Need Prayers

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut, lostpup, Preacher1011

Re: Need Prayers

Postby D Comeaux » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:57 pm

A little update

My sister had her visit to MD Anderson this week, and after a battery of test, she will have surgery next Friday to remove the kidney. They are not sure that the tumor has actually spread to the liver, but could only be pushing on it.... TBD.. If so, they can remove a bit of the liver depending on what they find. They seem to be confident of removing the " tumor roots" , as describe to her by the doctors, from the vena cava. They also used "like seaweed in the vein'"to describe this issue. They are confident that they can "clean and repair" the vena cava during this surgery. She has her ups and downs emotionally, and we are praying for her.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers!!!!
D Comeaux
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:17 pm

More your way...good update.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby OGblackcloud » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:18 pm

Thanks for the update will keep you all in my prayers
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby steve-o » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:20 pm

I take this a good news. Moving forward. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
continued prayers for your sister and family.
ByersFarm wrote:Remember that God will not test us beyond what we can handle.

Botiz630 wrote:I'm as tame as a show pony.
steve-o
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Professor_Leakey » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:36 pm

more prayers sent. hoping they remove all the cancer and pretty soon you can tell us about how well her recovery is going. thanks for the update.
DuckPharm wrote:I'm talking about the pie billed goldeneye.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Postby TrapperRob » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:13 pm

Sounds like promising news... Praying that surgery goes well, and for a swift recovery.
I went into the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
-Henry David Thoreau
TrapperRob
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:18 am

D Comeaux wrote:A little update

My sister had her visit to MD Anderson this week, and after a battery of test, she will have surgery next Friday to remove the kidney. They are not sure that the tumor has actually spread to the liver, but could only be pushing on it.... TBD.. If so, they can remove a bit of the liver depending on what they find. They seem to be confident of removing the " tumor roots" , as describe to her by the doctors, from the vena cava. They also used "like seaweed in the vein'"to describe this issue. They are confident that they can "clean and repair" the vena cava during this surgery. She has her ups and downs emotionally, and we are praying for her.

I've been living with only one kidney for more than a decade now. Ain't no thing. Continued prayers for your sister and your family, D.
I need about tree fiddy.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:21 am

Thanks for the update D. Still praying for them
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby Luladucks1 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:01 pm

Praying!
Luladucks1
DHC Sponsor

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:11 pm

D Comeaux wrote:A little update

Thanks for the update D....keeping the good vibes coming my friend....
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby D Comeaux » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:20 pm

I received a call from my nephew right after lunch today to inform me that my sister had passed away on the operating table at MD Anderson. I was in shock for a while after that call. I was told they were closing her up when her heart stopped, and they weren't able to get it going again.
I found out from my younger sister today that they had given her only three to four months to live without surgery and a few years, possibly, with the surgery. She was told this during her visit a week ago, and I don't think she had told anyone but my younger sister and BIL. This news is probably the reason she decided to have the surgery. During this visit was also the first time she was given a time line on life.
Your continued prayers for the family are appreciated.
D Comeaux
hunter

Postby Professor_Leakey » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:23 pm

i am so sorry to hear about this...continued thoughts and prayers for your family.
Last edited by Professor_Leakey on Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Postby Cujo1 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:24 pm

Dang man, so sorry to hear. Prayers on the way. Keep your chin up, we are here if you need to talk. Just send a pm. Moments like these I always try to dwell on the positive times in life, helps me deal with it. :thumbsup:
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby TrapperRob » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:27 pm

Sorry for your loss, continued prayers for your family. She is at peace now.
I went into the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
-Henry David Thoreau
TrapperRob
hunter

Postby FCI90 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:30 pm

Thoughts and prayers for yall

Sent from my NEC-NE-201A1A using Tapatalk
FCI90
hunter

Postby steve-o » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:36 pm

Wow. I am sorry to hear this comeaux. We will continue the prayers for your family. If you want to talk, I will listen.
ByersFarm wrote:Remember that God will not test us beyond what we can handle.

Botiz630 wrote:I'm as tame as a show pony.
steve-o
Forum & State Moderator

Postby t_baker » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:44 pm

Sorry to hear that D. Keep your head high, sounds like you had one tough sister.
t_baker
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:48 pm

Very sorry for your loss D will keep your family in my prayers
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby DuckManClyde » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:31 pm

more prayers on the way!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
If offended, and or irritated with the above post, please refer to my caring face :hi:
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby TexasPuddleJumper » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:48 pm

Prayers sent to you and your family. I am sorry for the loss. She is in the good LORD's charge now.
I'm not saying that it shouldn't be done, I'm just saying it is ill advised...
TexasPuddleJumper
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:52 am

More prayers headed south D.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:01 pm

Sorry for your loss D. Comeaux...anything you need you just ask my friend.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby D Comeaux » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:56 pm

Thanks guys. We're all doing good. I think from the time she found out about this monster, the whole family had quality time with her and everyone got to tell to her things from the heart. You know, things you'd wished you'd said but didn't. I think she held off on telling us the real deal about her circumstance to avoid the gloom and doom and keep hope alive. That's the type of person she was. She will be missed, but the memories will always be good ones.
My nephew Blake, her son, and our hunting group had a duck hunt planned for this morning. We talked about it, and decided we'd would go ahead with it because that's what she would have wanted us to do. I think it was good medicine and she must have been with us, as we had a nice hunt. She had told me a couple of weeks back that she was donating her body to science. This is a first for me, as there will not be traditional wake. There will be a service as she wanted to celebrate her life, and to not let our thoughts linger on her death.
D Comeaux
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:08 pm

Very sorry to hear this, D. I can tell from your posts that she was a tough and brave lady. Continued prayers for your and your family.
I need about tree fiddy.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby Professor_Leakey » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:14 pm

D, i am so sorry for your loss. i know she was a very special person. i am glad you decided to get out for a hunt with family this morning after her passing. i am sure she would have wanted that. what better way to honor her than to take her son along for a hunt and have her in your hearts.

Psalm 30:5
Weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole