Capt. Sullenberger

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

Re: Capt. Sullenberger

Postby toolmaker » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:28 am

rank duck wrote:No disrespect intended, but I don't get calling him a hero. He was doing his job, and he did it well. Pilots train extensively for emergencies. He executed his duties seemingly perfectly and managed a safe emergency landing in which every soul survived. Kudos to Cpt. Sully for not panicking and for doing his job.

Seems like the title of hero gets applied pretty loosely these days. It dilutes the significance of the word.

well hero is vague.....but I have to say, IN MY OPINION, he performed better than anyone else flying commercial airliner with NO engines working. and he did it in one of the most populated areas in the world.....if it is a skill that all pilots must have, few if any have shown they have them.....usually someone dies even if the plane doesn't lose all its power.

how many pilots have landed on water??????? the number is small....maybe some CRASHED into water....and we aren't talking float planes either.... in THEORY maybe some know it, but not in practice........he deserves much accolades in my book.

the tool
favorite quote: We constantly dont do things this way
toolmaker
hunter

Postby rank duck » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:05 am

waterfowlman wrote:I was thinking about buying a ticket on that flight.....include me in your lawsuit UR. The daily mental anguish is just too much to bear!!

I know someone who was on that flight. We're not buddies or anything, but we work for the same company.

That should be worth scorin' some jack!
- THIS SPACE FOR RENT -
rank duck
hunter

Postby Underradar » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:25 pm

I am sick of you all making excuses for that loser. I mean, how hard is it to look out a windshield, and say "O look, a flock of geese, maybe I ought to turn a little or fly over them"? He put everyone in the plane's life at risk, not to mention the lives of millions of rude, swarthy New Yorkers.

@ t_baker: Cessna Citation
My lab died, and no one on Duckhuntingchat even cared.

Google I'm feeling lucky: DU biologist stole my car

You may win a fight, but you can never win an argument.
Underradar
hunter

Postby D Comeaux » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:51 pm

Underradar wrote:I am sick of you all making excuses for that loser. I mean, how hard is it to look out a windshield, and say "O look, a flock of geese, maybe I ought to turn a little or fly over them"? He put everyone in the plane's life at risk, not to mention the lives of millions of rude, swarthy New Yorkers.

I want one of those.....
D Comeaux
hunter

Postby WTN10 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:06 pm

Raise your hand if you have a plane.
2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
WTN10
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:17 pm

Underradar wrote:I am sick of you all making excuses for that loser. I mean, how hard is it to look out a windshield, and say "O look, a flock of geese, maybe I ought to turn a little or fly over them"? He put everyone in the plane's life at risk, not to mention the lives of millions of rude, swarthy New Yorkers.

He deserves a hero's citation just for putting them at risk. He should would have gotten a medal of honor for crashing into the lot of them.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:37 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:

He deserves a hero's citation just for putting them at risk. He should would have gotten a medal of honor for crashing into the lot of them.

youre an idiot
favorite quote: We constantly dont do things this way
toolmaker
hunter

Previous

Return to The Honey Hole