Funky Camo...

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

Funky Camo...

Postby Slack Tide » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:11 am

Anyone else notice the splashes of color that companies are putting in their camo patterns lately?
I first noticed the orange with Sitka....then going through the catalog I saw the big, bright orange "H" on a lot of Heat Gear and then the Browning "Dirty Bird" line (I think) has bright red zippers on everything...pockets, front, hood, chest....
Weird...seems counter-intuitive....
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Re: Funky Camo...

Postby luie b » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:00 am

It's because the market for camo wear has changed from it originally being just for hunting to it now being for people to look stylish while hunting or for people that don't hunt but wear camo. Sad world we live in where people who don't hunt wear camo... guess the phase will pass eventually...
**2014-2015 Illinois Waterfowl Season**
Blue-winged teal - 14
luie b
hunter

Postby T Man » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:26 am

I agree. My buddy walked into walmart and grabbed a long sleeve camo shirt for our dove opener, paid and left. The next morning when he put it on it had the companies name written in day glow green on the side from the armpit down to the hem at the bottom.
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby TXducksanddeer » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:16 am

Yep. Under armor has started making their camo with this super ugly neon green. It looks God awful and I know it won't blend in with anything. There is something wrong with the outdoor industry in general I think.
TXducksanddeer
hunter

Postby MinnesotaDan » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:17 pm

Lmao this is for the "camo=cool" crowd. It's a joke. It's so garbage but it's what's in these days. Really big with girls and most of them don't even hunt.
Nobody cares about your season totals.
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:18 pm

Maybe it's an effort to blend in with the monster energy drink cans some of these hick, dirtbag, sky busting, duck commander,douche bags leave out there?
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby DuckManClyde » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:26 pm

Slack Tide wrote:Maybe it's an effort to blend in with the monster energy drink cans some of these hick, dirtbag, sky busting, duck commander,douche bags leave out there?

yea, that and the bag of mcd'z tossed into the cattails.
If offended, and or irritated with the above post, please refer to my caring face :hi:
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:17 pm

DuckManClyde wrote:
Slack Tide wrote:Maybe it's an effort to blend in with the monster energy drink cans some of these hick, dirtbag, sky busting, duck commander,douche bags leave out there?

I dread what's coming this season.....I Just hope it's colder than Hillary's nipples.....to keep the Guido A-Holes away...
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby Tealer » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:23 pm

Slack Tide wrote:
DuckManClyde wrote:

I dread what's coming this season.....I Just hope it's colder than Hillary's nipples.....to keep the Guido A-Holes away...

Its sunny and 70ish here, more tards in the field then ducks right now.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Return to The Honey Hole