wink:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Botiz630 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:24 pm

Take this advice with a grain of salt baker, he'd also probably recommend the early bird special at Denny's.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:27 pm

Botiz630 wrote:

Take this advice with a grain of salt baker, he'd also probably recommend the early bird special at Denny's.

...He also owns a boat he can't use, but will tow it to his buddies house to drink beer so the wife thinks he went hunting..... :sarcmark:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:29 pm

t_baker wrote:

You like those?

To be honest with you, I don't like any of the big 3... Google, Microsoft or apple all of them donate big time to liberals and they spy on what you are doing and sell your information.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:30 pm

WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:
t_baker wrote:

You like those?

To be honest with you, I don't like any of the big 3... Google, Microsoft or apple all of them donate big time to liberals and they spy on what you are doing and sell your information.

I've got the folks at Apple scratching their heads for sure.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:34 pm

Botiz630 wrote:
WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:
t_baker wrote:

You like those?

I've got the folks at Apple scratching their heads for sure.

You've got us all scratching our heads.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby OmegaRed » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:04 am

I have an s3, wife has the s4. It's noticeably faster as far as lag, screen swiping etc. It wasn't noticeable on my phone until I got to playing with them back to back.

That being said, is it worth $100 some bucks? I don't know it depends how into phones you are. You might as well chalk up buying a waterproof case while you're at it, so figure that around $50 I think. I don't have one on mine, but it's at the point to where if I drown this one again, it's gonna get upgraded.

And not that it's any sort of quality assurance, but I dropped mine in Lake Erie duck hunting last winter off a break wall. Found it, hunted the rest of the morning with it. Did the rice thing overnight and it's worked flawlessly since.

Oh ya one last thing...wasn't there some software update on iPhones recently? I thought I read about 5000 posts about people crying about it. Maybe a figment of my imagination :)
I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in.
OmegaRed
Fabio

Postby Anoldhuntersc » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:10 am

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382098205.318111.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382098205.318111.jpg (18.46 KiB) Viewed 308 times
Anoldhuntersc
hunter

Next

Return to The Honey Hole