How much did your tires cost?

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

How much did your tires cost?

Postby GomerPyle » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:23 pm

I'm about to have to buy tires for my truck....currently run a 285/70/17 but could go slightly smaller (stock is 265/70/17). I've started shopping around online and nearly had a stroke at what tires cost these days. At first I just started looking up tires that I saw on other trucks around town (specifically some Nitto's, Goodyears, and BFG)...and many in my size or $300+ PER TIRE. ***?!

then I just started looking at more average A/T tires but unless I go with a straight-up "Street Tire", I don't see how I can get out for less than $800-900.....

assuming you drive a truck, what do you have (size and model) and what did you pay for them?
At the advice of my attorney, I issue the following disclaimer:

"This post may or may not be intended as humor and/or sarcasm and does not necessarily reflect the actual views of the poster."
GomerPyle
hunter

Re: How much did your tires cost?

Postby whisperin' duck » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:29 pm

295/65/20 Toyo M/T $1600.00
37/12.50/20 Trail Grappler I don't want to talk about those :fingerhead:

Belly up and get what you want, don't cheap out.
LadyK wrote:Ya know, day to day, government collapse, zombie apocalypse. A woman's job never changes. :lol3:
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby firedawg1513 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:30 pm

bfg rugged terrain t/a 275-60-18 $810 even out the door... :beer:
savin lives & destroyin property since 2002...
firedawg1513
hunter

Postby T Man » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:34 pm

I went into my buddies shop ready to drop 1000-1200 on a set of BFG AT TA/KO's or Cooper SST's and got talked out of them. I ended up buying a set of Falken Wildpeak Tires. I went home and did some research, and found a lot of happy customers. I've never been super impressed with the BFG's and the Coopers were a bit to aggressive for the amount of time I realistically spend on on pavement I dont have more than a couple hundred miles on them but so far I am really impressed. They cleared mud pretty well yesterday while I was out scouting, and for as aggressive as the tread is, they ride quiet on the highway. Best part is they ended up being 150 or so a tire. As with any a/t you are going to sacrifice some when it comes to sloppy mud, but the tread groves are big enough that they did clear mud pretty well. I am anxious to see how they do in the snow this year. As of now, I would definitely recommend them again. The most important thing with any tire, especially an a/t is proper rotation and alignment.

Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby go get the bird » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:35 pm

Gomer, are you looking at P or LT tires? For one of our more popular tires in a 10 ply, the Dueler AT Revo 2, I'd sell them at $230/tire mounted & balanced. P rated would run about $194/ tire mounted for the same tire.
MackieKnife wrote:The moral of the story is...I'm retarded.
go get the bird
hunter

Postby GomerPyle » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:36 pm

whisperin' duck wrote:295/65/20 Toyo M/T $1600.00

those prices make my head spin...........and crap, it ain't about what I want, it's about what I can afford
At the advice of my attorney, I issue the following disclaimer:

"This post may or may not be intended as humor and/or sarcasm and does not necessarily reflect the actual views of the poster."
GomerPyle
hunter

Postby go get the bird » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:38 pm

For reference, here's the tread of the Revo 2.

revo2.png
revo2.png (54.36 KiB) Viewed 916 times
go get the bird
hunter

Postby trowlan1 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:38 pm

285 75r16 BFG Mud Terrain KM2's mounted/balanced/out the door - $1,200, I think.
trowlan1
hunter

Postby i_willie12 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:39 pm

whisperin' duck wrote:295/65/20 Toyo M/T $1600.00

Yup running 295 nitto trail graps plus rims..... Cost $2400 Think just the tires were $350 a piece :eek: Truck tires aint cheap my man! :no:
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
i_willie12
hunter

Postby talltimber » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:42 pm

Goodyear pro grade silent armor 285-75-16, $245-250 ish a couple of years ago. I request no road hazard, no free rotation, just mount and balance.
About time for another set, 30-35k or so on them. Didn't last too good.
talltimber
hunter

Postby Omaha Clucker » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:42 pm

I just got a set of the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo's. They're the stock size on an 09 Sierra, which I think is the 265/70/17 you were talking about and I've been happy with them. Under $200 is a good price
Omaha Clucker
hunter

Postby go get the bird » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:44 pm

talltimber wrote:I request no road hazard, no free rotation, just mount and balance.

