Who says magnum decoys don't work?!!!

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut, lostpup, Preacher1011

Who says magnum decoys don't work?!!!

Postby vincentpa » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:13 pm

This is the best decoy I've ever seen. 40 feet tall and yellow! It had geese, mallards and hybrids all over it. I gotta get me one of these!

Sent from my iPhone 5, which sucks my cojones. Don't buy one.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Re: Who says magnum decoys don't work?!!!

Postby waterfowlman » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:16 pm

You could put 10 to 12 shooting ports in the side of that thing and use it at a decoy and boat blind. :lol3: :lol3:
Rule Number One: Always use a sledge hammer to kill an ant.
waterfowlman
SIR

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:18 pm

WTH is that big inflatable duck used for anyways? Real question.....I'm curious...some kind of a parade or something?
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby tmclaimerFL » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:20 pm

vincentpa wrote:This is the best decoy I've ever seen. 40 feet tall and yellow! It had geese, mallards and hybrids all over it. I gotta get me one of these!

Sent from my iPhone 5, which sucks my cojones. Don't buy one.

Is that the Allegheny River?
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:24 pm

Indaswamp wrote:WTH is that big inflatable duck used for anyways? Real question.....I'm curious...some kind of a parade or something?

It's traveling around the world. It's a work of "art".
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:25 pm

tmclaimerFL wrote:Is that the Allegheny River?

Yes it was the Allegheny River. It was at the Point across from Heinz Field. Sunday was the final day it was there.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:28 pm

vincentpa wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote:Is that the Allegheny River?

Yes it was the Allegheny River. It was at the Point across from Heinz Field. Sunday was the final day it was there.

Sweet
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby waterfowlman » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:30 pm

vincentpa wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:WTH is that big inflatable duck used for anyways? Real question.....I'm curious...some kind of a parade or something?

It's traveling around the world. It's a work of "art".[/quote]

So is a jar full of piss. :lol3:
Rule Number One: Always use a sledge hammer to kill an ant.
waterfowlman
SIR

Postby vincentpa » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:38 pm

waterfowlman wrote:
vincentpa wrote:

Art is art. It fills you full of emotion.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:41 pm

vincentpa wrote:
waterfowlman wrote:
vincentpa wrote:

Art is art. It fills you full of emotion.

Harrumph...looks like that duck is filled with a lot of hot air! :sarcmark:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby aunt betty » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:45 pm

Google giant rubber duck.
WPIX had a story about the economic impact and how it was a boon to the city. lol
I just wanted to see what its name is.
Ducky, I think.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Postby vincentpa » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:03 am

aunt betty wrote:Google giant rubber duck.
WPIX had a story about the economic impact and how it was a boon to the city. lol
Ducky, I think.

It was unbelievable how many people would come down to see that stupid thing. It was crowded everyday it was there and it was there for over a month! We had replicas of the Nina, Pinta and Santa Maria make a stay on the rivers once. They didn't get as much attention as that stupid duck. This is a fine example of the degradation of the intellect of the average American. But hey, it's art...

I do have to admit, it was kinda funny when I first saw it. I don't know how many of you have ever been to Pittsburgh. You can't see the downtown area and the rivers when driving from the airport because there is a mountain that runs above the left bank of the river. You drive through a tunnel that lets out onto a bridge crossing the Monongahela River and the city jumps out at you. The bridge is right at the point where the Allegheny and the Mon rivers form the Ohio. There is a nice park and a big fountain at the confluence of the rivers. You've probably seen it from ariel shots during football games. I was coming home from the airport and upon crossing the bridge, I looked over at the fountain and the stadiums and there was this giant rubber duck floating in the river. It gave me a good chuckle.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby MarkM » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:11 am

vincentpa wrote:
Ducky, I think.

It was unbelievable how many people would come down to see that stupid thing. It was crowded everyday it was there and it was there for over a month! We had replicas of the Nina, Pinta and Santa Maria make a stay on the rivers once. They didn't get as much attention as that stupid duck. This is a fine example of the degradation of the intellect of the average American. But hey, it's art...

I do have to admit, it was kinda funny when I first saw it. I don't know how many of you have ever been to Pittsburgh. You can't see the downtown area and the rivers when driving from the airport because there is a mountain that runs above the left bank of the river. You drive through a tunnel that lets out onto a bridge crossing the Monongahela River and the city jumps out at you. The bridge is right at the point where the Allegheny and the Mon rivers form the Ohio. There is a nice park and a big fountain at the confluence of the rivers. You've probably seen it from ariel shots during football games. I was coming home from the airport and upon crossing the bridge, I looked over at the fountain and the stadiums and there was this giant rubber duck floating in the river. It gave me a good chuckle.

I blame Duck Dynasty
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:44 am

MarkM wrote:
vincentpa wrote:
Ducky, I think.

I blame Texas

Morning Mark :hi:
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby MarkM » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:46 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
MarkM wrote:
vincentpa wrote:
Ducky, I think.

I blame people north of the Mason-Dixon line

Mornin Ohio :beer:
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:57 am

MarkM wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
MarkM wrote:
vincentpa wrote:
Ducky, I think.

I blame Botiz630

I think we can agree on this one
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby MarkM » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:00 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
MarkM wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
MarkM wrote:
vincentpa wrote:
Ducky, I think.

I blame Byers Farm for all those awesome pictures

I think we can agree on this one

How about that?

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:03 am

:lol: :lol: . Good thing he doesn't have that decoy. Imagine all the birds that would be in Arkansas

-Gene Hill

OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:06 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
MarkM wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
MarkM wrote:
vincentpa wrote:
Ducky, I think.

I blame Botiz630

I think we (ALL!) can agree on this one

FIFY
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby dakotashooter2 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:00 am

HMMMM a "Trojan Duck"...............................................
dakotashooter2
hunter

Postby kruse » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:38 pm

:thumbsup: I am getting one. Hopefully it will be here by this weekend so I can ad it to my spread. :thumbsup:
kruse
hunter

Postby T Man » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:20 pm

I used to use Magnum decoys all the time in my younger days. I would go into the bar, sit down next to a pretty girl and as I pulled out a $100 bill I would "accidentally" drop a magnum out of my wallet. 60% of the time it worked every time. By the time she found out it was a decoy, it was already too late.
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby vincentpa » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:24 pm

T Man wrote:I used to use Magnum decoys all the time in my younger days. I would go into the bar, sit down next to a pretty girl and as I pulled out a $100 bill I would "accidentally" drop a magnum out of my wallet. 60% of the time it worked every time. By the time she found out it was a decoy, it was already too late.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've seen pics of some of your ex girls. It must've worked.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby huntfishnv » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:53 pm

WHAT THE HELL
Nick Roehl wrote:Everything I say is so damn good you need to quote it for your signiture.

Un-expect the expected
huntfishnv
hunter

Postby Leaky-NY » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:08 am

Okay so who picked it up to see what winning number was on the bottom like at a fair? :huh:

Leaky
If it aint ducks, Dogs or boats I cant talk now!
Leaky-NY
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole