Avery Forum and Migration Reports

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

Avery Forum and Migration Reports

Postby SMcGarrity » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:00 pm

anyone know what's up with Avery's forum?

also, I used to check out their migration reports from pro-staff through their forum. anyone use any particular resource to keep up with migration info?
SMcGarrity
hunter

Re: Avery Forum and Migration Reports

Postby Tealer » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:22 pm

I use binos at refuges to track bird numbers.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby T Man » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:22 pm

Nope, don't care either. Have you tried emailing them asking what's going on? Youwouldn't post on a Chevy forum asking why a Ford forum wasn't working would you

Shouted from the bottom of a well
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby SMcGarrity » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:14 am

bunch of smart guys here full of insight, wisdom, and wit I see.

I am not looking for birds in a particular area or locale. These migration reports were generally flyway related and had information from folks from different parts of the country. what they were seeing, types of birds, weather conditions, etc. nothing like "hey my honey hole over here off hwy B and hwy C is loaded up!"

this isn't cyber scouting gentlemen so please try and refrain from keeping your panties getting all balled up!
Last edited by SMcGarrity on Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
SMcGarrity
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:26 am

I go commando and it still makes me :mad:
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:27 am

SMcGarrity wrote:bunch of smart guys here full of insight and comedy I see.

I am not looking for birds in a particular area or locale. These migration reports were generally flyway related and had information from folks from different parts of the country. what they were seeing, types of birds, weather conditions, etc. nothing like "hey my honey hole over here off hwy B and hwy C is loaded up!"

this isn't cyber scouting gentlemen so please try and refrain from keeping your panties getting all balled up!

Try ducks unlimited migration map
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby SMcGarrity » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:31 am

i use that. i also use info from various sites run by DNRs and Conservation Area. there are also some other public resources that are helpful.

i used Avery forum every once in a while and I was just wondering if anyone knew anything.
SMcGarrity
hunter

Postby UofAduckman1987 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:12 am

Garrity, I usually expect 2-3 smart@$$ remarks per one helpful comment on a good day, some days it's worse haha. I'm not familiar with the avery map but I know what you're saying about using those types of resources. On any given weekend I already know where I plan on going but it's always fun to read about people seeing birds moving just north of your spot a day or two before the weekend. I don't really see the harm in any of it and I will usually post a few updates a year on the website. If nothing else I love seeing the reports from various corners of the US and the type of hunting success or failure they are having. Good luck
UofAduckman1987
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:25 am

Go away. Their website must be like most of the stuff they sell .
Last edited by OHIODUCKA5 on Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
quacknstack6 wrote:It's Shaun douchenozzle.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby T Man » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:14 am

SMcGarrity wrote:bunch of smart guys here full of insight, wisdom, and wit I see.

I know you weren't cyber scouting. Just curious why you would come on one forum to ask about another. We are a business, they are a business. You don't go to taco bell to ask when the mcrib is coming back do you?

Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby Seminole39 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:17 am

the McRib is coming back??

don't toy with my emotions
mox wrote:If you say the water is too cold... then you sir, are a puss.
Seminole39
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:07 am

I am told the site is down while they are finishing up the new website. It apparently takes forever to build an e-commerce site, I have no idea about any of this, just what I am being told. I am going to find out where or if these are being displayed, for right now. I am in charge of our migration reporting for the central portion of the Mississippi flyway so if anything I may be able to email them to you or display them somewhere. Ill get back with you.
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby Crazy Matt » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:09 am

Pull it.
Call, Kill, Consume.
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert

Postby T Man » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:11 am

Crazy Matt wrote:Pull it.

I'm in class, people would look at me funny if I did that again.

T Man
Super Moderator

Postby t_baker » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:16 am

T Man wrote:
Crazy Matt wrote:Pull it.

I'm in class, people would look at me funny if I did that again.

t_baker
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:25 am

Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby SMcGarrity » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:19 pm

T Man wrote:
SMcGarrity wrote:bunch of smart guys here full of insight, wisdom, and wit I see.

I know you weren't cyber scouting. Just curious why you would come on one forum to ask about another. We are a business, they are a business. You don't go to taco bell to ask when the mcrib is coming back do you?

you are talking apples and oranges the way i see it.

this is a public place that doesn't charge anything. i am not buying anything. this is a place where people come to tell stories, share ideas, provide insight, help each other, etc. that's why they call it a public forum - kind of like a public park. would you tell someone who came up to you at your favorite park or public place and say "get lost" if they asked about the other park across town and what happened to it? i would hope not.

some people come on here to feel "big" behind a computer and to get their rocks off. not saying you are one of these people, but if you've been on any forum you know what i'm talking about.

and to the ford/chevy/dodge dealership argument about forums...i find that theory to be out there as well when people compare that to open, public forums like this one. but opinions are like a**holes; everyone's got one and they all stink. same goes with my opinions.

not saying i'm right or wrong. i am just saying!

:hammer:
SMcGarrity
hunter

Postby SMcGarrity » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:21 pm

and to SPatrick, thank you for your help. i appreciate it...

i emailed avery and haven't gotten a response yet, but i understand that these things take time. i can usually find that stuff online myself...

happy hunting everyone
SMcGarrity
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole