Duck Hunting Forum banner

Who says magnum decoys don't work?!!!

2K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  Leaky-NY 
#1 ·
This is the best decoy I've ever seen. 40 feet tall and yellow! It had geese, mallards and hybrids all over it. I gotta get me one of these!

Sent from my iPhone 5, which sucks my cojones. Don't buy one.

See less See more
#7 ·
vincentpa said:
tmclaimerFL said:
Is that the Allegheny River?
Yes it was the Allegheny River. It was at the Point across from Heinz Field. Sunday was the final day it was there.
Sweet

#10 ·
vincentpa said:
waterfowlman said:
vincentpa said:
Indaswamp said:
WTH is that big inflatable duck used for anyways? Real question.....I'm curious...some kind of a parade or something?
It's traveling around the world. It's a work of "art".[/quote]

So is a jar full of piss. :lol3:
Art is art. It fills you full of emotion.
Harrumph...looks like that duck is filled with a lot of hot air! :sarcmark:

#12 ·
aunt betty said:
Google giant rubber duck.
WPIX had a story about the economic impact and how it was a boon to the city. lol
I just wanted to see what its name is.
Ducky, I think.
It was unbelievable how many people would come down to see that stupid thing. It was crowded everyday it was there and it was there for over a month! We had replicas of the Nina, Pinta and Santa Maria make a stay on the rivers once. They didn't get as much attention as that stupid duck. This is a fine example of the degradation of the intellect of the average American. But hey, it's art...

I do have to admit, it was kinda funny when I first saw it. I don't know how many of you have ever been to Pittsburgh. You can't see the downtown area and the rivers when driving from the airport because there is a mountain that runs above the left bank of the river. You drive through a tunnel that lets out onto a bridge crossing the Monongahela River and the city jumps out at you. The bridge is right at the point where the Allegheny and the Mon rivers form the Ohio. There is a nice park and a big fountain at the confluence of the rivers. You've probably seen it from ariel shots during football games. I was coming home from the airport and upon crossing the bridge, I looked over at the fountain and the stadiums and there was this giant rubber duck floating in the river. It gave me a good chuckle.

#13 ·
vincentpa said:
aunt betty said:
WPIX had a story about the economic impact and how it was a boon to the city. lol
Ducky, I think.
It was unbelievable how many people would come down to see that stupid thing. It was crowded everyday it was there and it was there for over a month! We had replicas of the Nina, Pinta and Santa Maria make a stay on the rivers once. They didn't get as much attention as that stupid duck. This is a fine example of the degradation of the intellect of the average American. But hey, it's art...

I do have to admit, it was kinda funny when I first saw it. I don't know how many of you have ever been to Pittsburgh. You can't see the downtown area and the rivers when driving from the airport because there is a mountain that runs above the left bank of the river. You drive through a tunnel that lets out onto a bridge crossing the Monongahela River and the city jumps out at you. The bridge is right at the point where the Allegheny and the Mon rivers form the Ohio. There is a nice park and a big fountain at the confluence of the rivers. You've probably seen it from ariel shots during football games. I was coming home from the airport and upon crossing the bridge, I looked over at the fountain and the stadiums and there was this giant rubber duck floating in the river. It gave me a good chuckle.
I blame Duck Dynasty

#14 ·
MarkM said:
vincentpa said:
aunt betty said:
Ducky, I think.

I blame Texas
Morning Mark :hi:

#15 ·
OHIODUCKA5 said:
MarkM said:
vincentpa said:
aunt betty said:
Ducky, I think.

I blame people north of the Mason-Dixon line
Mornin Ohio :beer:

#16 ·
MarkM said:
OHIODUCKA5 said:
MarkM said:
vincentpa said:
aunt betty said:
Ducky, I think.

I blame Botiz630
I think we can agree on this one

#17 ·
OHIODUCKA5 said:
MarkM said:
OHIODUCKA5 said:
MarkM said:
vincentpa said:
aunt betty said:
Ducky, I think.

I blame Byers Farm for all those awesome pictures
I think we can agree on this one
How about that?

#19 ·
OHIODUCKA5 said:
MarkM said:
OHIODUCKA5 said:
MarkM said:
vincentpa said:
aunt betty said:
Ducky, I think.

I blame Botiz630
I think we (ALL!) can agree on this one
FIFY

#22 ·
I used to use Magnum decoys all the time in my younger days. I would go into the bar, sit down next to a pretty girl and as I pulled out a $100 bill I would "accidentally" drop a magnum out of my wallet. 60% of the time it worked every time. By the time she found out it was a decoy, it was already too late.

#23 ·
T Man said:
I used to use Magnum decoys all the time in my younger days. I would go into the bar, sit down next to a pretty girl and as I pulled out a $100 bill I would "accidentally" drop a magnum out of my wallet. 60% of the time it worked every time. By the time she found out it was a decoy, it was already too late.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've seen pics of some of your ex girls. It must've worked.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.