New Phone

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Re: New Phone

Postby dakotashooter2 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:37 am

There is a simple solution that will keep you from dropping a phone in the water............................................................................. Leave it in the *@#$&^ truck.............. You don't need to be in touch with the world 24/7/365................................................. :hammer:
dakotashooter2
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:42 am

dakotashooter2 wrote:There is a simple solution that will keep you from dropping a phone in the water............................................................................. Leave it in the *@#$&^ truck.............. You don't need to be in touch with the world 24/7/365................................................. :hammer:

Well you're not very pleasant this am. What about those of us with wives and kids. What about if something happened. I hunt by myself sometimes because I don't have any real friends just you buttholes on the interwebs. I'd really not like to die in the marsh because my phone was in the truck :hammer:
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:09 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
dakotashooter2 wrote:There is a simple solution that will keep you from dropping a phone in the water............................................................................. Leave it in the *@#$&^ truck.............. You don't need to be in touch with the world 24/7/365................................................. :hammer:

Well you're not very pleasant this am. What about those of us with wives and kids. What about if something happened. I hunt by myself sometimes because I don't have any real friends just you buttholes on the interwebs. I'd really not like to die in the marsh because my phone was in the truck :hammer:

I would hunt with you if you weren't so far away that way you would see that I`m a butthole in person too :smile:
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:34 am

OGblackcloud wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:

I would hunt with you if you weren't so far away that way you would see that I`m a butthole in person too :smile:

Im going to make it out your way one day OG we are going to hunt something, and I would be honored to buy your old azz a beer :biggrin:
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby OmegaRed » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:57 am

I'll just hope the coast guard sees my hands waving overtop the waves crashing overtop the boat.
That rug really tied the room together...
OmegaRed
Fabio

Postby beretta24 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:14 pm

Z10 anyone....clean, simple and secure. Plus you don't have to be an iwhore.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby t_baker » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:13 pm

OmegaRed wrote:
t_baker wrote:I still didnt get one. Went to verizon and wal mart and cant find what I want.

They had a Galaxy S3 at wal mart for. 97 cents. The lady at Verizon said its basically the same as the S4 with just a little slower processor and 8mp camera vs a 13mp camera on the S4. The S4 is 138 bucks so for that difference I may go with the S3. I just don't know.

I dont like the new Droids, the Windows phones confuse me, not a Apple fan. I just don't f-ing know!

I have an s3, wife has the s4. It's noticeably faster as far as lag, screen swiping etc. It wasn't noticeable on my phone until I got to playing with them back to back.

That being said, is it worth $100 some bucks? I don't know it depends how into phones you are. You might as well chalk up buying a waterproof case while you're at it, so figure that around $50 I think. I don't have one on mine, but it's at the point to where if I drown this one again, it's gonna get upgraded.

And not that it's any sort of quality assurance, but I dropped mine in Lake Erie duck hunting last winter off a break wall. Found it, hunted the rest of the morning with it. Did the rice thing overnight and it's worked flawlessly since.

Oh ya one last thing...wasn't there some software update on iPhones recently? I thought I read about 5000 posts about people crying about it. Maybe a figment of my imagination :)

So feature wise they are basically the same?
t_baker
hunter

Postby UofAduckman1987 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:09 pm

Casio gz'one commando! It's what I've had for three years now and love it. Waterproof without a bulky case, scratch proof, good camera, awesome gps, runs all the apps you want. Highly recommend it
UofAduckman1987
hunter

Postby Uglymud » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:23 pm

UofAduckman1987 wrote:Casio gz'one commando! It's what I've had for three years now and love it. Waterproof without a bulky case, scratch proof, good camera, awesome gps, runs all the apps you want. Highly recommend it

I second that! Upgraded to the new 4G commando and it's ten times better.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk
Uglymud
hunter

Postby UofAduckman1987 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:38 pm

I want the new one bad but still have contract for another year, 4g will be nice
UofAduckman1987
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:56 am

UofAduckman1987 wrote:Casio gz'one commando! It's what I've had for three years now and love it. Waterproof without a bulky case, scratch proof, good camera, awesome gps, runs all the apps you want. Highly recommend it

Might someone have FINALLY made a smart phone that is INDAstructable? HMMMMM......
http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/14/casio-gzone-commando-review/
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby OmegaRed » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:56 am

t_baker wrote:
OmegaRed wrote:
t_baker wrote:I still didnt get one. Went to verizon and wal mart and cant find what I want.

They had a Galaxy S3 at wal mart for. 97 cents. The lady at Verizon said its basically the same as the S4 with just a little slower processor and 8mp camera vs a 13mp camera on the S4. The S4 is 138 bucks so for that difference I may go with the S3. I just don't know.

I dont like the new Droids, the Windows phones confuse me, not a Apple fan. I just don't f-ing know!

I have an s3, wife has the s4. It's noticeably faster as far as lag, screen swiping etc. It wasn't noticeable on my phone until I got to playing with them back to back.

That being said, is it worth $100 some bucks? I don't know it depends how into phones you are. You might as well chalk up buying a waterproof case while you're at it, so figure that around $50 I think. I don't have one on mine, but it's at the point to where if I drown this one again, it's gonna get upgraded.

And not that it's any sort of quality assurance, but I dropped mine in Lake Erie duck hunting last winter off a break wall. Found it, hunted the rest of the morning with it. Did the rice thing overnight and it's worked flawlessly since.

Oh ya one last thing...wasn't there some software update on iPhones recently? I thought I read about 5000 posts about people crying about it. Maybe a figment of my imagination :)

So feature wise they are basically the same?

Ya S4 has a little better camera, and some other little features that s3 doesn't. Nothing too ground breaking though
That rug really tied the room together...
OmegaRed
Fabio

Previous

Return to The Honey Hole