You requested to not receive a FREE service? :huh: :huh:
go get the bird
hunter

Postby T Man » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:44 pm

go get the bird wrote:For reference, here's the tread of the Revo 2.

revo2.png

I loved the Original Revo's. I just replaced them on my current truck with 40k and I had a set on my previous truck. I have heard the 2's address the previous heel toe wear they were notorious for and perform better in the snow than the original revos. I was strongly considering them but we dont have a firestone dealer around that I would be able to buy lifetime ballance and rotations with.
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby go get the bird » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:50 pm

T Man wrote:
go get the bird wrote:For reference, here's the tread of the Revo 2.

revo2.png

I loved the Original Revo's. I just replaced them on my current truck with 40k and I had a set on my previous truck. I have heard the 2's address the previous heel toe wear they were notorious for and perform better in the snow than the original revos. I was strongly considering them but we dont have a firestone dealer around that I would be able to buy lifetime ballance and rotations with.

I run the 2s on my personal truck, as well as all of our shop trucks. an overwhelming majority of the employees also run them.

Another good tire to look at is the Hankook DynaPro AT RF10. Real square, well-wearing tire with real decent traction.
go get the bird
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:58 pm

buckshot maxis mudders 31x10.50 15's (little tires) $100 bucks each
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:12 pm

I run stock street tires. Got a set of fairly new tires from a guy who upgraded for A CASE OF BEER.
Bought a set off another guy, same thing, upgrading...got em for $100.
I have a stack of tires talker than me. :thumbsup:
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Postby grizz18 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:12 pm

Last truck I had 2 sets of 285's AT Nitto Grapplers for $780-820
grizz18
Squatch Life

Postby aunt betty » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:14 pm

If you know how to drive a 4x4 you dont need tires that look cool and hum.
Its an attention getter...get the most aggressive tires you can afford....it's WAY COOL!
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Postby Locked&Loaded » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:15 pm

Hankook Dyna Pro MT 285 70R 17
If I remember correctly, they were about $300 a pop.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby go get the bird » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:18 pm

aunt betty wrote:If you know how to drive a 4x4 you dont need tires that look cool and hum.
Its an attention getter...get the most aggressive tires you can afford....it's WAY COOL!

Knowing how to drive is only half the battle. You don't go to a gun fight with a switchblade.
go get the bird
hunter

Postby talltimber » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:21 pm

go get the bird wrote:
talltimber wrote:I request no road hazard, no free rotation, just mount and balance.

It's a free service that ain't free. I'd go with the "free" rotation but the store is not in my normal line of travel. Road hazard is a joke. It's like insurance, its great until you need it. Just knock off that free service cost that's added into the tire charge and I'll take care of it myself.
talltimber
hunter

Postby go get the bird » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:30 pm

talltimber wrote:
go get the bird wrote:

It's a free service that ain't free. I'd go with the "free" rotation but the store is not in my normal line of travel. Road hazard is a joke. It's like insurance, its great until you need it. Just knock off that free service cost that's added into the tire charge and I'll take care of it myself.

I'd venture to say that nearly every single shop that has free rotations with tire purchases do not add any money onto to purchase price. I know we don't. As a matter of fact, as long as you have a Bridgestone/Firestone product, we rotate them for free, regardless of where you purchased them. It's a company policy (direct from Bridgestone). Free means it costs you exactly the same amount whether you utilize it or not. Free rotates are to keep you coming back to the store. When the tires are off, the techs inspect front end parts, brakes, etc., and with any luck, you will need some work.
go get the bird
hunter

Postby greenster » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:31 pm

wwwdiscounttire.com Saved me almost $200 rather than buying locally. But to answer $170Ea via DT
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby brsutton86 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:50 pm

If you drive more than just around town don't get a cheap tire! Bfg AT is hard to beat. 79k miles on mine but there plum shot getting ready to buy another set. If you keep proper psi and rotate you get your dollars worth. I haul and pull a lot of stuff I won't put a cheapo on my truck, I depend on them. A lot of goodyears are made in China now. Stay away 2 out of 4 knotted up on my trailer with less than 2k miles. They were 10 ply $210 a piece and suppose to be the BEST trailer tire. Chinese Junk! I priced 285/75/16 bfg at @ $860 mounted and balanced.
Livin' the hive life
Buy USA raw honey

Christian Waterfowlers Assoc.
http://www.thecwa.org
brsutton86
hunter

Postby duckman27 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:00 pm

General Grabbers at just over $100 a piece. They get me where I need to go :fingerhead:
duckman27
hunter

Next

Return to The Honey Hole