For You Mountain Bikers

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut, lostpup, Preacher1011

For You Mountain Bikers

Postby Locked&Loaded » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:28 pm

This has to be one of the coolest youtube bike videos I've seen! This was filmed in Southern Utah this year at the Red Bull Rampage.
User avatar
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike
 
Posts: 8202
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:12 pm


Re: For You Mountain Bikers

Postby t_baker » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:34 pm

F that.
User avatar
t_baker
hunter
 
Posts: 8221
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Harrod Ohio

Re: For You Mountain Bikers

Postby Locked&Loaded » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:37 pm

t_baker wrote:F that.


I agree!

How about the guy just after the start of the run standing on the cliff edge? One bump by a rider and that SOB would have plummeted to his death.
User avatar
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike
 
Posts: 8202
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:12 pm

Re: For You Mountain Bikers

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:38 pm

No thanks.
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
User avatar
OHIODUCKA5
hunter
 
Posts: 13851
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: For You Mountain Bikers

Postby aunt betty » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:45 pm

And they say waterfowlers are nuts. :wink:
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
User avatar
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved
 
Posts: 11696
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:09 pm
Location: Go HOGS!

Re: For You Mountain Bikers

Postby Locked&Loaded » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:47 pm

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:No thanks.


Sissy!

I do a lot of mountain biking myself, but even with the jumps out of the equation, there is no way in hell I would attempt any stretch of that trail.
User avatar
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike
 
Posts: 8202
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:12 pm

Re: For You Mountain Bikers

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:48 pm

Locked&Loaded wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:No thanks.


Sissy!

I do a lot of mountain biking myself, but even with the jumps out of the equation, there is no way in hell I would attempt any stretch of that trail.


I would love to do something like that just around here it's all mud and wood trails. So im working toward a 10k trail run in the spring
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
User avatar
OHIODUCKA5
hunter
 
Posts: 13851
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: For You Mountain Bikers

Postby Locked&Loaded » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:56 pm

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:No thanks.


Sissy!

I do a lot of mountain biking myself, but even with the jumps out of the equation, there is no way in hell I would attempt any stretch of that trail.


I would love to do something like that just around here it's all mud and wood trails. So im working toward a 10k trail run in the spring


I run a fair amount too and my wife is crazy into it! That's cool you're training for a 10k!
User avatar
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike
 
Posts: 8202
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:12 pm

Re: For You Mountain Bikers

Postby i_willie12 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:57 pm

There is a lot of the video that is messed up!!! :eek: :eek:
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
User avatar
i_willie12
hunter
 
Posts: 4350
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:42 am
Location: Marshall MO

Re: For You Mountain Bikers

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:58 pm

Locked&Loaded wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:No thanks.


Sissy!

I do a lot of mountain biking myself, but even with the jumps out of the equation, there is no way in hell I would attempt any stretch of that trail.


I would love to do something like that just around here it's all mud and wood trails. So im working toward a 10k trail run in the spring


I run a fair amount too and my wife is crazy into it! That's cool you're training for a 10k!


It's going to kill me. I did a 5k in 22 and change. 10 is a long way, I wasn't built to be a runner.
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
User avatar
OHIODUCKA5
hunter
 
Posts: 13851
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: For You Mountain Bikers

Postby Humpbackshooter » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:24 pm

Oducks, thats flying on a 5k. I did a 5k in 33 & %. Thats like 5.5 mph. 22 is some where close to 8 mph.
I was 4th in my age group. (55).............but there was only 4 in my age group. :lol3:
hump.
User avatar
Humpbackshooter
hunter
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:24 pm
Location: Memphis,Tn.

Re: For You Mountain Bikers

Postby Slack Tide » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:31 pm

All Aussies are insane....nothin upstairs......
I'm nauseous....
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
User avatar
Slack Tide
hunter
 
Posts: 5535
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:06 pm
Location: On the northeast corner of the southwest side

Re: For You Mountain Bikers

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:46 pm

I was second in my age group 30-35 avg mile was 7:15

Sent from my couch
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
User avatar
OHIODUCKA5
hunter
 
Posts: 13851
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: For You Mountain Bikers

Postby jaysweet3 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:57 pm

I could do that, but I don't wanna.
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
User avatar
jaysweet3
hunter
 
Posts: 8592
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:42 am
Location: N. Illinois

Re: For You Mountain Bikers

Postby that duck dude » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:26 pm

Hold my beer.
that duck dude
hunter
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:55 pm

Re: For You Mountain Bikers

Postby T Man » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:48 pm

Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
User avatar
T Man
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 6079
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 7:42 pm
Location: Everywhere the English language is being abused...

Re: For You Mountain Bikers

Postby T Man » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:51 pm

This is a little more my speed.

Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
User avatar
T Man
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 6079
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 7:42 pm
Location: Everywhere the English language is being abused...

Re: For You Mountain Bikers

Postby Botiz630 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:20 pm

Locked&Loaded wrote:This has to be one of the coolest youtube bike videos I've seen! This was filmed in Southern Utah this year at the Red Bull Rampage.


Honestly I can't even believe that people do that. I mean, you can be good, but everyone makes mistakes. One slip on that trail and it's all over.
I need about tree fiddy.
User avatar
Botiz630
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 16922
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:24 pm
Location: Indiana

Re: For You Mountain Bikers

Postby dakotashooter2 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:47 am

I always wonder how many bones one has to break to get that good..............

I'd probably fall off some of that trail just walking it.......................................
User avatar
dakotashooter2
hunter
 
Posts: 2287
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: For You Mountain Bikers

Postby kruse » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:01 am

T Man wrote:This is a little more my speed.




:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would never attempt to do any of thta kind of riding. But that was funny.
User avatar
kruse
hunter
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:24 am

Re: For You Mountain Bikers

Postby KaceyDucks » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:03 am

That was nuts. Even if he was good to go, what happens with a mechanical failure? Another one bites the dust in that case I guess.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants." -- Thomas Jefferson
KaceyDucks
hunter
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:40 am

Re: For You Mountain Bikers

Postby OGblackcloud » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:11 am

I would have done most of that trail with no hands
User avatar
OGblackcloud
hunter
 
Posts: 14449
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:38 pm


Return to The Honey Hole

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Duplex lover, Google [Bot], pangborn83 and 45 guests